Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddie Gran and Hinshaw to UK
All over twitter that Kentucky is set to hire Eddie Gran as new OC. Reports that Hinshaw is on his way too.
Both will be upgrads. Hinshaw (if it is indeed true on his part) is probably the biggest upgrad. Also hearing that Cincy QB Gunner Kiel could be making his way to Lexington as well...
Hearing that Hinshaw will be QB coach and that Gran will either coach WR or RB's.
Gran and Tuberville have both announced that Gran has accepted the OC position at Kentucky.
Jon Hale of the CJ has co firmed that both Eddie Gran and Darin Hinshaw have accepted jobs at UK. Gran will be OC plus RB coach. Chad Scott WR coach and Hinshaw QB coach.
Jen Smith of heard leader reporting yhay Gran will officially be "the head coach of the offense"
So now if we get rid of Schlarman we should be good to go on the offensive side of the ball.
Chad Scott will coach WR
Darin Hinshaw co-oc, QB coach
Eddie Gran OC (head coach of offense), RB coach
I actually like this hiring with them hiring both. Should be interesting if Stoops stays out of the way.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:So now if we get rid of Schlarman we should be good to go on the offensive side of the ball.

The WORST coach on the entire staff.
How anybody could keep this guy on after watching the offensive line the past couple of years must owe him something.

If we can get Kiel, then it may all be worth it. Im assuming he would be a grad transfer and would have to find a masters that UK offers that Cincy doesn't.

Anything to keep Barkers ass off the field.
This was an extremely safe hire for Stoops. He wanted someone who would take his suggestions and not think he is stupid, and he wanted someone he had worked with before.

I'm not excited about the Gran hire. Stoops has said he wants to "grind out" games. Because that worked so well against Lafayette, South Carolina and UofL. Stoops needs to admit he's not an offense minded coach and just let them do their work. His micromanaging of Brown and Dawson didn't help them to keep up with his pitiful defense.

I texted someone earlier today about the Gran hire. UK will lose their first game and Commonwealth will be an absolute ghost town until there is a new coach. When that is depends on Stoops. I think the best UK can realistically hope for is yet another 5-7, with 3-9 being the most likely. They'll beat New Mexico State, Austin P., and either Mizzou or South Carolina. They get blown out by Bama, UT, Georgia, Florida and Mississippi State. Vandy will shut them out, UofL will run all over them because UK has never stopped a QB in 50 years.

I'd like to see P.J. Fleck replace Stoops.
So he led a team to a TD in the Hawaii Bowl against a San Diego St team with an RPI of 27. UC got waxed 42-7!

UC had an RPI of 64 and came off their worst season ( 7-6 ) in 5 years since going 4-8 in 2010.

I'm not sure getting rid of Schlarman helps....the Big East and American Conferences, upon which Gran and Hinshaw base their experience off of, are a far cry from the SEC.

To Grans/Hinshaw credit UC was 6th in the nation in total offensive yards. And that translated into 7 wins in a mid level FBS conference.

I'm still sticking with my 4 wins prediction for 2016!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Coach Stoops

“Having worked with Eddie at Florida State, he is an outstanding coach with great experience, including a lot of years in the SEC,” Stoops said. “He is a great leader with tremendous passion for the game.”

“Darin has a great offensive mind and his experience includes time in the Southeastern Conference,” Stoops said. “I’ve been impressed with how well they’ve produced at Cincinnati and how prolific they have been in throwing the football.”

Coach Gran
“I’m very excited to be at Kentucky,” Gran said. “I had the opportunity at Florida State to work three years with Coach Stoops, and No. 1, it’s his passion for football and what he stands for – family. I really got know Chantel and the kids as my kids were able to be with them for three years. All of that matters in this profession and being around great people is important.

“I’m excited about the challenges. It’s a great conference. It’s the best conference in America and if you’re a college football coach this is the level you want to be coaching. I spent 15 years in the SEC and being in those stadiums and the defenses you will be facing, it’s what you want if you’re a competitor and if you want to play against the best.”

Coach Hinshaw
“This is a great opportunity to be back in the SEC and I’m really looking forward to it,” Hinshaw said. “I’ve always looked at Kentucky as a program that has the potential to be very, very good and we can put up the points and yards that will equal wins and help get us to bowl games. That’s why I’m taking this opportunity. I’m very excited to be back in the SEC and be a part of Kentucky and the Big Blue Nation.”

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-...-official/

[Image: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-conten...granuk.jpg]

[Image: http://kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-conten...shawuk.jpg]
Neither will make a difference. UK will still win no more than 4 games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks for posting the the quotes SK.

I don't give KSR my clicks.
Jarons Wrote:Neither will make a difference. UK will still win no more than 4 games.

Im not sure they make it to 4 games.
Hopefully Stoops will be on the same page as his OC. Dawson didn't seem to fit what Stoops wanted to do. He was a terrible hire.
E's Army Wrote:Hopefully Stoops will be on the same page as his OC. Dawson didn't seem to fit what Stoops wanted to do. He was a terrible hire.

SEC teams have figured out the "Air Raid". I think this hire is a move in the right direction for the UK football program.
Let's not forget Max Smith with a bad knee made Cincy look terrible lol
I like the hires but anyone would have been a improvement...As for Schlarman I think we need another year to see where the Oline goes, plus he is the lead recruiter on Landon Young and Drake Jackson...Landon Youngs father has said Schlarman is the reason Young is coming to UK...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK Football recruiting student assistant tweeted late last night that twitter was about to blow up today and to follow UKStoopsTroops.
Strikeout King Wrote:UK Football recruiting student assistant tweeted late last night that twitter was about to blow up today and to follow UKStoopsTroops.
Any idea what's going to be said??
The one thing i'm going to enjoy about this hire, is we will finally get too see just how good CJ Conrad is. He will be a pro someday, he's a great tightend that dimples just didn't know how to use. Gran gets his TE's in the game and uses them.
nothing as of yet...