Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 Years Ago...Glory Road
Great article...

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketb...ntcmp=hpdm
Pretty good read. I haven't seen to many stories from our sides perspective.
I am a graduate of the University of Kentucky and a contemporary of the boys who played on that team. I grew up with one of the starters and another was my fraternity brother in Sigma Chi. I don't need to watch a slanted, fictionalized version of the game to know the story. I lived it.

I will never grant that movie any credibility by watching it. The producers, directors, and actors had an agenda. They carried out their agenda. They despised Coach Rupp. And, of course, the media ate it all up while a lot of biased fools believed it.

I won't get into any of the "rest of the story" facts but, rest assured, there are many. I will say that Conley, Riley, and the others have been "reserved" in what they have said in interviews. Unless you were there at that time, you aren't getting the full story and, likely, never will.
Truth Wrote:I am a graduate of the University of Kentucky and a contemporary of the boys who played on that team. I grew up with one of the starters and another was my fraternity brother in Sigma Chi. I don't need to watch a slanted, fictionalized version of the game to know the story. I lived it.

I will never grant that movie any credibility by watching it. The producers, directors, and actors had an agenda. They carried out their agenda. They despised Coach Rupp. And, of course, the media ate it all up while a lot of biased fools believed it.

I won't get into any of the "rest of the story" facts but, rest assured, there are many. I will say that Conley, Riley, and the others have been "reserved" in what they have said in interviews. Unless you were there at that time, you aren't getting the full story and, likely, never will.

Assuming you grew up with Conley, thanks for the insight...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just saw online that Herky Rupp died today. the article talked about his dislike of the Glory Road movie as well.