•  Previous
  • 60(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Still no coach? Dropped the ball not following through with Duncum. At least he wanted the dang job!!!

So when does the circus open up?
They could of Hired a Quality Coach a month ago. DUNCUM
Seems like i tis the blame game and no one wants to take responsibility and get the job done right for the kids!
There is no blame game...the blame falls directly on Richard Gambrel, Tom Lefevers and John Brock Jr. They do not know what they are doing.
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:They could of Hired a Quality Coach a month ago. DUNCUM
Seems like i tis the blame game and no one wants to take responsibility and get the job done right for the kids!

Thats what I've been saying and everyone wants to get defensive or shoot it down.....3 good young coaches in close proximity Greg Duncum, Trevor Hoskins, and the defensive coordinator for somerset 2 of those have shown interest. Not to mention we had Frazier. But, Noooooo the admin and seemingly everyone else wants to go out and keep trying to get these established retired coaches who are demanding the world and keep us on the hook and turn us down. ITS TIME TO TRY SOMETHING ELSE!!!
The demands these guy has made would keep Bell Co. hostage. Too much money paid out to 2 people who want to get paid as teachers but not have classes. No way it will work!!!
What.....I thought he wanted a teaching job. He wants paid as a teacher and not do any teaching! WOW
Maybe he is requesting an ISS position, Homebound (one was posted in the district a month or so ago), Alternative School Credit Recovery (usually online based); all of which most every district out there have that also happen to certified (and, much needed) positions?

I doubt he is expecting full teachers pay to go sit in the coaches office/field house all day.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Maybe he is requesting an ISS position, Homebound (one was posted in the district a month or so ago), Alternative School Credit Recovery (usually online based); all of which most every district out there have that also happen to certified (and, much needed) positions?

I doubt he is expecting full teachers pay to go sit in the coaches office/field house all day.

What he is requesting is these type of jobs for retired people. And then we are going to lay off teachers who have families and really need a job. To me that is the problem.
A lot of assumptions being made. The principal should be the only one who knows what has actually been said and if he is letting it out that's his fault.
Iam4thecats Wrote:A lot of assumptions being made. The principal should be the only one who knows what has actually been said and if he is letting it out that's his fault.

That is the bad thing. This is not assumptions. Pretty well known. For you to make assumptions that we are making assumptions just clearly makes a azz out of you.
Finis Wrote:That is the bad thing. This is not assumptions. Pretty well known. For you to make assumptions that we are making assumptions just clearly makes a azz out of you.

Well you seem to be kind of a jerk and I live 4 hours away so......
I'm going to doubt Amos McCreary has stood up in some public place and said I want XYZ for me and XYZ for Saylor so........
So being 4 hours away you think you know something about this mess? Not hard to figure out what is happening when 11 people attend the interview/meeting. Plus Board members are talking about how crazy his demands are.
He doesn't have to when you have 11 people meeting with him and a committee that tells all.
Finis Wrote:That is the bad thing. This is not assumptions. Pretty well known. For you to make assumptions that we are making assumptions just clearly makes a azz out of you.

Good point. All that "well-known" information is always correct.
Have you found out any different with T. Saylor?
Maybe this guy is perfectly happy in retirement. He was asked to coach and just through some things out there to see if Bell County would bite to make it worth his while to leave his retirement. If they gave him what he wanted, he takes the job. If not, he's still happy in retirement. That doesn't make him a horrible guy who doesn't care about kids--it just makes him a guy who was (apparently) sought out by this administration. He just told them what it would take. I'm completely an outsider and don't know any of these people, but that's what it looks like to me.
If so, then another complete Blunder by this administration and committee!!
WhyLie Wrote:Have you found out any different with T. Saylor?

No. I was told he was not coaching.
WhyLie Wrote:He doesn't have to when you have 11 people meeting with him and a committee that tells all.

In a public restaurant as well.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:What he is requesting is these type of jobs for retired people. And then we are going to lay off teachers who have families and really need a job. To me that is the problem.

And because of those financial struggles, those wishes probably won't happen...but, I have zero issues with him requesting things like that. He is looking out for #1 just like we all do.

On a side note, if Betty Jo English teacher wants to do ISS...nothing us said. Let it be a football coach and all hell breaks loose.
Is it possible that Bell is no further along in getting a new coach then the day they fired Mills?

Sure seems that way. No names are coming out.
Im still thinking they go out of state like I said at the beginning of this fiasco and especially now that they've went threw all the coaches who may have wanted it around here.
If this guy has been in Georgia then yes boys head coaches a lot of them down there don't teach but work on football all day and their coordinators might teach 2 or 3 weight lifting classes. It is football country and our problem in this state is it is a hoops state and you only need 1 guy to coach hoops.
Joker's Wild Wrote:Maybe this guy is perfectly happy in retirement. He was asked to coach and just through some things out there to see if Bell County would bite to make it worth his while to leave his retirement. If they gave him what he wanted, he takes the job. If not, he's still happy in retirement. That doesn't make him a horrible guy who doesn't care about kids--it just makes him a guy who was (apparently) sought out by this administration. He just told them what it would take. I'm completely an outsider and don't know any of these people, but that's what it looks like to me.

You don't "leave" your retirement. You draw it plus what you are making in another state or when you return to work. Hence the term "double dip." He is looking to draw retirement PLUS take a full salary here from a person needing a job. Just a money grab. It will not happen!! I have personally spoken to 2 board memembers. Each on opposite sides of the fence. Both are very quick to say they don't hire and fire. But they do get to decide about these jobs this bunch is wanting to create. They will not happen.
In or out?
Call Fraizer apologize offer him AD and Head coach let him hire Fred Hoskins... Beg him to take the job!!!! Best case for Bell County....
Trashtalker Wrote:Call Fraizer apologize offer him AD and Head coach let him hire Fred Hoskins... Beg him to take the job!!!! Best case for Bell County....

we've already burned that bridge i'd say.
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:They could of Hired a Quality Coach a month ago. DUNCUM
What you call quality and what I call quality are two different things :biglmao:

Confusednicker:
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:In a public restaurant as well.

blizzard brain freeze?
Trashtalker Wrote:Call Fraizer apologize offer him AD and Head coach let him hire Fred Hoskins... Beg him to take the job!!!! Best case for Bell County....

leave Frazier alone :ChairHit:
  •  Previous
  • 60(current)
  • Next