Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley/Powell
Anyone know anything about the Owsley/Powell game tonight @ the Palace??? I heard the Lady Pirates won by 23....is this true??
Yea, the Pirates won. The Lady Owls played well the first quarter and lead but once the second quarter rolled around it was like they quit. When they walked on the floor after half-time they just looked lazy and worn down. Their shots wouldn't fall in the second half either. Powell played well tonight and fought hard for their win.
Powell is very solid. Big district win for them. The Lady Owls will have to regroup.
Powell came out and played more, They wanted it more, they got it. End of story. Great Job Ladies.
Yeah, hard fought win for powell..with no dogpiling...no yelling...no banging on the lockers. Just a good well deserved win for the lady pirates..with a very "Classy" ending.
Owsley came out hard, seeming to really want the win in the first quarter. But soon things just started going downhill. I think that Powell really wanted this game, and they played tough basketball. Owsley just has to regroup now and get things back together and get theirselves ready for Estill on Thursday.
mtnballer Wrote:Yeah, hard fought win for powell..with no dogpiling...no yelling...no banging on the lockers. Just a good well deserved win for the lady pirates..with a very "Classy" ending.

I agree that Powell fought hard and most of their girls were good sports, but I did overhear a player as they went by to shake hands say something along the lines of, "Now lets not go and dogpile, okay?" I don't want to show any disrespect or anything, but its getting old talking about the same thing over and over again. The Lady Owls were excited for coming back 20 points and winning and a short amount of time I'm sure...that was a long time ago. That was the past, you have to let things go eventually. I don't mean anything mean by all of this but I just didn't see that as very good sportsmanship, & I am not trying to pin that one or two players remarks on the whole team.
I agree the dogpiling thing is kinda old..but that lady pirates had to live with that image in their head for the past month. And yeah one or two players maybe have been unsportsman like on both teams. I know for a fact that was said. But that was better than powell dogpiling on their floor...correct? but its a ball game..theres gonna be players that are unsportsman like on everyteam. but both teams as a whole acted good i think. Very hard fought game. congrats powell
Powell played tough and played with smarts..they kicked up the intensity when needed and played very tough defense. It seemed like to me that Owsley gave up after the 1st quarter. really hard faught game.
Ouch tough loss...I even figured this game would be alot closer.
Yeah. A huge loss, shocked me completely. You cant go out on the Lady Pirates and not play at all, if you do, you get beat by 20. The Lady Owls started off tough, but didnt keep it up. Powell wanted it more, and they got it, well deserved district win. We'll see what happens come district time, the Lady Owls better step up and play, I know they have it in them, and I'm ready to see them shine.
amazing what a comeback loss and a triple overtime loss will do to a team. good game, great win for the pirates.
What's the whole deal with this dogpiling thing??? I agree Inyoureye4, on every team there's a player or two that pulls down the whole "sportsmanship" of the team. It's just how high school girls are, hahaha. Great win for the Lady Pirates. The only team left for them is Estill and after a 1 point loss in triple overtime I think this will be a great game over in Stanton!! Good Luck to all Teams!!!
I was at the game at Powell County and the Owls did come back from being down, but the whole dogpile thing was way out of line.It's a distrcit game.ya they won, but do it on the bus.it's like they won the region title, it was very out of line.very bad.they showed no class. Powell shaked hands and got on the bus.but of course they wern't suprised that they won either.
That's done with. We all have already faught about it. Get over it.