Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Coaches in the 13th Region?
Who is the worst coach in the region with some of the best talent?
Brad Sizemore. Tons of talent and no results until this year with a terrible schedule.
I agree with leader Brad has had talent every year he was there, and still with cake schedules, continues to struggle.
If you see North in the layup line you think they are a college team. :1:
How bad would it be if Roscoe didn't help him?
The whole region is going to be a toss up. There's no telling who's coming out of this region
I like Harlan Co
I would LOVE to see the Bears in the state tournament, but TSizzle is correct!! This district is WIDE opened!
Maybe Sizemore should let Stone do more of the coaching.
This stupid thread should be deleted. North Laurel is 21-4 and has a great coach. No one wants to read this garbage.
They've played Red Bird, Obi, and Lynn Camp a thousand times, might as well schedule Kentucky School for the Deaf. Cake schedules leads to good record.
BasketballManiac Wrote:They've played Red Bird, Obi, and Lynn Camp a thousand times, might as well schedule Kentucky School for the Deaf. Cake schedules leads to good record.

Not defending the schedule but Red Bird and OBI are district games and were voted to be played twice by the teams in the 49th. With 5 teams in the district, OBI, Red Bird and Jackson County can control the vote if they vote together. Apparently they wanted to play twice. I know Clay didn't. I have been told North didn't either. Case closed.
That's true, North didn't either. So there are 6 stinkers forced on both those teams every year now that Jackson is back to reality. Now North's other games, especially early, weren't much, but Apollo was supposed to have Eli Wright, and Clark Co. is good almost every year, just not so much this year. Add in 2 games each with Clay and South, plus at Pulaski, Owen Co. on a neutral floor, Knox Central, at Bell and it's not as bad as some make it out. Heard the same all year about the football schedule and that turned out ok.
Tournament time is what counts. Hope it's better than last year we'll see.
What makes him a bad coach? I don't know him but thats hard to believe when they're 1 of the top 5 teams in the region every year it seems.
This post needs to be closed
This might be the dumbest thread I've seen to date on BGR. I know there's some bad ones but this might take the cake. Brad Sizemore is one of the best basketball minds in Ky. There are tons of rival coaches will tell you the same thing. Last year having the #1 preseason ranking was irrelevant did anyone notice that there was an 8th grader playing point guard and a freshman post player along with two sophomores and several role players? That should have showed some knowledge of how the rankings were thought of to begin with. On the other hand there's been literally around 50 D1 coaches come in and out of there practices/games and walked away impressed with his coaching ability and player development some to the point of offering a position within there program. Y'all keep on hating because people that have forgotten more about coaching basketball than you guys have ever know would tell you that you're an idiot.
60-64 going into this year! :igiveup:
He should take one of those jobs he would make a great assistant coach
Coach Maxey Wrote:This might be the dumbest thread I've seen to date on BGR. I know there's some bad ones but this might take the cake. Brad Sizemore is one of the best basketball minds in Ky. There are tons of rival coaches will tell you the same thing. Last year having the #1 preseason ranking was irrelevant did anyone notice that there was an 8th grader playing point guard and a freshman post player along with two sophomores and several role players? That should have showed some knowledge of how the rankings were thought of to begin with. On the other hand there's been literally around 50 D1 coaches come in and out of there practices/games and walked away impressed with his coaching ability and player development some to the point of offering a position within there program. Y'all keep on hating because people that have forgotten more about coaching basketball than you guys have ever know would tell you that you're an idiot.

If he has had nearly 50 D1 coaches come in offer him a job he must a little off. Most assistant D1 coaches make between $100-$300 K a year! Not to mention all the free travel and perks. I believe it when people say he is a good coach, I have watched him several times and he seems to know what he is doing. but to say several D1 coaches have offered him a job and he not took it is insane. IMO which it along with $1 will buy you a cheeseburger at McD's. Every coach is always looking to better their situation, EVERY COACH! And D1 asst. is the second best a coach can do outside being a D1 head coach, so I find this hard to believe. Please prove me wrong by listing the schools that offered him a job and I will apologize and eat crow!
Van Hagar Wrote:That's true, North didn't either. So there are 6 stinkers forced on both those teams every year now that Jackson is back to reality. Now North's other games, especially early, weren't much, but Apollo was supposed to have Eli Wright, and Clark Co. is good almost every year, just not so much this year. Add in 2 games each with Clay and South, plus at Pulaski, Owen Co. on a neutral floor, Knox Central, at Bell and it's not as bad as some make it out. Heard the same all year about the football schedule and that turned out ok.

Looks like a very competitive schedule to me! Especially with a young team. Coach Sizemore is a good coach and has been mentored by one of the best basketball minds to ever work in Kentucky HS basketball.