Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Ten softball teams in the 15th in 07
In My Opinion, JC, Magoffin and Lawrence could very well end the Pike County domination of 15th Region Softball this year.
foul Wrote:Is this a definate thing? If not it will hurt that Bat Cats. What type of injury was it?

I don't remember what she said it was exactly, but i do know that she is doing well & ready for this season to begin!--& it's not going to hurt them at all cuz she is doing great in practice & plus Ashley[our new pitcher] is doing excellent work & Gina[catcher] has been doing good as well & they are in this thing to win it all once again as long as they work hard as a team like always
--i see it as Valley coming out on top with flying colors this year!
BUNDY Wrote:Let's start the debate

Here are my top ten teams

1. Shelby Valley
2. Johnson Central
3. Magoffin Co.
4. East Ridge
5. Lawrence Co.
6. Pikeville
7. Belfry
8. Paintsville
9. Allen Cent.
10. Pike Co. Cent.

okay guys lets here it!!!!!!
Take Paintsville out!!!

We could have been good, but with the lack of interest from our Coach, I just don't see it!
Last week she blew off practices so she could go to Bowling Green to watch the Girl's State Tourney!
This week, (our spring break) we should have been doing 2 a days, but hell....we aren't practicing the first time!!! Go Figure??? I know she gets paid real friggin money!!! And she is one of the nicest people I know, but hell....If you have a job and take pay for it....then at least pretend that you even give a s***!
The Guru Wrote:Take Paintsville out!!!

We could have been good, but with the lack of interest from our Coach, I just don't see it!
Last week she blew off practices so she could go to Bowling Green to watch the Damn Girl's State Tourney!
This week, (our spring break) we should have been doing 2 a days, but hell....we aren't practicing the first time!!! Go Figure??? I know she gets paid real friggin money!!! And she is one of the nicest people I know, but hell....If you have a job and take pay for it....then at least pretend that you even give a shit!

We thought we were going to have that same problem last year. LC's coach was part of the basketball's coaching staff and missed practices to go to Bowling Green, which was her reward for being on the coaching staff, but we weren't happy. Still, things went ok....finishing 2nd in district and advancing to the regionals. She may not seem like she "gives a shit" but who knows! I do agree she should have had more practice during spring break.
LC is playing East Ridge and then traveling to Tennessee to play in a tournament during their spring break. Not much of a break for them.
warriorpride Wrote:Yea that looks good.

I think that since Prestonsburg beat both Pike Co. Central and Belfry they deserve a spot in the top 10 no questions asked they have earned a spot, especially with one of there starting stars unable to play due to an ACL tear during basketball season Meghan Slone and there pitcher Elizabeth Chaffin, i think they are going to turn alot of heads this year and they need a spot in the top 10. IMO.
Forget about Magoffin being one of the top teams in the Region or even their District.
With the departure of Ashley Jade Howard (who was their #2 batter, a solid threat on the bases and one of their best outfielders) from the team and the lack of coaching, by the coaching staff. Magoffin is in trouble and will do well to even make it out of the district.
They lost to Paintsville tonight 3 to 1 in 7 innings. The only run scored was a home run by Michaela Howard.
Tough times a head for the Lady Hornets.Sad Sad
The Guru Wrote:Take Paintsville out!!!

Last week she blew off practices so she could go to Bowling Green to watch the Girl's State Tourney!
This week, (our spring break) we should have been doing 2 a days, but hell....we aren't practicing the first time!!! Go Figure??? I know she gets paid real friggin money!!! And she is one of the nicest people I know, but hell....If you have a job and take pay for it....then at least pretend that you even give a s***!

Our situation in Magoffin isn't any better.

1. Shelby Valley
2. Johnson Central
3. Magoffin Co.
4. East Ridge
5. Lawrence Co.
6. Pikeville
7. Belfry
8. Paintsville
9. Allen Cent.
10. Pike Co. Cent.

Take magoffin out and replace them with Paintsville. Paintsville beat them!
thetribe Wrote:East Ridge won't be at the top of the region but are definite contenders. With the loss of the seniors from the last 2 years they will have some big footsteps to fill. I have saw Conley and Sawyers play since they were pretty young and I think that both will be able to step in and play some major roles this season. Conley has a good arm in pitching as well as being a quick catcher. Sawyers is an all around good athlete as well. Conley has it in her blood, Courtney was an awesome player no matter what sport it was and Amanda's brother was a great baseball player so they both come by it naturally.

If Fleming and Roberts do not return for Valley then they will struggle to fill their shoes. Both are first class athletes in softball as well as basketball.

I know roberts is a great athelete! however, from what i watched last year roberts only play in like two or three games if that many! she came in and ran the bases for them some! but if she dont play it wont hurt valley! but i agree if roberts dotn play it will hurt them becaue she played in every game!

1. Shelby Valley
2. Johnson Central
3. Magoffin Co.
4. East Ridge
5. Lawrence Co.
6. Pikeville
7. Belfry
8. Paintsville
9. Allen Cent.
10. Pike Co. Cent.

Paintsville beat Magoffin didn't they?
So Paintsville should be above Mag.
Also, Pike Co. Central beat Allen Central. So they should just flip flop.
Other than that, this list looks good. Nice job, Bundy! Wink
Tricky Wrote:Forget about Magoffin being one of the top teams in the Region or even their District.
With the departure of Ashley Jade Howard (who was their #2 batter, a solid threat on the bases and one of their best outfielders) from the team and the lack of coaching, by the coaching staff. Magoffin is in trouble and will do well to even make it out of the district.
They lost to Paintsville tonight 3 to 1 in 7 innings. The only run scored was a home run by Michaela Howard.
Tough times a head for the Lady Hornets.Sad Sad

From what I heard the Basketabll Coaches let Ashley do what ever she wanted and the Softball Coaches wouldn't, so she quit. If Magoffin is in so much trouble with Athletics maybe they should get a new Athletic Director, someone who knows what they are doing and who cares for all the players not just a few.
As of right now the best team in the 15th region is Lawrence Co.
Earnhardt Fan Wrote:From what I heard the Basketabll Coaches let Ashley do what ever she wanted and the Softball Coaches wouldn't, so she quit. If Magoffin is in so much trouble with Athletics maybe they should get a new Athletic Director, someone who knows what they are doing and who cares for all the players not just a few.

If you are not the Head Coach or he did'nt personally tell you, then you are merely repeating hear say. I personally don't know what happened, other than she is no longer on the team. And they have lost one of their best players and it will make them a weaker team and not a Regional Contender.
However, what does the Athletic Director have to do with anything? That statement totally makes No Sense what so ever. Why are you taking personel shots at somone who isn't involved in the decision making of a head coach. But if you are questioning whether the AD knows anything about Softball, then you are pretty ignorant to the sport.
Also, nobody said that Magoffin has trouble with Athletics.
Boys and Girls 57th District Champs Basketball, I would say all sports arent in trouble.
Tricky Wrote:If you are not the Head Coach or he did'nt personally tell you, then you are merely repeating hear say. I personally don't know what happened, other than she is no longer on the team. And they have lost one of their best players and it will make them a weaker team and not a Regional Contender.
However, what does the Athletic Director have to do with anything? That statement totally makes No Sense what so ever. Why are you taking personel shots at somone who isn't involved in the decision making of a head coach. But if you are questioning whether the AD knows anything about Softball, then you are pretty ignorant to the sport.
Also, nobody said that Magoffin has trouble with Athletics.
Boys and Girls 57th District Champs Basketball, I would say all sports arent in trouble.

All sports are looking up at MCHS, but softball loses one game and you think it's the end of the world, and start blaming the coaches. So what if a player quits, does one player make a team? NO!!! All I know about softball is what I see and their head coach treats those girls fairly and equally and does the best he can with them. That's all you can ask of a coach. One thing about the MCHS softball coach, he knows it's all about the kids and he doesn't try to put on a show for the fans like some coaches do at MCHS.
Not sure exact the top 10 this yr , some good ones playing, But one sure bet is the bottom team and thats Sheldon Clark, Coach May has his mind on other things besides whats on the field
Earnhardt Fan Wrote:All sports are looking up at MCHS, but softball loses one game and you think it's the end of the world, and start blaming the coaches. So what if a player quits, does one player make a team? NO!!! All I know about softball is what I see and their head coach treats those girls fairly and equally and does the best he can with them. That's all you can ask of a coach. One thing about the MCHS softball coach, he knows it's all about the kids and he doesn't try to put on a show for the fans like some coaches do at MCHS.

1. I am not saying it is the end of the world. And I didn't say one player makes a team! But that she was one of their best players! And they have lost 2 games in a row, that they should have won.
2. They lost to Morgan County, simply because Morgan was a better coached team and could only produce 1 run against Paintsville.
3. Why do you keep trying to bring other sports and their into a softball forum? And why are you talking in riddles about other coaches? Are you jealous or something? Just say what everyone knows you mean.
4. The last game was Wednesday night, a loss where we only scored 1 run, but we don't have any more practices scheduled the rest of the week. Sounds like the coaching staff is really dedicated? No, it dosen't. How can you be mad at someone for not catching the ball or be disappointed with their batting production, when they don't practice?
Tricky Wrote:1. I am not saying it is the end of the world. And I didn't say one player makes a team! But that she was one of their best players! And they have lost 2 games in a row, that they should have won.
2. They lost to Morgan County, simply because Morgan was a better coached team and could only produce 1 run against Paintsville.
3. Why do you keep trying to bring other sports and their into a softball forum? And why are you talking in riddles about other coaches? Are you jealous or something? Just say what everyone knows you mean.
4. The last game was Wednesday night, a loss where we only scored 1 run, but we don't have any more practices scheduled the rest of the week. Sounds like the coaching staff is really dedicated? No, it dosen't. How can you be mad at someone for not catching the ball or be disappointed with their batting production, when they don't practice?

The girls spent over two hours in the batting cage before the paintsville game. The coach can not make them swing the bat in the box, and for not scheduling any practices for the rest of the week, have you been outside. I wouldn't want to practice in 30 degree weather either, and there's just so much you can do inside concerning softball. Magoffin is lucky to have a coach who cares more about his players then he does himself. After all the kids is what it is all about. All you care about is putting them down for losing a couple of games. Winning isn't the only thing in life, maybe you should think about that.
Earnhardt Fan Wrote:As of right now the best team in the 15th region is Lawrence Co.
they are going to be a team that will be hard to beat.they believe in themselves and have good team chemistry.they beat east ridge last week and played some of the top teams in tennesee right down to the wire.coach delvalle has elavated this program to a knew level
How many hits did each team have? I noticed the score was like 2-1.
Belfry beat JC tonight 4-3...well played game by both teams.
Any stats on the JC belfry game CUP??
Tin Cup Wrote:Belfry beat JC tonight 4-3...well played game by both teams.
KHSAA website says the game was postponed???
Any stats?
Earnhardt Fan Wrote:The girls spent over two hours in the batting cage before the paintsville game. The coach can not make them swing the bat in the box, and for not scheduling any practices for the rest of the week, have you been outside. I wouldn't want to practice in 30 degree weather either, and there's just so much you can do inside concerning softball. Magoffin is lucky to have a coach who cares more about his players then he does himself. After all the kids is what it is all about. All you care about is putting them down for losing a couple of games. Winning isn't the only thing in life, maybe you should think about that.

You aren't much of a mind reader, because even though you jump to conclusions as to what I am thinking, you get them wrong.
I am sure you think, you know who I am and you are fishing as to who it is. Keep guessing!
I have never once put the girls down. However, I did see Little League practicing during these days that was too cold for the varsity. But the varsity does have a batting cage and a hitting machine inside and never once used it.
Tricky Wrote:You aren't much of a mind reader, because even though you jump to conclusions as to what I am thinking, you get them wrong.
I am sure you think, you know who I am and you are fishing as to who it is. Keep guessing!
I have never once put the girls down. However, I did see Little League practicing during these days that was too cold for the varsity. But the varsity does have a batting cage and a hitting machine inside and never once used it.

Wheather you are putting the coaches down or the kids, you are still putting the team down. People like you is why it's so hard for Magoffin Co. to get any respect. You must not be a coach because you know nothing of what goes on so why don't you do us all a favor and leave the coaches and players alone and let them do their jobs.
Pikeville is doing really well right now.
Earnhardt Fan Wrote:Wheather you are putting the coaches down or the kids, you are still putting the team down. People like you is why it's so hard for Magoffin Co. to get any respect. You must not be a coach because you know nothing of what goes on so why don't you do us all a favor and leave the coaches and players alone and let them do their jobs.

Whether or not I am a coach isn't in question. However I can assure you that if I was, the girls would know what they are doing on the field. You say that you know nothing about softball, well if that is the case. Quit talking about it and stick to something you know about. Which probably isn't a whole lot.
You are the one who got all defensive, when I said that the loss of Ashley would hurt the team and it has. And I do know what went on and was said and why she quit. I don't blame her.
I am free to post on what I want to just like you are, and you have putting other sports down. You were too glad to jump into other forums and bad mouth them. So here it is, back at you.
Have a nice day!
Tricky Wrote:Whether or not I am a coach isn't in question. However I can assure you that if I was, the girls would know what they are doing on the field. You say that you know nothing about softball, well if that is the case. Quit talking about it and stick to something you know about. Which probably isn't a whole lot.
You are the one who got all defensive, when I said that the loss of Ashley would hurt the team and it has. And I do know what went on and was said and why she quit. I don't blame her.
I am free to post on what I want to just like you are, and you have putting other sports down. You were too glad to jump into other forums and bad mouth them. So here it is, back at you.
Have a nice day!

Me and you are no different then any other person in Magoffin Co. All we do is put down our coaches and players when we should be supporting our athletes and coaches in all sports. I'm ashame of myself for letting my words get out of hand. I'm a fan of all Magoffin sports and I love to see them succeed. Despite a few over the years Magoffin is known for hustle and sportsmanship, and I'm for one will be keeping track of all MCHS teams and routing them on to victory.
Originally Posted by BUNDY [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/IHX...ewpost.gif]
Let's start the debate

1. Shelby Valley
2. Johnson Central
3. Magoffin Co.
4. East Ridge
5. Lawrence Co.
6. Pikeville
7. Belfry
8. Paintsville
9. Allen Cent.
10. Pike Co. Cent.

Pike Central should be before Allen Central
ER beat Johnson Central 8 to 4.
HAIL PIKEVILLE Wrote:Pikeville is doing really well right now.

ummm they got beat by phelps....