• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amos McCreary Named Bell County Head Football Coach
Lets put the other thread out of its misery.
Justin Bozeman?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
"After months of waiting, Bell County high school has a new head football coach. Evarts native Amos McCreary will take over the helm for the Bobcats. The announcement was made during a small gathering at the high school on Friday."

http://middlesborodailynews.com/sports/8...at-bell-co
Hope I'm wrong and our boys are very successful. If its up to heart they would be. Have to say I have my doubts on the new coach and staff or should I say lack of staff. He has no full staff in place and from what I'm told little idea on where they will
come from. This whole situation is an injustice to our kids. But now we can move on. We will see how he does and how we can do. Hope I'm wrong but do not see us winning near what we won last year under past staff. The blame? Thanks leadership for the mess and long wait you put us through. The Hope? Hope our boys can overcome.
Finally!
Yes we have a coach but how long will he be here just a day here and there?
We do have a coach. Lets go to work!!!!
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Yes we have a coach but how long will he be here just a day here and there?

More times the case than not during off season coaching changes....2-3 days a week and sometimes there once a week.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:More times the case than not during off season coaching changes....2-3 days a week and sometimes there once a week.

That is not good enough. Our boys have done nothing. They need a leader.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:More times the case than not during off season coaching changes....2-3 days a week and sometimes there once a week.

More than not, coaches are released and they go immediately. 1 day a week will not get it done. I do not care where you are or go. 3 is minimum.
What kind of administration ask a coach to step down and then will not release him to go to his next job? Did he ask to be released?
Delete...double post.
WhyLie Wrote:More than not, coaches are released and they go immediately. 1 day a week will not get it done. I do not care where you are or go. 3 is minimum.

There are those who are able to work it out and get it done for sure. I'm team "Let the coach out of their contract". One job just filled recently I know the coach is going to have to take a lot of sick days to go to his new school for the remainder of the year.
Are Scott Chaney and Darrin Clark not still involved with the program? Why would they not be at least overseeing the weight lifting the last 3 months?
jamesdeane Wrote:"After months of waiting, Bell County high school has a new head football coach. Evarts native Amos McCreary will take over the helm for the Bobcats. The announcement was made during a small gathering at the high school on Friday."

http://middlesborodailynews.com/sports/8...at-bell-co

finally
footballfever Wrote:Are Scott Chaney and Darrin Clark not still involved with the program? Why would they not be at least overseeing the weight lifting the last 3 months?

Scott Chaney is not involved anymore. Clark is the middle school coach, one would think the administration would have him done something for the kids during that time , but again look at who we are talking about. They had a trainer lifting with the kids that wanted to lift. Not mandatory.

Lets give my weekly thanks to Richard Gambrel, Tom Lefevers and John Brock Jr. We missed Little John in the picture in the paper, but you will not be forgotten. Thanks again guys for this mess of a process.

New coach must be here more than 1-2 days a week and all of spring ball for us to have a chance . Best of luck, lets go to work.
A lot of post on the hiring thread.
None on this one.
That's what happens when you make a hire nobody 8s excited about
I believe we made a good hire, I just worry about who will help.
WhyLie Wrote:I believe we made a good hire, I just worry about who will help.

Let us call this what it is, "A band aid for a severe self inflicted wound". How long will he be here? If this is a good hire, he will be here everyday that he NEEDS to be. That is more than 1-2 days a week. So is it a good hire , we will see. We will be back in this same shape in a couple years, after the 3rd year. IMO<. We can only hope the new super will have a different committee.

Still many questions, just like other places. I agree , go to work.
Time will tell if this is a good or bad hire, let the man coach some games...The hiring process was a mess but maybe they got the hire correct...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Time will tell if this is a good or bad hire, let the man coach some games...The hiring process was a mess but maybe they got the hire correct...

Hard to coach Bell Co in GA.
I called the out of state hire.
Was part of your reasoning for the hire , that 6 instate coaches would turn it down before this out of state hire. Anyone that knows this administration or even looked into the job , said no way I work for them. Good job though. LOL
Any word on who all is going to be on his staff?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I have been following the 2 threads on the Bell County coaching situation and finally decided to get into the ring. I have a great love of Kentucky high school football...most of my experience has been in the central Kentucky area, but now I am fortunate enough to have a very good seat on Log Mountain these days. A couple quick comments and then a question. The tradition and repetition of the Bell County is well known, even if you arent from these parts. One trip to the facility, the field, the fans, local interest, support and pride around this program is obvious and impressive. I dont and wont buy the "Bell is Dead" garbage one bit...look around. Spoiled we all are. Next, my question, the general "knock" on the administration...Tell me more. Give me real reasons to believe this group of people would want to bring down the tradition and image of Bobcat football....because they were tired of the TOM FOOLERY around the program?! Really?! Look. lets not fool ourselves about the state of sports from professional to pee wee. It's full of bad parents, bad coaches, wrong addresses, winning takes care of everything everybody is doing it poor sportsmanship attitude....but at some point someone or a group need a reality check. So tell me what I am missing here bobcat Insiders.
If you are asking you did not read the other thread. There were more than enough reasons to question the administration. Really , do we need to rehash that many post and pages? We have a new coach, let's just go from here.
I think bell co. made a good hire for the head coach. He is a proven winner and that is always good. But he and his staff will really have to be good at developing players or really good at recruiting players if bell co. Wants to stay at the level bell has been known for in the past because the last couple of years in middle school the talent just isn't there anymore. I know for a fact that the new coach has been recruiting already if he is half the recruiter coach Hilton was bell co. Will be fine.
Footballcrazyman Wrote:I think bell co. made a good hire for the head coach. He is a proven winner and that is always good. But he and his staff will really have to be good at developing players or really good at recruiting players if bell co. Wants to stay at the level bell has been known for in the past because the last couple of years in middle school the talent just isn't there anymore. I know for a fact that the new coach has been recruiting already if he is half the recruiter coach Hilton was bell co. Will be fine.

Well there we go thats always good. Lets get on here and wave a flag that says were cheating. With the mess we are in i hope were not foolish enough to go recruit anyone. Besides whats the sells pitch "hey come jump on this ship while its sinking" or "we may be in a terrible downward spiral but hey, at least when we hit we will land on turf". Come on! were not getting anyone, we couldn't even recruit assistant coaches.
jejgt Wrote:I have been following the 2 threads on the Bell County coaching situation and finally decided to get into the ring. I have a great love of Kentucky high school football...most of my experience has been in the central Kentucky area, but now I am fortunate enough to have a very good seat on Log Mountain these days. A couple quick comments and then a question. The tradition and repetition of the Bell County is well known, even if you arent from these parts. One trip to the facility, the field, the fans, local interest, support and pride around this program is obvious and impressive. I dont and wont buy the "Bell is Dead" garbage one bit...look around. Spoiled we all are. Next, my question, the general "knock" on the administration...Tell me more. Give me real reasons to believe this group of people would want to bring down the tradition and image of Bobcat football....because they were tired of the TOM FOOLERY around the program?! Really?! Look. lets not fool ourselves about the state of sports from professional to pee wee. It's full of bad parents, bad coaches, wrong addresses, winning takes care of everything everybody is doing it poor sportsmanship attitude....but at some point someone or a group need a reality check. So tell me what I am missing here bobcat Insiders.

Read much? I doesn't appear you have followed the other 2 threads then if you don't know what is going on.
It doesn't matter if you believe me or not I have seen the text messages myself so I know for a fact that what I'm talking about is true.
  • 1(current)
  • Next