•  Previous
  • 57(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Redwolf Wrote:Scott County won a 6A state title running it. You think their opponents are glad they run it?

Meade County, Central Hardin, DeSales, etc.

Shhhhhh....wolf...its not "sexy". Dont you know your defending/advocating of offenses like that makes you lose street cred these days? Confusednicker::biglmao:
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Meade County, Central Hardin, DeSales, etc.

Shhhhhh....wolf...its not "sexy". Dont you know your defending/advocating of offenses like that makes you lose street cred these days? Confusednicker::biglmao:

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, but, I'm not sure anybody from Bell should criticize a scheme as not being "sexy" enough. Mayfield, Caldwell, Lex Cath. Yeah, probably from that fan base. But, I expected better than that from Bell.
Redwolf Wrote:Scott County won a 6A state title running it. You think their opponents are glad they run it?

Blanket statement. Scott County's line was just a bit better than what we have returning. Not knowing what is returning may put you at a slight disadvantage, don't you think? I can promise you one thing it is not a wing-t line. So do just a bit more research before you make such blanket observations. There is just a little more that goes into just picking an offense.
WhyLie Wrote:Blanket statement. Scott County's line was just a bit better than what we have returning. Not knowing what is returning may put you at a slight disadvantage, don't you think? I can promise you one thing it is not a wing-t line. So do just a bit more research before you make such blanket observations.

I thought we were critiquing systems, not personnel. There are many variations of the wing T, just like any other offense. And I know what they have returning. Are you all going to tell Coach McCreary, "Hey, uh, you might not want to run your system because our linemen aren't quite made for that system. We aren't really interested in your establishing anything here."?
McCreary could run the wing T, the veer, the spread, the system. I have no clue. Just making a point.
Personnel is key to any system, and any system will work.
Redwolf Wrote:I thought we were critiquing systems, not personnel. There are many variations of the wing T, just like any other offense. And I know what they have returning. Are you all going to tell Coach McCreary, "Hey, uh, you might not want to run your system because our linemen aren't quite made for that system. We aren't really interested in your establishing anything here."?
McCreary could run the wing T, the veer, the spread, the system. I have no clue. Just making a point.

It was said that Saylor would run his w-tee, I personally do not think it is a system that will be successful. Take my opinion or leave it I don't care. That is why I said, we will see.
Who exactly would you guys have hired if the decision was yours?

IF BCHS had the head basketball coaching position open and a very successful but 60+ year old coach applied for the job (maybe Rodney Woods, Alan Fieldhouse, Mike Szabo or Billy Hicks) applied for the position would the Bell County faithful still have the same concerns? Too old. Not going to be here but 2 or 3 years? Just cashing in on double income? Not going to but the time in?

I can tell you that without a doubt Bell County will hit not only a home run but a grand slam with this hire. I don't care if he is 60 years old and prefers to run the ball. Bell County will win with this hire.
Bell County loses no matter who the hire is. We have already lose with this hire. that is what most of you outside people do not understand. 16 or 60 doesn't matter. We have lose with this process. The question is how long will it take to recover.
Curious to know what type of kids you think you need to be able to run the Wing T? After all, one of the many beauties of it (and, other schemes) is its adaptability to many different types of personnel.....

What is Saylor's Wing T? Is he more of a traditional, under center? Maybe under center Delaware with their totally unique system across the board? If so, is he a Buck (20's), Power (30's) , Belly (80's), possibly IV/Midline/OV (40's) Jet (60's) and /or Rocket (70's) based? Many people/programs really hone in on 2-3 of those series each year? Is he double tight? One tight or no TE? Formation wise, does he stick to your traditional Rt/Lt (TE/Wing-HB to the other) or Red/Blue (Double wing, w TE to one side? Or is he multiple formations?

Passing game wise, is he mostly play action pass like Waggle/Bootleg, Keep Pass (off 80 series Belly action) or Bunch routes off Jet/60's series? Some guys 3 step and 5 step drop, some don't...which one is he? Screen game? HB screen off Buck, TE Screen off Jet/Belly/Rocket action or no screen game at all? Maybe Jail/Quick Screens off Buck action in the gun; which is a new form of RPO that the Wing T world has adjusted to in it's constant evolution?

In their splits up front, do they go 2, 2, 3 as their base w/ those varying to if the OL inside of them is uncovered, Guards and Tackles go to 3 Ft and TE's go 4 ft? Or does he believe in going closer to foot to foot w/ 1 foot splits (or less) across the front (except for the TE, who normally stays at 2')?
People from Bell can dispute this all they want, but they will NEVER be happy until one person comes back to help them rise from this pitiful and greatly exaggerated demise. We all know. It's OK not to admit it, but Coach Mills nor anyone else has been or will ever be good enough.
Duck, more articulately put than what I said but is basically what I implied earlier when I said that there are many variations of the wing T.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Curious to know what type of kids you think you need to be able to run the Wing T? After all, one of the many beauties of it (and, other schemes) is its adaptability to many different types of personnel.....

What is Saylor's Wing T? Is he more of a traditional, under center? Maybe under center Delaware with their totally unique system across the board? If so, is he a Buck (20's), Power (30's) , Belly (80's), possibly IV/Midline/OV (40's) Jet (60's) and /or Rocket (70's) based? Many people/programs really hone in on 2-3 of those series each year? Is he double tight? One tight or no TE? Formation wise, does he stick to your traditional Rt/Lt (TE/Wing-HB to the other) or Red/Blue (Double wing, w TE to one side? Or is he multiple formations?

Passing game wise, is he mostly play action pass like Waggle/Bootleg, Keep Pass (off 80 series Belly action) or Bunch routes off Jet/60's series? Some guys 3 step and 5 step drop, some don't...which one is he? Screen game? HB screen off Buck, TE Screen off Jet/Belly/Rocket action or no screen game at all? Maybe Jail/Quick Screens off Buck action in the gun; which is a new form of RPO that the Wing T world has adjusted to in it's constant evolution?

Thanks coach, my point proven. A coach that has not picked up his playbook since 1995 and running an offense that you describe as Constant Evolution.
Every offense is a constant evolution, because football is constantly evolving.
Again thanks, has not coached since 1995 or so and as you describe football is a constant evolution.
WhyLie Wrote:Thanks coach, my point proven. A coach that has not picked up his playbook since 1995 and running an offense that you describe as Constant Evolution.

I would think he would put Humfleet at Fullback wouldn't he? (For those not familiar w/ the Wing T...if you have a 'DUDE', that's where they usually go...similar to those in the Flexbone Triple).

I'm all for balance (all be it my definition of balance is a little different than most), but if you have American Pharoah in your stable.....ride the hell out him.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Meade County, Central Hardin, DeSales, etc.

WhyLie Wrote:Again thanks, has not coached since 1995 or so.

So, Bell has just been on the cutting edge of offense? I mean, I watched Dudley at Taylor, and it's the same thing he's always done. I'm not defending anybody, but, stating that someone hasn't coached in a certain amount of time isn't really something that's going to turn me off of a high school coach. Especially since apparently no one wants the Bell job. You take what you can get, at some point in time.
Granted, Uzelac hasn't been out of coaching as long as some of the proclaimed assistants that might be joining the unoffial new HC, but here is a little belief for those out there worrying that he and/or the new staff won't be able to "relate" to their players, let alone having success.

I have heard (twice now) that one of the more prominent alumni has approached Mills again. Do you know if this is true?
All this thread is just a bunch of rambling. Do they even know who they want? Do they even know football? Bell County was a job a few years ago everybody envyed and feared to play. The right coach will make things better. I thought Mills did an excellent job in the declining community thanks to the War on Coal.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, but, I'm not sure anybody from Bell should criticize a scheme as not being "sexy" enough. Mayfield, Caldwell, Lex Cath. Yeah, probably from that fan base. But, I expected better than that from Bell.

But that was part of the argument to get rid of the old staff. "Move in a different direction." That would not be a new direction.

Demands he had made of the BOE

1. Teaching job for him plus AD
2. Teaching job plus bus route for brother
3. Tim Saylor a job
We will see what the Principal is made of, he said absolutely no to Woolum on the AD position. I quote, "I have an AD, the job is not open."
There may be a lot of administration with tales tucked the next few years. Time is now very much a factor , you miss two and a half months it will hurt. I don't care who doesn't have a coach. Better hope this guy takes it.
Can't believe all the things I was told tonight that this prospective coach is demanding. Who are we hiring? Who does he think he is? What makes him think he can just throw around all these demands? I guess I can see now he is not looking to come here for our boys. Doesn't sound like he's in it for them but selfish reasons. Maybe we move on to the next round. I've lost count.
Running Back Wrote:Can't believe all the things I was told tonight that this prospective coach is demanding. Who are we hiring? Who does he think he is? What makes him think he can just throw around all these demands? I guess I can see now he is not looking to come here for our boys. Doesn't sound like he's in it for them but selfish reasons. Maybe we move on to the next round. I've lost count.

This guy is here to get as much money as he can for a few years. I still have trouble understanding why we could not look at the applications and interview someone that actually applied and wanted the job. Every coach we have been waiting on has been called and ask and sometimes begged to take this job. What does it take Gambrel, how many have to say no.
And the saga continues. .
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
WhyLie Wrote:This guy is here to get as much money as he can for a few years. I still have trouble understanding why we could not look at the applications and interview someone that actually applied and wanted the job. Every coach we have been waiting on has been called and ask and sometimes begged to take this job. What does it take Gambrel, how many have to say no.

How are people not realizing this?? This is not a good hire. This man is here to rack up as much as possible. It's all purely out of selfishness. If he was here for the kids and was here to lead us in the right direction he would have submitted an application or at least called about the job. This man is retired I really believe he could come here and lose and not care at all just put money in his pocket. Bell county and these kids mean nothing and his career is already behind him. Out of all the idiotic things this admin has tried to pull this might be the most foolish.
I'll try this again - Tim Saylor isn't coaching.
redrocket Wrote:How are people not realizing this?? This is not a good hire. This man is here to rack up as much as possible. It's all purely out of selfishness. If he was here for the kids and was here to lead us in the right direction he would have submitted an application or at least called about the job. This man is retired I really believe he could come here and lose and not care at all just put money in his pocket. Bell county and these kids mean nothing and his career is already behind him. Out of all the idiotic things this admin has tried to pull this might be the most foolish.

Have you ever met the guy?

Veteran coaches with a lot of success don't submit applications. They don't ask for a job. You go get them.
HCS Wrote:Have you ever met the guy?

Veteran coaches with a lot of success don't submit applications. They don't ask for a job. You go get them.

HCS if I hired a High School coach, they would show interest first. Even if it were a call. Your line of thought has gotten us where we are today. Period.

Why is McCreary asking for Saylor a job, and said he would bring him?
I'm wondering about that too. McCreary asked Saylor. Saylor said no.
  •  Previous
  • 57(current)
  • Next