Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kimbo Slice nearly signed with WWE in early 00's
During the mid-2000s, WWE executive Tommy Dreamer attempted to get at-the-time unpolished street fighting legend Kimbo Slice signed to become a pro wrestler. This week, Dreamer spoke with the official WWE website about the process of attempting to get what became one of MMA’s most controversial figures into the “sports entertainment” profession.

http://www.mmanews.com/former-wwe-execut...-with-wwe/
Strikeout King Wrote:During the mid-2000s, WWE executive Tommy Dreamer attempted to get at-the-time unpolished street fighting legend Kimbo Slice signed to become a pro wrestler. This week, Dreamer spoke with the official WWE website about the process of attempting to get what became one of MMA’s most controversial figures into the “sports entertainment” profession.

http://www.mmanews.com/former-wwe-execut...-with-wwe/

He might have been great in the Attitude era.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I don't think Kimbo is coordinated enough to be a pro wrestler.

He would probably hurt someone.
He would have been a perfect Heel manager or 'Bodyguard' in the Attitude era.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't think Kimbo is coordinated enough to be a pro wrestler.

He would probably hurt someone.

Another Ahmed Johnson, who was a legitimate street guy who just couldn't figure out how to work. As a lesson, he had to face Ron Simmons, who was no slouch, but Ron stretched Ahmed so badly that he was never the same. I agree, I think Kimbo is too mechanical, and that would make him dangerous in the ring.
Stardust Wrote:Another Ahmed Johnson, who was a legitimate street guy who just couldn't figure out how to work. As a lesson, he had to face Ron Simmons, who was no slouch, but Ron stretched Ahmed so badly that he was never the same. I agree, I think Kimbo is too mechanical, and that would make him dangerous in the ring.

The fact that Tommy Dreamer was the one pulling for it is the only reason it was seen as an option.

Dreamer gets the promos, he gets the pyschology, but he wasn't an amazing ring technician. Dreamer wasn't bad, but he was a brawler.

If this was ECW in 2000, Kimbo may have been able to get in on that and it be believable.