Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Season Tickets
got a call a few days ago, from the Reds sales department, about re-upping my season tix this year. I said 100% NO THANKS! The person on the other end of the line asked me why I wasn't renewing. I said it's simple, this team ISN'T ALL IN in rebuilding, if it were, both Bruce and Phillips would be gone. Silence from the other end of the phone, followed by OK, thanks for your info. :flush:
Really wish they could have dumped Phillips and also found any other short stop to replace Cozart. Could be a long year.
You cant blame the Reds for not trading Phillips. They had 3 deals in which he was traded, he trumped them all with the 10/5 rule. Have to blame Phillips for that.
plantmanky Wrote:You cant blame the Reds for not trading Phillips. They had 3 deals in which he was traded, he trumped them all with the 10/5 rule. Have to blame Phillips for that.

The REDS are one big disappointment
pjdoug Wrote:The REDS are one big disappointment

Ive said it repeatedly, until the Reds get new ownership, nothing will change. Yes current ownership does a great job with promotions and off the field things, but its on the field that counts.

Isnt it interesting that the Castellini's were part of the Cardinals ownership for years, and once they left, the Cardinals became Championship contenders and have stayed that way?
E=plantmanky;1968782]You cant blame the Reds for not trading Phillips. They had 3 deals in which he was traded, he trumped them all with the 10/5 rule. Have to blame Phillips for that.[/QUOTE]

Phillips earned to right to veto any trade. He may be getting older but there are only a hand full of 2nd basemen in the game that are as good defensivly as he iswhen healthy. Like it or not he is still a red.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
plantmanky Wrote:Ive said it repeatedly, until the Reds get new ownership, nothing will change. Yes current ownership does a great job with promotions and off the field things, but its on the field that counts.

Isnt it interesting that the Castellini's were part of the Cardinals ownership for years, and once they left, the Cardinals became Championship contenders and have stayed that way?

Yeah. they definitely need new ownership. Big Red Machine!
plantmanky Wrote:Ive said it repeatedly, until the Reds get new ownership, nothing will change. Yes current ownership does a great job with promotions and off the field things, but its on the field that counts.

I used to love to listen to Reds games on WLW with Marty Brennaman and Joe Nuxhall. old left-hander, rounding third and heading for home. This one belongs to the Reds.
I think I would commit suicide if I thought I had to sit thru 81 Reds games.
insideinfo Wrote:I think I would commit suicide if I thought I had to sit thru 81 Reds games.

The Reds are creating so many "Social Hangout" areas in the ballpark, you could go to a game and not know baseball was being played.
plantmanky Wrote:The Reds are creating so many "Social Hangout" areas in the ballpark, you could go to a game and not know baseball was being played.

Yeah, if I came home drunk 81 times, I would not need to commit suicide my wife would probably just shoot me. :truestory:
The Reds of this generation are a sad story compared to times past.

They've fallen into the same trap hole the Bungles have been in for years. Clean house! new mgmt. new everything.
Not overall happy myself but I still turn on the radio every day and listen to at least some of just about every game..Been doing it too long to stop now..
i have never been, is it good
plantmanky Wrote:You cant blame the Reds for not trading Phillips. They had 3 deals in which he was traded, he trumped them all with the 10/5 rule. Have to blame Phillips for that.
OH, yes you can. If your the Reds you tell Phillips either accept the trade or we aren't going to start you anymore. The contract is already a done deal. You have to pay this ass clown regardless. He's not part of this teams future, and he's to much of a ME guy to accept sitting on the bench. after a week or two he'd be begging for a trade. Easy fix. This Reds organization has NO BALLS to stand up to it's players, period!