•  Previous
  • 59(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
WhyLie Wrote:That is what I said, I have heard the story of how Dudley got here many times.

Roger Cook is , was, and will be for a while the superintendent at Taylor. So when you refer to "at that time" it makes me question. If you are related to Roger that also makes me question because he isn't exactly an above the line guy.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Roger Cook is , was, and will be for a while the superintendent at Taylor. So when you refer to "at that time" it makes me question. If you are related to Roger that also makes me question because he isn't exactly an above the line guy.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they were talking about the Super at Bell at the time. They were discussing the time when dudley left breathitt for Bell...Taylor Co i don't think had been brought up at that point.
Yea if you look at the sequence of the posts he was obviously talking about Bell County.
Nobody has seriously tried. Trust me. With that said I do agree, he would not come back. No way he would get involved with this bunch. He is way too smart for that.

And on that note I don't think Wayne would have came here if he had knew then that Gambrel and Slusher would be in control.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Roger Cook is , was, and will be for a while the superintendent at Taylor. So when you refer to "at that time" it makes me question. If you are related to Roger that also makes me question because he isn't exactly an above the line guy.

Taylor County? I am talking about Bell County. We all know why Dudley is at Taylor........Money.
Good thing i spelled it out so we could double check, huh.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Enough of for the kids crap, any coach worth a damn will demand things before he comes somewhere!!!! So you don't want to make as much money at your job as you can? Of course you do so WHY SHOULDNT A COACH????? Why shouldn't a coach want the easiest job he can get? Wouldn't you??? No no no you wouldn't would you, you want to work for as little money as the boss will pay you and you want the hardest job. Some of you need to get over "he is not coaching for the kids" stuff. Coaches have to endure CRAZY PARENTS who think JR is the best player in the southeast United States, when in reality JR aint the best player on an average team!!!! Looks like you got a coach now so jump on board or stand on the fence and tell everybody how much better a coach you are than he is cause you won the 5th grade championship back in 98!

Well we don't agree on much but we sure agree on this.
64black&gold Wrote:Well we don't agree on much but we sure agree on this.

He should work to agree on a decent amount but the amount he's asking for is near 20,000 above teaching salary.
May be the one time we need to say No Thank You.
The selectin committee has backed there self in a corner, and now they will have to over pay to get any coach with any experience. I'd say they will even have to over pay for a coach with no experience. One more question for the people that was complaining about the wing T. How many pass did Dudly and coach Mills throw a game? I know I'm getting old and can't remember much, but for the life of me I would swear they didn't throw much.
It would really depend on what team and personnel. Some years , 5 times a game, then some years 15. Not very much, but for that offense with Dudley , the game was shorten with all the running. So 15 times is a lot.
Look the guy is going to try and get as much as he can. He might have just thrown a number out there and see what they say. He can always turn the job down.
I hope this all works out. I don't blame anybody in asking for the moon, especially in this profession.

Administrations ask you, your family to make commitments to them....that's a two way street. It's time they (administration everywhere) start reciprocating that.

He may not have to have all of that, but nothing wrong with having a wish list. I personally think it's a good thing when coaches do this, because when everybody is invested, it means a little more to both parties.
Bell County is going nowhere quick! At this point they better hire someone!
insideinfo Wrote:The selectin committee has backed there self in a corner, and now they will have to over pay to get any coach with any experience. I'd say they will even have to over pay for a coach with no experience. One more question for the people that was complaining about the wing T. How many pass did Dudly and coach Mills throw a game? I know I'm getting old and can't remember much, but for the life of me I would swear they didn't throw much.

....and, you can throw the hell out of it in the Wing T.

Bootleg/Waggle off Buck/Jet or Rocket has always been one of the best PAP in football, and it always will be.

3 step and 5 step, especially out of the double wing looks are very efficient. The "bunch" concepts out of those same sets off all things 'Jet' motion are even more deadly (to the D, especially those guys on the edge it becomes: "Oh chite, is it Jet or is it Trips concepts coming at us in the passing game, and I have .2 seconds to decide.")

Screen game? Check.

Five wide? (Remove the FB, who usually happens to be one of-if not the best athlete in this scheme-out wide) Check.

RPO (Run-Pass Options)? Check.

Talk about adjusting to your personnel from year to year, while staying within the "system"--the Wing T is it (obviously has its flaws as all schemes do).

Most who criticize it either A) Don't know it (No shame), Don't want to know it (Fine, but don't denounce it) and/or B) Afraid of losing "cool" points if they admit they like it (especially in this day of 'If you aren't scheming out of the spread, then you suck at life' type mentality from the masses).
They then it more the last 2 years than many years past. McCreary out who is next?
Finis Wrote:They then it more the last 2 years than many years past. McCreary out who is next?

Is he really??
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:....and, you can throw the hell out of it in the Wing T.

Bootleg/Waggle off Buck/Jet or Rocket has always been one of the best PAP in football, and it always will be.

3 step and 5 step, especially out of the double wing looks are very efficient. The "bunch" concepts out of those same sets off all things 'Jet' motion are even more deadly (to the D, especially those guys on the edge it becomes: "Oh chite, is it Jet or is it Trips concepts coming at us in the passing game, and I have .2 seconds to decide.")

Screen game? Check.

Five wide? (Remove the FB, who usually happens to be one of-if not the best athlete in this scheme-out wide) Check.

Talk about adjusting to your personnel from year to year, while staying within the "system"--the Wing T is it (obviously has its flaws as all schemes do).

Most who criticize it either A) Don't know it (No shame), Don't want to know it (Fine, but don't denounce it) and/or B) Afraid of losing "cool" points if they admit they like it (especially in this day of 'If you aren't scheming out of the spread, then you suck at life' type mentality from the masses).

And good gosh ole mighty Joe Friday, when you're playing defensive end and your coach is trying to get you to stretch that ole jet sweep play and just when you finally get ready to get that play good and stretched out, BAM!, you get hit with 182 Down by the fullback off the Jet Motion Ol Lord in Heaven. Then your coach is all over you to get you to squeeze down on that puller on the down play then good lord that wing back blocks you down and they hit that buck sweep outside, then when your old buddy at that S/S spot is coming up to stop that buck sweep fast he gets hit with that ole nasty waggle solid down the the field for a touchdown. Score one more for that old crusty wing t because whatever ole clueless coach tells you do, you get burnt by something else. :truestory:

But anyways, hope Bell County gets them a good ole gooden! to pull this back on topic.
Finis Wrote:. McCreary out who is next?

:pondering:

If this is true who will be next???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:....and, you can throw the hell out of it in the Wing T.

Screen game? Check.

of course all this can be done with Wing T, but who does it ? lol. I cant remember seeing 5 wide Confusednicker:
Finis Wrote:They then it more the last 2 years than many years past. McCreary out who is next?

Who said?:pondering:
Hey Ducky....how's about a coaching position in southeastern Kentucky????
I went by the High School early this morning. Looked like they were setting up something in the parking lot. Giant pole with guide wires coming off it. Anyone have a clue what that is??

Way to much POLITICS for anyone to touch this job. Hey, what about let us take a look at the applications, anyone thought of that yet? Maybe look at someone that has interest in the position. :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
Just found out. They are moving the circus out of the front office out to under the big top!!!!

What a joke! From the looks of WYMT last night our problems maybe on the hardwood. Maybe the basketball parents that took part in the last coaches interview needs to worry about the sport their kids actually play??
Question for the Bell fans on here....Has anyone of you attended a school board meeting and made a formal complaint about what's going on...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A large group went to the Superintendents office and were basically lied too. Yes many board members have been contacted and they all blame the Supt and Principal. I think they will have a large group at the next Board meeting.
pjdoug Wrote:of course all this can be done with Wing T, but who does it ? lol. I cant remember seeing 5 wide Confusednicker:

When called for? People do it. It's not what they live out of, but they do it, especially teams that make Jet/Rocket as their bread & butter instead of Buck Sweep (not that they don't go 5 wide from this).
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:When called for? People do it. It's not what they live out of, but they do it, especially teams that make Jet/Rocket as their bread & butter instead of Buck Sweep (not that they don't go 5 wide from this).
Whitley County used to run the Wing T ,and I cant remember a pass attempt.maybe there was one, but I cant remember it Confusednicker:
Finis Wrote:Just found out. They are moving the circus out of the front office out to under the big top!!!!

What a joke! From the looks of WYMT last night our problems maybe on the hardwood. Maybe the basketball parents that took part in the last coaches interview needs to worry about the sport their kids actually play??

Not following, what is going on?
  •  Previous
  • 59(current)
  • Next