Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Northern Pulaski's 7th grade state championship team go undefeated again next yea
Northern Pulaski's 7th grade was undefeated last year at 15-0! The only team to give them a game was Corbin in the playoffs! Can they do it again as 8th graders?
It'll be hard but not impossible, they play Meade county next year and that should be a good indication for both teams. Really looking forward to that match up
Where is the Meade game going to be played?
Not if they play Belfry
proud44pirate Wrote:Not if they play Belfry

I believe Corbin drops down to D2. There's your 2016 D2 State Championship. It won't be a tournament cake walk for Belfry like it has been.
The northern Pulaski vs Meade game will be at west Hardin middle school located just south of Elizabethtown
Frankly, the 7th Finals would have been much closer had CAL not been hosed in SF by refs (offensive spearing on 3yd line with under 3;00 to go, REALLY???).
We could've played 12 qtrs and BG didn't have the horses to score on us!!

Would've been tough though as several 7th graders would have played all 4 weekend games!! Our boys really wanted a shot @ North!! Were on a 35 game winning streak!!
CAL want a shot a northern Pulaski? What about Meece? Tell your coaches to bring a team to the annual Derby City 7on7 tourney, northern Pulaski, Moore, Westport and Meece will be there!!
GEAUXBABIN Wrote:Frankly, the 7th Finals would have been much closer had CAL not been hosed in SF by refs (offensive spearing on 3yd line with under 3;00 to go, REALLY???).
We could've played 12 qtrs and BG didn't have the horses to score on us!!

Would've been tough though as several 7th graders would have played all 4 weekend games!! Our boys really wanted a shot @ North!! Were on a 35 game winning streak!!

I agree completely that CAL looked to be the better team against Bowling Green, but came out on the losing end. With that said I don't think CAL could've stopped Northern. Meece will be a good matchup for CAL this season.
Do you remember the last time Belfry n Corbin played. Belfry gave Corbin a beat down in the region championship at Johnson Central. The junior class that you call so powerful got took to the wood shed. One had the ball inside Belfrys 50 one time. 28-0
proud44pirate Wrote:Do you remember the last time Belfry n Corbin played. Belfry gave Corbin a beat down in the region championship at Johnson Central. The junior class that you call so powerful got took to the wood shed. One had the ball inside Belfrys 50 one time. 28-0

Yes, I probably remember it better than you. The score was 29-0 not 28-0. Your son was a man among boys. I've never said anything about this junior class. I also remember watching the Belfry 7th grade the following season get beat by 50 at SW Pulaski. They turned around and won state as 8th graders the following year. However, I believe this was a middle school thread about next season. Good luck to you. Btw what was up with your parents/coaches starting a brawl at a basketball game?
So basically what you're saying is humanity ranks the importance of Belfry 3rd right behind Jesus and the Pope. That makes sense.
Not sure why the Pope gets ranked above Belfry.
Maybe because half of Belfrys team lives in West Virginia lol
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I agree completely that CAL looked to be the better team against Bowling Green, but came out on the losing end. With that said I don't think CAL could've stopped Northern. Meece will be a good matchup for CAL this season.

I wouldn't sleep on New Harlan this year in D3 they return 7 starters on both sides of the ball and there 2 top rushers from last year . This is a team that lost by 2 points by the state runner up in the regional finals. Cal and Meece will be very good also. d3 should be strong this year.
Footballcrazyman Wrote:I wouldn't sleep on New Harlan this year in D3 they return 7 starters on both sides of the ball and there 2 top rushers from last year . This is a team that lost by 2 points by the state runner up in the regional finals. Cal and Meece will be very good also. d3 should be strong this year.

From a first hand view, New Harlan was a very tough team. They have a stout D-line and have a tough, complicated offense that's hard to stop