Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrestlemania Card
Right now, unless I'm overlooking something, the only announced match is the main event between HHH and Reigns.

That main event is usually set in stone after Rumble, and you would think a few more matches would have at least been teased by now.

They had been teasing a Lesnar/Wyatt match, but they've dropped that for the time-being and I think Lesnar may end up wrestling Ambrose at Mania. Ambrose is in need of a signature win, and that would definitely do it.

It's seems like they're sticking with Reigns. They have six weeks to get him over again, or they may be looking at having the largest crowd of wrestling spectators in history booing their champ out of the building.
Instead of "Oldest Ride, Longest Line"

We could get "Largest Crowd, Loudest Boo's"
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
This is coming from a guy that didn't buy into all Roman Reigns hate.

I always thought they were going to get it right and they eventually got him over... then they jacked around and did the same things that everyone hated, yanked the title from him and now he's going into Mania with a title shot against a guy that we know isn't going to carry the title long-term.

If they don't swerve this somehow. They may have a really memorable Mania for all the wrong reasons.
Shane McMahon vs. Taker at Mania? Are you kidding me? what a joke
Strikeout King Wrote:Shane McMahon vs. Taker at Mania? Are you kidding me? what a joke

Nope, no joke.

Everyone should be freakin' stoked for that.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:Nope, no joke.

Everyone should be freakin' stoked for that.

Why? I'm still trying to figure this out. Surely WWE isn't gonna let Shane, little old man shane beat Taker and give Taker 2 losses. It's stupid.
What would you have rather had?
The fact that it's a Hell in a Cell is supposed to play into Shane's hardcore tendencies from the attitude era.

I'm mildly excited to see Shane, because I always thought he worked well when pitted against his father - but I don't think a match between Taker and Shane will be worth watching.
They won't put Shane out there and just hope it goes well. They will have a plan so that it doesn't fall flat, IMO.
I don't care it's been 7 years since he's wrestled a match...it's Shane Freakin' McMahon!

Such a entertaining guy and he's battling The Undertaker in a Hell In A Cell...I expect a violent match.

I'm so pumped.
Confirmed
Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose - Street Fight.
Shane O-Mac vs. The Undertaker - Hell in the Cell.
Triple H vs. Roman Reigns - WWE Heavyweight Title. (This is my prediction for Stone Cold Steve Austin to be involved)

Rumored:
Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles - IC Title
Andre the Giant Battle Royal
Charlotte vs. XXXXX - Diva's Title
Stardust vs. Steve Amell
The New Day vs. XXXXX - Tag Team Titles

No way the Wyatt Family is left out.
The Rock will have an appearance.
Chris Jericho will have a Spot.
Ronda Rousey will have an appearance.

Seth Rollins, John Cena, Randy Orton, Sting.... all are out with injuries.

There are several story lines that can be used.... but I love the idea of Shane O-Mac vs. Taker. The WWE did a good job keeping that a secret.
Belfry0304 Wrote:They won't put Shane out there and just hope it goes well. They will have a plan so that it doesn't fall flat, IMO.

Someone else will get involved in the match.

Taker will be working as a heel on Vince's side - if he wins he could get booed - I don't think they want that.
zaga_fan Wrote:Someone else will get involved in the match.

Taker will be working as a heel on Vince's side - if he wins he could get booed - I don't think they want that.

Or could we see the FACE of WCW make a return and even the odds for Shane O-Mac and get even from last years WM......

Yeah, that's right. This sets up WM 33..... Sting vs. The Undertaker.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Or could we see the FACE of WCW make a return and even the odds for Shane O-Mac and get even from last years WM......

Yeah, that's right. This sets up WM 33..... Sting vs. The Undertaker.

The thought crossed my mind...
but I think Sting is DONE and a run-in with the baseball bat would be all I could see him doing.

If he's not done - a WM 33 match between those two will probably be a waste at their age.
I welcome ANYTHING fresh and genuinely surprising. Lots of people I wanted in that match with Taker, but I'm glad it's not some boring re-hash like Lesnar again. Lesnar and Ambrose is a dream match, IMO. A freak athlete with no regard for human life Vs a lunatic who refuses to die. Ambrose could be MADE at Mania with a strong performance.
Its Rumored that Rock will be in Reigns Corner and Vince will be in Triple H corner.
Strikeout King Wrote:Its Rumored that Rock will be in Reigns Corner and Vince will be in Triple H corner.

Worst idea ever. It doesn't matter who the WWE puts with Reigns or has in his corner, they will not Get Him Over.

Reigns would be a bad Heel too.... and not Bad as in the Good/Bad but bad as in Bad/Bad, like a "God bless him he's trying" bad.

Maybe if Reigns turned on The Rock.... he could get over as a Heel. But the WWE needs to quit pushing him to be a Face.
Reigns is never getting over, stop forcing it
No way Shane beats Taker
Belfry0304 Wrote:I welcome ANYTHING fresh and genuinely surprising. Lots of people I wanted in that match with Taker, but I'm glad it's not some boring re-hash like Lesnar again. Lesnar and Ambrose is a dream match, IMO. A freak athlete with no regard for human life Vs a lunatic who refuses to die. Ambrose could be MADE at Mania with a strong performance.

+1
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Worst idea ever. It doesn't matter who the WWE puts with Reigns or has in his corner, they will not Get Him Over.

Reigns would be a bad Heel too.... and not Bad as in the Good/Bad but bad as in Bad/Bad, like a "God bless him he's trying" bad.

Maybe if Reigns turned on The Rock.... he could get over as a Heel. But the WWE needs to quit pushing him to be a Face.

I think it's a great idea but then again, I think that no one should be out there when this match is going on
zaga_fan Wrote:+1

I think that if Ambrose beats Lesnar, than they should put Ambrose in the title picture.
There's always the chance that Ambrose goes over without winning a la Hart vs Austin.
zaga_fan Wrote:There's always the chance that Ambrose goes over without winning a la Hart vs Austin.

Exactly why I said with a strong performance and not going over! Bingo.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Exactly why I said with a strong performance and not going over! Bingo.

I didn't even notice you worded it like that...

Good call!
So their's talk that WWE maybe considering splitting the brand up. Monday Night Raw Brand and Smackdown Brand (Like in the 00's). So it's possible that Shane upsets the Undertaker at Mania...If that happens then Shane would get control over Raw and Triple H would get control over Smackdown

Anyone see this happening?
Strikeout King Wrote:So their's talk that WWE maybe considering splitting the brand up. Monday Night Raw Brand and Smackdown Brand (Like in the 00's). So it's possible that Shane upsets the Undertaker at Mania...If that happens then Shane would get control over Raw and Triple H would get control over Smackdown

Anyone see this happening?

Highly unlikely.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a brand split, but the brand splits of the past really haven't been all that great.

It could be a good thing with all the talent on the roster.
Heard the Undertaker may turn heel and side with Vince.

Also hearing that The two members of the Bullet Club (Gallows and Anderson) are going straight to the main roster when they arrive around Wrestlemania and that would most likely mean a Finn Balor call up.

Anyone think that if Finn makes his debut at Wrestlemania that he could interfere in the Taker/Shane match and cause Taker to lose?
Gallows and Anderson are good, but they don't need to go straight to the main roster.

They don't have the name recognition of AJ Styles and they aren't near the talent level.

Bringing them in with Balor would be doable, but if they bring up a tag team it needs to be Enzo and Cass.
- Triple H/Reigns match is now a NO DQ match.

- Also hearing that The Wyatt family could be involved in the finish of the Lesnar/Ambrose match.