Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Advise and Consent"
Pretty big mistake not to attend Scalia's funeral unless Scalia's family requested he not attend, not necessarily because of enmity but rather all the hullabaloo any time a President attends anything.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Pretty big mistake not to attend Scalia's funeral unless Scalia's family requested he not attend, not necessarily because of enmity but rather all the hullabaloo any time a President attends anything.

If Obama were skipping the funeral because of security considerations or at the request of the Scalia family, I'm sure that would have been made clear by his press secretary. And, of course, the venue of the funeral is much safer security-wise than a local golf course on a Saturday. Few places in Washington lend themselves to safety as does the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. And I feel sure that the funeral will be presided over by Donald Cardinal Werhl, Archbishop of Washington.

I was incorrect in my earlier post. I said that no president had skipped the funeral of a sitting justice in over 65 years. The truth is that it has never happened in our history. Presidents have always attended.

Just as Obama skipped the funeral of Margaret Thatcher, he is skipping the funeral of Justice Scalia. It is safe to conclude that, in both instances, his actions smell of petty politics. Thus, I would again admonish the Republicans to act with at least equal but hopefully greater intensity. As we were often told in school, what goes around comes around. It is past time to treat this petty piece of crap and his obvious partisanship with intensified partisanship. Give him not a scintilla of consideration, respect, or mercy. He deserves none. He is a dangerous and divisive parasite.
Not a good decision
Truth Wrote:If Obama were skipping the funeral because of security considerations or at the request of the Scalia family, I'm sure that would have been made clear by his press secretary. And, of course, the venue of the funeral is much safer security-wise than a local golf course on a Saturday. Few places in Washington lend themselves to safety as does the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. And I feel sure that the funeral will be presided over by Donald Cardinal Werhl, Archbishop of Washington.

I was incorrect in my earlier post. I said that no president had skipped the funeral of a sitting justice in over 65 years. The truth is that it has never happened in our history. Presidents have always attended.

Just as Obama skipped the funeral of Margaret Thatcher, he is skipping the funeral of Justice Scalia. It is safe to conclude that, in both instances, his actions smell of petty politics. Thus, I would again admonish the Republicans to act with at least equal but hopefully greater intensity. As we were often told in school, what goes around comes around. It is past time to treat this petty piece of crap and his obvious partisanship with intensified partisanship. Give him not a scintilla of consideration, respect, or mercy. He deserves none. He is a dangerous and divisive parasite.

His contempt is obvious, as is his inability to disguise it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Not a good decision

Yet typical and predictable. When you have half the nation bought off with free sh!t evidently you can thumb your nose at the other half. Obama thinks Americans are idiots, and he's basically right. What a turd.:Shaking:
President Obama and the First Lady to pay respects to Justice Scalia today, with Vice President Biden and his wife to attend funeral Saturday. Eh, maybe a bit over the top in the "dirty mongrel dog" vitriol.