Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With so many headcoachs stepping down..................
Who are the top prospects to replace them?
For Central it is McNamee
For P-Ville I think it is Hillard Howard
I thought Howard took the job at Letcher central
Yeah...Howard is out of the question at Pikeville....first off he is head coach at Letcher and second....you just have to know what kind of break-up he and AD Keno had years ago....it wasn't good.
I think it's a good move for Letcher to have Howard to start that program off on the right foot, he should build them up to a high caliber team in the next few years!
He will build the program with the best imported materials Wink
HAHA w/e works for him lol
when keno got rid of Howard it was a big mistake IMO but yet he did get a good coach in MAC a couple years later. Letcher will b a team to b reckoned with in 3A in a couple years IMO but i think after a lil while they will move down to 2A. Pikeville will get another top notch coach in who ever they get and ive heard Dudley from Breathitt put in a application but i realy doubt he will leave but idk. Pike Central is getting a good coach in Mac if he still comes.
Dudley is from Bell Co. Holcomb is from Breathitt. But both are top notch coaches. Dudleys name is always in the mix for a new coaching position.
i don't think dudley is coming going to applt...that is what i hear anyway, from an outside source......I seriously think that if KENO is smart enough he will keep the program with someone from with in the team already......for this year anyway...
Is he smart enough to do that tho? I dont see Dudley leaving Bell EVER. Just my opinion
Mac will go to PC, I think once PHS picks a coach, everyone else will fill in to the other positions. I think right now it is a battle for the PHS job, and whoever doesn't get it will look other places like SV.
true
panthermania Wrote:i don't think dudley is coming going to applt...that is what i hear anyway, from an outside source......I seriously think that if KENO is smart enough he will keep the program with someone from with in the team already......for this year anyway...
Why is it smart to keep it inside the system? A team that hasn't been to state with keeping it in the system....why not try something new and get a coach from the outside that can mix it up and put a new spark into the Panthers?
Good point Beef
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Letcher will b a team to b reckoned with in 3A in a couple years IMO but i think after a lil while they will move down to 2A.
Do you have some sort of ESP? Can you predict the enrollment fluctuations of a school's students?

Posted Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:53 pm:

I have read some of the statements that Pikeville should leave the current staff in place for a year then hire a coach, all I can ask is WHY?
That makes absolutely no sense. Keno, Mr Stratton, and the Pikeville administration has a responsiblity to the Pikeville football program as a whole and for the long term. The Pikeville program goes back to 1917 and has had great coaches and great players, it's time for Pikeville hire another coach for the long haul...hiring a coach for a year so as not to upset the upcoming seniors is a horrendous idea and something a program with less tradition, history, and class might do, but not at Pikeville. Hire the best coach you can find! It might be just what it takes for the program to get to the next level.
BTW...the next head football coach at Pikeville WILL be from outside the system.
No but he has espn lol does that count?
15thRegionFan Wrote:No but he has espn lol does that count?
Are you his spokesman or do you share a brain?
Both, gah man calm down, I know ur a mod and can cancel my membership but he was just stating his opinion and I'm pretty sure thats what this site was made for!
15thRegionFan Wrote:Both, gah man calm down, I know ur a mod and can cancel my membership but he was just stating his opinion and I'm pretty sure thats what this site was made for!
Who said anything about me being a mod? Stating a school would drop from 3a to 2a was an off the wall comment with nothing to back it up not an opinion.
Sure the sight is for discussion but let's not make it graffitti wall for immmature gibberish.
Either way its still an opinion off the wall or not, but we're getting off topic, and as a mod you should notice this yourself and see that we get back on topic!
now back to topic.
Many coaches I have spoken too bla,e kids work ethics on reasons for stepping down. They say kids are spoiled and difficult to motivate.
Could it be they are spending time on computers that could be better spent in the weightroom????

15th region fan-check your pm's.
Could be, maybe the coach should try motivating the kids to play the game and lift weights.
SPX if u want facts i will give u some facts okay i was baseing it off of Pike Central they started out as a 3A school but after a while kids begin to transfer and they begin to leave to other schools droping enrolment and breaking u down to a 2A school. Sorry for stating an opinon you didnt have to go all Kung Fu on my opinion. This happens to alot of schools.
BAM!
haha it may not b good enough to base someone elses off of but its good enough for me
Why are soo many coaches stepping down I dont think they are all having children
i dont think that is y the one i think ur refering to resigned lol ;-)

Mac i think just wanted change
Valley who knows
ER well who knows aobut that one lol
lol what about phelps
same as ER and Valley WHO KNOWS haha