Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young talent in the 14th
Passtheball Wrote:I only got to watch the Hazard /PCC district game.. Thought talent was about even but Hazards top 6 players were probably more athletic than PCC. Not sure why they Caudill kid went to Hazard but her and the PG from PCC together would be best guard combo in the region for the next 4 years.

That's a big statement. I think Leslie and Owsley's young guards would have something to say about that.
Passtheball Wrote:I only got to watch the Hazard /PCC district game.. Thought talent was about even but Hazards top 6 players were probably more athletic than PCC. Not sure why they Caudill kid went to Hazard but her and the PG from PCC together would be best guard combo in the region for the next 4 years.

That's a big statement. I think Leslie and Owsleys young guards might have something to say about that.
I think hazard has started working out at that new gym in hazard as a team. That should help them.

That's s big statement. I think Leslie and Owsley's young guards would have something to say about that.

That's a big statement. I think Leslie and Owsley's young guards would have something to say about that.
She's not young talent , but my sisters son goes to Pcc an he told that the profitt girl is attending classes there!
Don't think that's a big statement Water Lily. Maybe I should have said could be the best combo. I agree Lesle guards could be great combo but I think Owsley still has some work to do.
Passtheball Wrote:Don't think that's a big statement Water Lily. Maybe I should have said could be the best combo. I agree Lesle guards could be great combo but I think Owsley still has some work to do.

Not from what I have seen. I have to agree with Water Lily, Owsley's middle school guards are right there with Leslie and perry county guards. If you saw them play you would probably agree.

Doesn't really matter though as the combo you referred to in Perry will never play together at high school level.
Not trying to take anything away from the guards in Perry. They can play just think there are other combos that are right there with them.
I for one hope your girls at Owsley are just as good. Be glad to see them have a great team there.
I agree that combo at PCC will probably never happen but that's what we do here right, talk about the what if's..watched Owsley a couple times this year the big girl was solid but the press really hurt them.
Your right we do a lot of what ifs on here. Not trying to say that wouldn't be a nice set of guards. The girls from Owsley that everyone are referring to didn't play much varsity this year. You probably didn't see them unless you saw the middle school team play this year. They have a lot of talent coming up that are 7th graders and down. They also have some nice inside talent on the way up also.
Nope didn't get to see them play any middle school ball.. Sounds like we are comparing apples and oranges right now.. May be something to talk about in a couple years..look forward to watching them play..
The Caudill girl from Hazard was Honorable Mention All-State this season as a 7th grader. I think she is in a category by herself.
I coach Valley Middle and I need a team on Spet. 10 to play in my one day classic. Would Owsley be interested? They would get two games.
Good to see a young kid get some recognition. Look for a few more young kids to make some noise in years to come..
The Gibson girl from Owsley has played on a Kentucky AAU team for most of the summer. She's had tournaments in Lexington, Nashville, and Atlanta, among other places. This is her second summer of playing on a state AAU team. The one she's on this summer is called Kentucky Premier or Elite, one of those names but not sure which. She'll be a junior this year.
That's where you have to be now if you want an opportunity to play college basketball.Good for her. Got to watch her the last 2 years and she's got better every year.
Kentucky Premier works very hard to get scholarships fo kids! So glad she is with them. They are the gold standard for this state.
Passtheball Wrote:I had forgot about the Profitt kid, put her, Caudill and Hall together and they could compete with any region. From reading the other posts I guess the Caudill guy wasn't going to be part of the PCC coaching staff.

I heard the other day that the Profitt girl went back were she from.
I talked to her cousin last weekend and she said she thought that Profitt was coming back to her old school. That would be a tough loss for PCC, but Coach Napiers team would still be a contender by the end of the season.
Hadn't heard that, she's a good player. Look for her to have another good year. She'll have an opportunity to play at the next level.
Talking about young talent RW has some 6th graders that have beat every team they have played. The Hoskins girl the younger Proffitt girl and a Gibson girl that plays D better than any 6th grader I've seen