Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Girls All Tournament Team
Anyone?
Congrats to my friends in Leslie, nice job Coaches. Talk about a hard way out, Kcc most talented team in the region, Breathitt biggest strongest team in the region and last but not least, the all time leading scorer in the state. That's pretty impressive. Maybe my Lady Bulldogs will be there battling with you next year.
Congrats to Leslie County. 64SUR is a proud man today.
E's Army Wrote:Congrats to Leslie County. 64SUR is a proud man today.

So am I. Got to relatives on this team. Gay Twins. Go Eagles. Who made All Region.
Congratulations to the Leslie County Lady Eagles!! They played as a team and WON as a team. Hats off to Coach Mark Collett, Coach Larry Sparks, and Coach Jessica Pennington. They did an outstanding job with the game plan of packing in a tight zone, which hindered easy layups from Creech. Leslie girls played with heart. With outstanding effort from Emily Griffith, Madisyn Combs, Shelby Sparks, Cadie & Kelsey Gay, and Kayley Collett they won easily over Jenkins, even though they had the number one player in the state. Good luck to LC in the state tournament.
Is anybody starting to see a pattern, tons of great players at Leslie through out the years ! An a team came together with no super stars! An pulled a great run!! It was less than a week before that Pcc beat them on there home floor for the district champship, an they went back to work an kept on there game plan an won it all, they could have easily given up after the Pcc loss!! Hats off !!!
HillyBilly Cat you may be right about Leslie. No big names this year, other than Combs girl, just big results. BESTSEAT only named 6, never heard of five of them. Is that all they play? I did not see the game with my Cougars, but it was only 3 or 4 that they beat us. Then Jenkins beats them and PCC. I'm not sure what the coaching staff said or done after those losses, but it must have been good. Goodluck Eagles !!!
killerb Wrote:Anyone?

My daughter played in Regional several years ago at Leslie and they didn't have an all tournament team. Of course Leslie wasn't playing in the regional that year !!