8. Williansburg
9. Harlan
10. Lynn Camp
11. Jackson County
12. Barbourville
13. Pineville
14. Bell county
15. OBI
I forgot Whitley County at #11 ahead of Jackson County.
I attended my first girls' softball game, in my life, last week. So I'm not going to pretend to know anything about the competition. I will say that HC played a strong team out of Claiborne County, and I thought the Lady Bears played well.
I hope you enjoyed the g a me, Granny. It is a great sport, especially when you have two teams that can play. The more you watch the better it gets.
Clay County played North tough, losing 4-2. This weekend should provide some great games at North's tournament. I want to see Harlan County.
I want to hear what you think about them, too. I hope to make some of the games, but it ain't looking good. Smile
Does Harlan County play at North or South? There are games at both.
I'm not sure walter, but he woman hired to take my place at work has a daughter that plays. That was the reason that I went to watch them the other day. I THINK she said they played at North, but I could be wrong.
According to there schedule, Harlan County doesn't play either North or South in the regular season.

However, this weekend they are playing in that tournament at North Laurel, the prep showcase and may meet one of them there.

South was beat 15-0 by Woodford County tonight in 4 innings in that showcase.

After what ive seen so far, im going to say Harlan County is better than South. Not saying South couldn't beat them, but as of right now im not so sure HC isn't the best team in the region. North has been struggling lately. HC may be the favorite to win region!
Harlan County defeated Rowan County 8-5 yesterday. A good win but one they should get most of the time. Not a top notch win but solid. Woodford County is a top 5 team in the state, but if South is a top 25 team they shouldn't be losing 15-0 in a run-rule shortened game. North is still the team to beat in the 13th. Clay, Harlan County, South follow in that order.
anyone have Harlan County' score for today ? There is nothing listed on KHSAA scoreboards.
Scoreboard has 2 games added for Harlan County. They lost to Somerset 9-2 and played Rowan County a second time and lost 7-4.
After another couple weeks I'd vote them like this...

1. North
2. Harlan County

3. South
4. Clay

5. MiddlesBoro
6. Knox
7. Corbin
8. Williamsburg

9. Harlab
10. Lynn camp
11. Whitley
12. Jackson

13. Barboursville
14. Bell County
15. Obi
1. North Laurel
2. Clay County
3. Harlan County
4. South Laurel
5. Middlesboro
Pretty much irrelevant after these 5
Yes, it definitely looks like a four-team race.
Middlesboro just beat Harlan County 4-1 in a tourney at Middlesboro. Clay beat HCHS 1-0 on Thursday in Manchester.

I'd put North No. 1 with the other four in the next group.
As is usually the case.
If softball were classed like it should be MBoro would do great in 2A while schools like wburg would have a legit shot at going far in 1A ball.
Of course that would mean the competition would be a lot more stout for those big schools...

1. North
2. Clay
3. South
4. Harlan County
4. MBoro
6. Knox
7. Corbin
8 Williamsburg

The rest don't even have a shot at region except for the other out of the 51st. Prolly harlan
Middlesboro over North tonight 3-1.
Looks like a five-team race after all, even though North still has to be the favorite.
Go Jackets Beat North Tonight 3-1
If MBoros pitcher is on her game they are a tough out. Inconsistent play after he though has hurt them at times.
Region tournament is almost set.

Two of the district decided to play there championship tomorrow for some reason.

So far...

South over Wburg
North over Clay
Mboro vs. Harlan County
Lynn Camp vs. Knox Central

I watched the entire 50th district tourney. What a win for Wburg over Corbin. In all honesty, they dominated with good defense. Didn't catch much of the Whitley/South game as we all knew what it would be. Wburgs pitcher is good but looked tired tonight against South. Couldn't get it out of the dirt. It hurt them playing back to back. Just another reason softball should be classed. No way Wburg should have to contend with South on a yearly basis.
Not surprised North won, but id hate to draw Clay as a winner. Knox will probably beat Lynn Camp but they struggle against a really bad Bville team to get to the championship. I expect Harlan County to beat Mboro and Mboro isn't an easy draw either.

If I was any of those teams id be hoping for a first round game with either Lynn Camp or Knox. Wburg could make it into the second round if they drew the winner of those two.