•  Previous
  • 50(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Ok Jerry Reed!!! haha

Sorry brain slip. Time for afternoon coffee.
TE=Granny Bear;1967976]Amos Moses was a Cajun.
He lived by himself in a swamp.
He hunted alligators for a living...........

Confusednicker:[/QUOTE]

Just knockem in the head with a stump...
Gitem Amos. ..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
We do this and in 3-4 years and we are right back. I agree hire a young guy that has been working his tail off. Of course one would have to know something about football to know if they were hiring a guy like that. They can only look at what they have done in the past. By the way guys, coaching goes the other way as well. Some of the most successful can go to other schools and not do near as well. Just ask Dudley. Back to the bottom for them this year. So do some work before just throw any names out there.
WhyLie Wrote:We do this and in 3-4 years and we are right back. I agree hire a young guy that has been working his tail off. Of course one would have to know something about football to know if they were hiring a guy like that. They can only look at what they have done in the past. By the way guys, coaching goes the other way as well. Some of the most successful can go to other schools and not do near as well. Just ask Dudley. Back to the bottom for them this year. So do some work before just throw any names out there.

I agree and in no way am I saying the guys I listed will be great. I'm saying those are two guys I have heard good things about. I also agree that just because you have been great in the past doesn't mean you will be great here now. The most important thing you said was in order to notice all this you have to know some football and is seems that isn't the case.
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:3. Amos Mccreary

4. Haddix
Granny Bear Wrote:Amos Moses was a Cajun.
He lived by himself in a swamp.
He hunted alligators for a living...........

Confusednicker:

is this a true story? Smile
Ok it official " I am O-U-T....out. Staying at Corbin. Confusederiously: My recommendation would be Coach Greg Duncum Confusederiously:
1. Fred Hoskins
2. Jason Chappell
3. Dan Turner
4. Brian Crawford
5. Trey Harbin
6. Tuck Woolum
7. Dave Mitchell
8. Tommy Greer
9. Corey Russell
10. Scott Chaney
11. Jordan Amis
pjdoug Wrote:is this a true story? Smile

That's a song that was recorded by Jerry Reed, years and years ago. I think that's what Archie Adams had on his mind when he was trying to remember the name "Amos McCreary".

Just a little levity for this thread. It needs it.
Trashtalker Wrote:1. Fred Hoskins
2. Jason Chappell
3. Dan Turner
4. Brian Crawford
5. Trey Harbin
6. Tuck Woolum
7. Dave Mitchell
8. Tommy Greer
9. Corey Russell
10. Scott Chaney
11. Jordan Amis

Can't see Chappell going to Bell. I think he is happy where he is. I could see DaveMiMitchell going there but I don't think Bell would want him. But at this point who knows what the powers to be in Bell are thinking.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Trashtalker Wrote:1. Fred Hoskins
2. Jason Chappell
3. Dan Turner
4. Brian Crawford
5. Trey Harbin
6. Tuck Woolum
7. Dave Mitchell
8. Tommy Greer
9. Corey Russell
10. Scott Chaney
11. Jordan Amis

This is a feast or famine list LOL....3 of them i believe we would like to have the other 8 are absolutely ridiculous. From the looks of that list you might be one of the folks on our hiring committee.
But again NOT judging any of those names we would at least have a coach but, a few are just ridiculous.
HCS Wrote:Yep, Amos McCreary. Former star linebacker at Evarts. His brother used to coach and serve as AD at Harlan County, but not anymore.

It sounds to me that he would be a good hire, especially at this point in time.
SEKYFAN Wrote:It sounds to me that he would be a good hire, especially at this point in time.

Anybody would be a good hire. But I personally think that he is too old. He better have some young help.
It is to the point now no matter who is hired they are screwed!! No weights and no assistant coaches. The ball has been more than dropped. It has been ran over and burnt.
William Muney Wrote:It is to the point now no matter who is hired they are screwed!! No weights and no assistant coaches. The ball has been more than dropped. It has been ran over and burnt.

How are there no weights?....And one question i have had the entire time is that if there is any truth to our assistants leaving then how do we not have open jobs for new assistants?
redrocket Wrote:How are there no weights?....And one question i have had the entire time is that if there is any truth to our assistants leaving then how do we not have open jobs for new assistants?

The assistants don't have to give their teaching jobs up because they were let go from their football position. If they cannot move or chose to stay and keep their teaching job because they are tenured they have to have employment. None of those guys would resign if they didn't have something in stone for somewhere else and probably sell their house and have their affairs in order. So there are no jobs that are open until the coaches officially leave that job. You don't have to turn down a teaching position until way on up in the summer.
As JohhnyD said just because they are not coaching don't mean jack with the teaching jobs. They may stay and teach at Bell then coach somewhere else. It has happened before and is happening right now in Bell Co.

No weights is easy. No coach. 90% of kids are not going to lift if they don't have coach with them and obviously they don't have a coach.
SEKYFAN Wrote:It sounds to me that he would be a good hire, especially at this point in time.

That's what I thought. It sounded like a stroke of luck for Bell when I heard. It seems some would complain about anyone.
I'm not sure, but when I do the math, I don't think 65 is right. I'm guessing since he graduated in 74 (I think) he would be 60.
HCS Wrote:That's what I thought. It sounded like a stroke of luck for Bell when I heard. It seems some would complain about anyone.
I'm not sure, but when I do the math, I don't think 65 is right. I'm guessing since he graduated in 74 (I think) he would be 60.

I am not for him at all and I have a son that plays.
Just dropped by to see if anyone has been hired.

See you again in 3 months.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just dropped by to see if anyone has been hired.

See you again in 3 months.

Lol
Haha by 3 months the new guy maybe gone and we will start all over.
Any chance all these coaches stay at Bell as teachers. I understand not wanting to uproot your family, or spend an hour or Two traveling each day. And I wouldn't blame them if they just stayed for spite. I,would have thought Coach Mills would have already had a job if he wanted one, and I keep hearing a lot of rumors about assistant coaches but I'm not seeing a whole lot of action.
Well it's not like we have "a lot" of assistants that could just go coach somewhere. Besides mills you have Frazier (already gone to Whitley) and Fred hoskins who would actually be good assistants somewhere else. The best by far was randy Frazier and he's already gone but didn't even teach here. Really the assistants are holding up 2 jobs not counting mills who I think will go to Corbin. But then again that's 2 spots a new head coach could bring someone in.
From what I've heard Corbin doesn't have any teeaching opening either so Mills would go to Corbin and teach there. May stay at Bell and teach and be an assistant at Corbin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
12. Scotty Russell
13. Bo Callebs
14. Arthur Carter
15. Brian Yankee
16. Brent Slusher
17. Chris Murphy
18. Billy Britton
19. JB Donahue
20. Chris Larkey
These lists are for the hiring crew in case they should run out of names
panther nation Wrote:From what I've heard Corbin doesn't have any teeaching opening either so Mills would go to Corbin and teach there. May stay at Bell and teach and be an assistant at Corbin.

Wel that should make things interesting.
Trashtalker Wrote:12. Scotty Russell
13. Bo Callebs
14. Arthur Carter
15. Brian Yankee
16. Brent Slusher
17. Chris Murphy
18. Billy Britton
19. JB Donahue
20. Chris Larkey
These lists are for the hiring crew in case they should run out of names

I like your lists the bring some comedy to this mess. Unfortunately I don't think out committee has a problem with coming up with names. It's coming up with a name of someone who would actually take the job. 21 and 22 must be joker Phillips and doink the clown
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Chucky got 4 D1 football players on one football team in 2A football in the state of Ky, that helps. Heck the state of KY only produces about 15 D1 players a year and to have 4 on 1 2A school you should win state title. And Pulaski is a rare place where they gave there coach years to do his job, there are a lot of Principals out there that think they are SEC AD's!! And sorry I am not a chucky smith fan.

2A and 3A out of 4 classes. Also I agree if you get that many you should win A LOT of games !!!!. But there have been many who had that many and didn't. Don't have to like Chucky of course but I think he's a pretty good coach.
Granny Bear Wrote:That's a song that was recorded by Jerry Reed, years and years ago. I think that's what Archie Adams had on his mind when he was trying to remember the name "Amos McCreary".

Just a little levity for this thread. It needs it.

I know. I'm a Jerry Reed fan Smile
  •  Previous
  • 50(current)
  • Next