•  Previous
  • 49(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Boys I thought nobody could mess up a hire more than we did last year, we didn't interview a soul and hired a guy with only a handful of years coaching, but congratulations, I am not sure if anything will ever top this debacle at what is supposed to be a football school. Sounds like truth is stranger than fiction when it comes to Bell County Football right now. Hope this works out because ultimately the kids will be the ones that suffer.
WhyLie Wrote:McCreary?

Yep, Amos McCreary. Former star linebacker at Evarts. His brother used to coach and serve as AD at Harlan County, but not anymore.
So we need a 65 year old coaching that will not have any capable coaches helping him? Yea sounds like a good plan to me. A quick google check in the interweb says he just retired to spend more time with a grandkid that lives in GA.
Dave Mitchell is available.
Have they considered Willard Farris?
How about Steve Jewell?
I think Jewell is content with his setup. Assistant Principal at Corbin and DC at Cumberlands. His sons will be seniors in High School and college this year.
Any news today
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I know I've gotten on a soapbox or two about coaches who might have been a little less than ideal hiring based off their previous stops, before turning their current programs into things that even their most supportive of fans could never have dreamed of.

It's already been mentioned about Wayne County, Shawn Thompson and their entire program/community being one to model in the way that they showed patience with their program. Pulaski County and Johnny Hines are another example of that. Most on here probably don't remember that Coach Hines was at Barren County back in the early-mid 90's before going to Pulaski as an assistant for a couple years (+/-) before taking over in 1999. While at Barren (not sure of the exact years, but it was 91-95 if not mistaken), his record wasn't exactly anything eye popping. A 2-8, 4-6, some .500's and maybe a 3-7). He then goes to Pulaski as an assistant before taking over that program.

I don't know of anybody out there who would argue that not only has Pulaski become one of the premier programs in our state over the last few years.....anybody? No? Good.

How many out there with the above facts would also think realize that Pulaski had FIVE seasons of THREE wins or less before ever reaching their first state final in 2013? Over 1/3 of his seasons as the HFC at Pulaski County were of THREE wins or less BEFORE ever getting to a state title, let alone winning one.

....but, they stayed the course and look where they are today.

Just another example of why everybody in Bell County needs to be supportive of whomever ends up taking this job. There is always hope, and it might not always be pretty, but everyone has to be 110% 'All In' (a bit played out these days, but still true).
Great advice. Call and give it to our Administration about being "ALL IN."
^^
I believe they are all in.. all in not to hire someone.. what a shame. They all need fired. And orvoted out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I know I've gotten on a soapbox or two about coaches who might have been a little less than ideal hiring based off their previous stops, before turning their current programs into things that even their most supportive of fans could never have dreamed of.

It's already been mentioned about Wayne County, Shawn Thompson and their entire program/community being one to model in the way that they showed patience with their program. Pulaski County and Johnny Hines are another example of that. Most on here probably don't remember that Coach Hines was at Barren County back in the early-mid 90's before going to Pulaski as an assistant for a couple years (+/-) before taking over in 1999. While at Barren (not sure of the exact years, but it was 91-95 if not mistaken), his record wasn't exactly anything eye popping. A 2-8, 4-6, some .500's and maybe a 3-7). He then goes to Pulaski as an assistant before taking over that program.

I don't know of anybody out there who would argue that not only has Pulaski become one of the premier programs in our state over the last few years.....anybody? No? Good.

How many out there with the above facts would also think realize that Pulaski had FIVE seasons of THREE wins or less before ever reaching their first state final in 2013? Over 1/3 of his seasons as the HFC at Pulaski County were of THREE wins or less BEFORE ever getting to a state title, let alone winning one.

....but, they stayed the course and look where they are today.

Just another example of why everybody in Bell County needs to be supportive of whomever ends up taking this job. There is always hope, and it might not always be pretty, but everyone has to be 110% 'All In' (a bit played out these days, but still true).

Chuck Smith was 18-16 his first three seasons at Boyle on his first go around. But attitude of players was 180 degrees from what it had been. Takes time.
panther nation Wrote:^^
I believe they are all in.. all in not to hire someone.. what a shame. They all need fired. And orvoted out.

To play devils advocate, I think it's having to do just as much (if not more), that nobody is wanting to take the job.

I think they know they've messed up (heard Gambrel wasn't exactly on board with this, but nothing he could do) in the first place....but, they just can't find anybody to take it right now.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:To play devils advocate, I think it's having to do just as much (if not more), that nobody is wanting to take the job.

I think they know they've messed up (heard Gambrel wasn't exactly on board with this, but nothing he could do) in the first place....but, they just can't find anybody to take it right now.

Yea you heard wrong, he was 100% on board. Blame lays just as much at his feet.
Chucky got 4 D1 football players on one football team in 2A football in the state of Ky, that helps. Heck the state of KY only produces about 15 D1 players a year and to have 4 on 1 2A school you should win state title. And Pulaski is a rare place where they gave there coach years to do his job, there are a lot of Principals out there that think they are SEC AD's!! And sorry I am not a chucky smith fan.
TopCat Wrote:Yea you heard wrong, he was 100% on board. Blame lays just as much at his feet.

I stand corrected. Wasn't aware of that...
Promised a coach Jan 4th?
Time for curley, larry and moe to ask for some help. The kids at bell deserve better.
There is 3 young assistant coaches and coordinators we could actually have a shot at in the area but were going to go get a 65 year old retired coach. it really is amazing how badly this is being handled. Overtime i think i have seen it all we do something else that makes me say wow! its FEB 23!!!!!
82 days and counting!!
There are still a number of schools looking for coaches. I think Montgomery is one of them.

Who are the coaches being looked at.
They are looking at everyone that don't want the job. Been a complete exercise in how not to hire a coach. They have put on a clinic.
former Wrote:There are still a number of schools looking for coaches. I think Montgomery is one of them.

Who are the coaches being looked at.

I agree there are a few teams still looking for coaches. However i would go out on a limb and say thats because they have went through all of the applicants and chosen a few to interview and choose the best for the job. Thats how it should work. instead we have stood up to the plate and swung for the fences and haven't done anything but strike out. To continue my baseball analogy its time to become a contact hitter and just get on base ( hire one of these young coaches in the area get behind them and lets build this together). The home run isn't coming or at least it hasn't in 82 days!!!
List the 5 guys that they could hire and take the job!
1.Greg Duncum
2.Trevor Hoskins?
Is this Amos Moses guy a real candidate? Is he really 65?
3. Amos Mccreary
I think Amos McCreary would make a fine coach at Bell. Pete Carroll is 65.
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:List the 5 guys that they could hire and take the job!
1.Greg Duncum
2.Trevor Hoskins?

I don't know for sure that those two would actually consider taking the job. Hoskins is a complete question mark and Duncum at one point would have said yes now I'm not sure. What i do know is that both seem like really good young coaches in the area and the other thing i know is that you would have a better shot with those names than you do a Woolum, Hilton, Peterson type guy. At this point i don't know why it isn't clear to the administration that were not getting a long time successful head coach. At this point i think our best bet is a good young up and coming coach that we can build with. Maybe i am wrong but thats just my opinion. Also I've said it before what about names like Roark I've seen his name floating around too again a complete question mark but i feel like its a better possibility with those guys than who we have went after and been denied.
ArchieAdams Wrote:Is this Amos Moses guy a real candidate? Is he really 65?

Amos Moses was a Cajun.
He lived by himself in a swamp.
He hunted alligators for a living...........

Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 49(current)
  • Next