•  Previous
  • 53(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
redrocket Wrote:I don't think we will win district i think we have a more realistic shot in doing that than the 0% chance we have at region and state. Our younger classes are not very good right now we don't have much talent coming up. The talent we do have in middle school are former coaches sons. Youth league is a mess anyway hard to tell. Dudley was a great coach for us and Mills was good but make no mistake that those guys had talent. i just don't think we have anywhere near that same talent level right now.

of course they had talent. Dudley brought it with him Confusednicker:
redrocket Wrote:Thats fine i don't care how old pete carol is or how old potential head coach is. I said MY OPINION is we need to get a young coach to build with. Thats what every team does on every level. Go back and look at all the hires this year in college football I didn't see a lot of 65 year olds getting jobs. Im in no way saying an older coach isn't capable but for our situation to build this program for the future we need a young coach to build with not a coach who is older again JMO

If you get an inferior young coach now, you'll be looking for a new young coach in three years, before the guy you're talking about actually turns 65 (unless my info on his age is incorrect).
So get a good young one. If you go with this guy , 100% looking again .
Call Pete Carroll maybe he will take it!
I really think at this point it doesn't matter young or old. Better hire someone soon spring ball will be here real soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Wrong message being sent to the kids.
HCS Wrote:If you get an inferior young coach now, you'll be looking for a new young coach in three years, before the guy you're talking about actually turns 65 (unless my info on his age is incorrect).

Inferior??? In no way does age and even experience make you a better coach. If that was the case There wouldn't be a coach in the country at any level under the age of 50. You gotta be kidding me there are plenty of young coaches with a lot less experience better than coaches that have coached a long time. Theres not enough room on this thread to name all the mediocre "old" coaches.
Like everyone is saying we've missed the boat on getting a good hire now anyway might as well hire his guy with all of his ancient wisdom we can go ahead and get warmed up for another 50+ page thread in 2-3 years. sign him up!
redrocket Wrote:Inferior??? In no way does age and even experience make you a better coach. If that was the case There wouldn't be a coach in the country at any level under the age of 50. You gotta be kidding me there are plenty of young coaches with a lot less experience better than coaches that have coached a long time. Theres not enough room on this thread to name all the mediocre "old" coaches.

If you had a good young coach in the area who was interested he would have been hired by now. If you had one in mind, you probably should have brought him down for an interview. It sounds like they got lucky that a veteran coach with a winning history was interested.
HCS Wrote:If you had a good young coach in the area who was interested he would have been hired by now. If you had one in mind, you probably should have brought him down for an interview. It sounds like they got lucky that a veteran coach with a winning history was interested.

I'll have to agree with that. I don't know who all applied there are only a few good young coaches and none seemed to be interested. However as I said we passed up on one of them and passed on another experienced coach both whom I believe would have been better fits. But I still haven't heard that this guy is for sure the coach.
If the guy is a proven winner and can relate to kids, you better hire him. I don't care if he is 25 or 75. Knox Central Girla basketball had the same thing a couple years ago had a chance to hire Roy Bowling who had won a State Championship, and was in his 60s. Or they could go young with a up and comer. They chose to go young. Well nothing changed they still not very good and will probably be looking fo a coach in the next couple years. At least if they hired the old guy he would have put the program in the right direction.
HCS Wrote:If you had a good young coach in the area who was interested he would have been hired by now. If you had one in mind, you probably should have brought him down for an interview. It sounds like they got lucky that a veteran coach with a winning history was interested.

This is not True, I posted 3 weeks ago the Def. Coordinator For Somerset High School Football had called and inquired about the Job. Got run around and bottom line they were not interested. He is an excellent young coach with a bright future.:dontthink
Cellking Wrote:This is not True, I posted 3 weeks ago the Def. Coordinator For Somerset High School Football had called and inquired about the Job. Got run around and bottom line they were not interested. He is an excellent young coach with a bright future.:dontthink

Who is he?
At this point better take who you can get
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Cellking Wrote:This is not True, I posted 3 weeks ago the Def. Coordinator For Somerset High School Football had called and inquired about the Job. Got run around and bottom line they were not interested. He is an excellent young coach with a bright future.:dontthink

Another very good young coach 10 miles down the road. Trevor Hoskins. Would be a great choice.
Still think 64sur should have gotten to job...Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:Still think 64sur should have gotten to job...Confusednicker:

You are wishing for the demise of Bell County. not going to happen :dontthink
The Eagle has landed Wrote:A few of those schools where in 6A or 4A at the time playing X and Trinity so they really have no chance and some of those on there where soph and Jr and Sr. I know a lot of guys aren't D1 when they are soph so sorry if you have 4 D1 ballers on a 2A school in this state you should walk the dog on the state. I see you love chucky but we will see what he does now. And Trinity should win it every year.

Well chuck smith won 5 in a row so at least a couple of those championships were when those players were sophomores and freshman which you say weren't "d-1" players at that time. Also at least one of those was when that weren't there. Another example is e-town in 2004 they had three seniors who started in the sec on one 2a team. One of those guys got drafted by the patriots and started a super bowl. They lost in the regional championship. That doesn't include a couple juniors who I'm pretty sure went on to play at western. Talent doesn't always equal success.
pjdoug Wrote:You are wishing for the demise of Bell County. not going to happen :dontthink

I know of a Preacher coach want the job at bell county :truestory:
I really can not believe what I am hearing that is coming next week. The three amigos will be hiring. Talk about the little boy with his finger in the leak at the damn, this is what we are doing. The guys I am hearing are all not going to coach more than 3-4 years. This bunch has wasted our time and our program. Maybe if they start preparing now they can fill the job again in that amount of time. McCreary, brother, Saylor. Time does not sad still.
WhyLie Wrote:I really can not believe what I am hearing that is coming next week. The three amigos will be hiring. Talk about the little boy with his finger in the leak at the damn, this is what we are doing. The guys I am hearing are all not going to coach more than 3-4 years. This bunch has wasted our time and our program. Maybe if they start preparing now they can fill the job again in that amount of time. McCreary, brother, Saylor. Time does not sad still.

So who are the names you are hearing?
pjdoug Wrote:Who is he?

Coach Jared Swearinge, Def. Cord. at Somerset High School. On Staff when Somerset Won 5 Straight Regional Championships and Played in the finals once. Great Guy and a Real Good Coach.:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
WhyLie Wrote:I really can not believe what I am hearing that is coming next week. The three amigos will be hiring. Talk about the little boy with his finger in the leak at the damn, this is what we are doing. The guys I am hearing are all not going to coach more than 3-4 years. This bunch has wasted our time and our program. Maybe if they start preparing now they can fill the job again in that amount of time. McCreary, brother, Saylor. Time does not sad still.

Also heard it could be 3-4 weeks before he can be here to work with the kids. Another setback. Wow what a mess
Not even close to what we needed. The only hope we have is they get Hoskins back to run defense and hire Trevor Hoskins to run offense. The only hope.
Done deal?
I hear yes, done deal. The question now can you get the two I mentioned. If not doesn't matter.
Never get either Hoskins
WhyLie Wrote:I hear yes, done deal. The question now can you get the two I mentioned. If not doesn't matter.

I hear it will be a Harlan Co connection With the assistant coaches.
WhyLie Wrote:I hear yes, done deal. The question now can you get the two I mentioned. If not doesn't matter.

So to put this in perspective we have to be able to
A) get an old assistant (who is rumored to not be able to help and some said should have been a candidate for head coach)
B) get the coach that some agreed would be a good candidate for head coach

By the way neither of which I don't think has any ties to this new coach.

Really crazy we have had several good guys we could have hired that we just didn't think we're good enough and even more who IMO would have been good that we didn't even try to contact that I know of.

Now we're down to relying on bringing 2 guys in as coordinators who would be better fits for the job than the head coach.
redrocket Wrote:So to put this in perspective we have to be able to
A) get an old assistant (who is rumored to not be able to help and some said should have been a candidate for head coach)
B) get the coach that some agreed would be a good candidate for head coach

By the way neither of which I don't think has any ties to this new coach.

Really crazy we have had several good guys we could have hired that we just didn't think we're good enough and even more who IMO would have been good that we didn't even try to contact that I know of.

Now we're down to relying on bringing 2 guys in as coordinators who would be better fits for the job than the head coach.

?
  •  Previous
  • 53(current)
  • Next