Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're greatest hs football moment
What is you're favorite football moment you have witnessed last yr or whenever in hs football?

Mine Would have to be the great ole Ashland and Rockcastle Double OT game in the regional semi final. it was a dandy! :CE_DP_Ste
There are a few for me. One was a late 4th quarter comeback in 2000 against Greenup County. The 2003 touchdown pass to win the game against Prestonsburg was also another incredible moment. The Rockcastle game you mentioned is high on the list as well.
Belfry's Back to Back State Championships in 2003 & 2004. I can't even begin to express the elation and ultimate thrill and honor to get those Titles and be called State Champions.
By far my favorite moment came last year when Pikeville drove the whole field in the final minutes or the regional championship to tie the game. This drive was full of GREAT plays...the HUGE catch by Brett Gibson off the helment of the defender....the second and goal from inside the one with under a minute. Robert Shurtleff going three straight dives into the end-zone -- making it 'officially' on forth down by jumping over the line. Then who can forget Robert having to dive pratically backwards for a pass thrown behind him on the 2 point conversion to tie up the game!! And go on to win in OT :dance:

The most memoriable game that I have ever been to. I cheered SO hard that I literally felt like I was going to fait after the on-field celebration. WOW..what a game. Gets me excited right now just thinking about it!

Last time I saw the Panthers win a football game Sad
This is a tough one. :confused:

I'll have to go with, 2005 when Prestonsburg beat Breathitt County. Close behind that, 2005 Prestonsburg over Ashland for the first time in PHS history.
2005 or 2004 bc? I don't think 2005 Wink
Yes Beef that's what I meant, I graduated in 05' and my senior football year was 2004 :HitWall:
blackcat Wrote::HitWall:
:lol:

perfect timeing for that Smile
Also, there was the OT win over Prestonsburg at Belfry in 2004 in the regular season and the come from behind win over Prestonsburg on the 2004 Playoffs.
My Greatest moment would have to be in 1998 When Sheldon Clark went to Belfry and beat them in OT 16-15. I can still hear the words "Spradlin with the Touchdown" That was the same year that they played Highlands. It was a trip to get to watch J-Lo and derrick Smith play.
If it was any high school football moment it would be my greatest.

But beating Bell Co. on Pine Mountain in 1995 is probably tops on my list.
When South Floyd beat Pikeville for the first time in school history back in 1997 or 1998
BelfryPride Wrote:Also, there was the OT win over Prestonsburg at Belfry in 2004 in the regular season and the come from behind win over Prestonsburg on the 2004 Playoffs.

Those were the worst moments.
P'burg beating Danville in 2 OT's back in 92 to go to the Championship game
pcbears_27 Wrote:My Greatest moment would have to be in 1998 When Sheldon Clark went to Belfry and beat them in OT 16-15. I can still hear the words "Spradlin with the Touchdown" That was the same year that they played Highlands. It was a trip to get to watch J-Lo and derrick Smith play.

I hate to spiol the moment, but It never happened the way the refs say it did. WYMT has video proof that spradlin was on his knees at the Belfry 2 yd. line and crawled into the endzone, therefore making the ball and the play dead. So, No Sheldon Clark never beat Belfry that night in 1998, the refs did.
My sophomore year when Pikeville had a complete regime change. We had a sophomore QB who had never started a Varsity game and a line that, for the most part had never started a Varisty game. That year Fleming Neon was good and in the running for the District. It was only my second game starting at Center and we went into overtime to win the game. No one thought we would win because we had so many new players and people that had quit mid-season or were out due to penalties. But we won in OT and the fans stormed the field.
BelfryPride Wrote:I hate to spiol the moment, but It never happened the way the refs say it did. WYMT has video proof that spradlin was on his knees at the Belfry 2 yd. line and crawled into the endzone, therefore making the ball and the play dead. So, No Sheldon Clark never beat Belfry that night in 1998, the refs did.
:roses: bad memories I guess....Smile

But there are always games like that :boo:...then again refs anr't perfect but I can GUARANTEE you that they try their harders! :thumb:
ComfortEagle Wrote:My sophomore year when Pikeville had a complete regime change. We had a sophomore QB who had never started a Varsity game and a line that, for the most part had never started a Varisty game. That year Fleming Neon was good and in the running for the District. It was only my second game starting at Center and we went into overtime to win the game. No one thought we would win because we had so many new players and people that had quit mid-season or were out due to penalties. But we won in OT and the fans stormed the field.
This was #2 for me....just because I was only a freshman and really wasn't my guys playing. But what a GREAT game that was too :thumb: Not to mention it was homecomming I do believe.
BelfryPride Wrote:I hate to spiol the moment, but It never happened the way the refs say it did. WYMT has video proof that spradlin was on his knees at the Belfry 2 yd. line and crawled into the endzone, therefore making the ball and the play dead. So, No Sheldon Clark never beat Belfry that night in 1998, the refs did.

Guess what it says on scoreboard on KHSAA-----Sheldon Clark 15 Belfry 14. So i think that means the Card won. No matter what the Belfry faithful think...sorry and have a nice day..
ah, they helped out Belfry a little bit last year vs. Pburg, Doug Howard was stopped in the endzone for a safety, i have watched the play 205923409 times at least............so i guess you could call it even for everybody except pburg....:thumb: lol
oh yea........my greatest moment in HS was definitely the Breathitt Co. game last year, and both Belfry games last year, I kno that we didnt win, but they were both probably top 10 overall games in the state last year, just because everybody knew that whoever won was gonna win it all.
I would like to say that my greatest football moment was beating Pikeville my senior (while going to Lynn Camp)year to win the Region. It wasnt the fact that My Team was the first to win one at Lynn Camp but the way the fans reacted. They instantly covered the football field in orange and black. It was one of the most electric atmospheres I've ever been in the fans were so happy. I actually had to pull myself out of the middle of the fans and sat by the goal post and watched as everyone went crazy.:dance:
Watchin the Belfry Pburg games are always alot of fun to watch and they are always nail bitters
there was a saying that coach matney always said to say when a player or team on the oposing team was talking smack when they were losing...........................SCOREBOARD!!!!!!!!!!
My greatest high school moments can be narrowed down to 2 plays. My junior year I break lose on the first play from scrimage (thanks to some great blocking) and set the pace for a very emotional win over then district rival Ashland.
My senior year in double overtime I picked off a pass that sealed the district win and clinched a home playoff game against Prestonsburg.
I still have the game balls from both ocassions.
:Thumbs: