•  Previous
  • 47(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:If they want someone to clean up the mess and get everyone the same page. They better Hire Duncum.

I think with Duncum its one of those situations to where he wanted it and they wanted everyone but him. I don't know Duncum personally but i feel like there would be some bitter feelings about the whole deal and understandably so. So i highly doubt he would take it at this point as well as i highly doubt we would go back down that road again unfortunately.
redrocket Wrote:I think with Duncum its one of those situations to where he wanted it and they wanted everyone but him. I don't know Duncum personally but i feel like there would be some bitter feelings about the whole deal and understandably so. So i highly doubt he would take it at this point as well as i highly doubt we would go back down that road again unfortunately.

Better try. They have begged everyone else to take it, why not beg someone that actually wanted it?? We wonder why we are so behind everyone else.
I would have to agree about Duncum. Hounds will hate to lose his offensive mind, but know he wants to be a head coach again.
I agree I've said it before at this points I'm calling Greg Duncum, Brian Crawford,Trevor Hoskins and Roark probably in that order and i get a deal done soon. Its almost March and we don't have a coach. You're right we have begged everyone else lets start with Duncum and go from there.
redrocket Wrote:I think with Duncum its one of those situations to where he wanted it and they wanted everyone but him. I don't know Duncum personally but i feel like there would be some bitter feelings about the whole deal and understandably so. So i highly doubt he would take it at this point as well as i highly doubt we would go back down that road again unfortunately.

I think you are correct on Duncum, I have heard basically the samething....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't know Coach Duncum but everything I've heard has been outstanding.. I know he won a State Championship at Corbin.
I hope they make it happen soon! Real soon!!!
Bobcat4years Wrote:I don't know Coach Duncum but everything I've heard has been outstanding.. I know he won a State Championship at Corbin.
I hope they make it happen soon! Real soon!!!

I think that would be good but from what I'm hearing it's not going to happen. 2 months ago we could have gotten him but he wasn't "good enough".
Stop revisiting those that said no. Of course I don't think he did say no, he was the one that accepted and then John Brock Jr. brought McPeek back in. Give him one call and tell him , then go to applications .
WhyLie Wrote:Stop revisiting those that said no. Of course I don't think he did say no, he was the one that accepted and then John Brock Jr. brought McPeek back in. Give him one call and tell him , then go to applications .

Agreed...anyone know has actually applied?
Greg is the best choice at this point. But after the way they treated him not sure if he would take it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Hey Lou Holtz was about the 4th or 5th choice at William and Mary when he took that job. So if the guy wants the job he should take it, who gives a rats butt what choice he is. Heck Alabama offered the job to Rich Rod before they offered it to Saban.
Hardly think the NFL and major college football is even comparable to bell county football. It's not that he wasn't the top choice it was how he was treated and how the situation was handled. You don't treat people that way and you darn sure don't go crawling back to the people that spit in your face. I hope this all works out and we can get a decent coach but I'm not so sure we deserve one at this point.
77 days and counting. How much longer will it take?
I'm going to take a wild guess and say atleast 13 more
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:I'm going to take a wild guess and say atleast 13 more

Could be more than that.
I sort of dread a coach getting this job. What will I do with spare time between meetings when this turd flushes?
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Could be more than that.

I think it gets to 100 or 110.

I will be sad for myself when they finally make a hire, because I've been so interested in what's going on up on Log Mountain, that I don't really know what I'm going to do.
I think sur64 needs an interview before they make a hire
Bowling Green HS

1) The late, great Dan Haley resigns in either December of '95 or January of '96

2) Steve Long then hired about this time of year during the winter of '96 (maybe before)

3) After not getting some wishes he was granted during the interview process, Steve Long resigns at Bowling Green in late June of '96

4) Bowling Green then turns to its 2nd, 3rd and even 4th options from back in Januaray (not sure the order here, but Joey Downs who was at Bardstown, Marty Jaggers of then Lincoln County and Joe Hood of Warren Central-might be off on Hood, but there was another)----none of those guys take the job due to how late in the year it was.

5) Bowling Green hires then assistant on staff & former Warren East HFC, Kevin Wallace....and, 20 years later...a Corvette is transformed into a Bentley.

.....this is only the end of the world if you choose to look at it that way, and aren't 110% supportive.
Sir, we are way beyond choice 4. Maybe even choice 24. For numerous reasons nobody will touch this job and unfortunately the kids are paying for the leaders 100% incompetence!!!!
Finis Wrote:Sir, we are way beyond choice 4. Maybe even choice 24. For numerous reasons nobody will touch this job and unfortunately the kids are paying for the leaders 100% incompetence!!!!

I understand that. I think you know what I'm trying to say here, though.

Powerhouse program w/ a less than ideal situation at the time.
I still think it's a great opportunity for somebody because of their district and region. Things in Bell County might be falling on hard times all around, but with the exception of Corbin...I find it hard to believe that times (be it the school system, the talent level, etc.) are going to be such to where they won't be able to compete with and/or beat the likes of Jackson, Casey, Estill, Magoffin, Morgan, Knott County Central, Breathitt and Powell Counties.

That's ZERO disrespect meant towards them, either.

Non district results might be a little less than flattering, but most are facing those hardships in our state across the board; you win a little and those that should be playing you (some will hate this, but that whole demographic similarities) end up running from you.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Bowling Green HS

1) The late, great Dan Haley resigns in either December of '95 or January of '96

2) Steve Long then hired about this time of year during the winter of '96 (maybe before)

3) After not getting some wishes he was granted during the interview process, Steve Long resigns at Bowling Green in late June of '96

4) Bowling Green then turns to its 2nd, 3rd and even 4th options from back in Januaray (not sure the order here, but Joey Downs who was at Bardstown, Marty Jaggers of then Lincoln County and Joe Hood of Warren Central-might be off on Hood, but there was another)----none of those guys take the job due to how late in the year it was.

5) Bowling Green hires then assistant on staff & former Warren East HFC, Kevin Wallace....and, 20 years later...a Corvette is transformed into a Bentley.

.....this is only the end of the world if you choose to look at it that way, and aren't 110% supportive.

One obvious difference... people aren't moving into Bell County, Warren County in general has grown 58% since 1990(36% in BG Alone), Bell has dropped -9%. Bowling Green was due to do be a contender whether or not Wallace was there. Can say the same with Scott Co. whose population has doubled in the same time.
Thrillex Wrote:One obvious difference... people aren't moving into Bell County, Warren County in general has grown 58% since 1990(36% in BG Alone), Bell has dropped -9%. Bowling Green was due to do be a contender whether or not Wallace was there. Can say the same with Scott Co. whose population has doubled in the same time.

Won't disagree with any of that.

I think it would be unfair to say that BG would be what they have been in the last 10 years with just anybody. A great program as they'd always been, even though up until a few years ago when they only had 1 title under their belt? No doubt.

Would they be what they are right now? Maybe they would be, maybe they wouldn't have, but there is no disputing Kevin Wallace is a top notch coach at any count.

Demographics are more than most want to admit; I can tell you realize their worth. Luckily for Bell, they are having to compete against like people despite some of those factors working against them.
About time to ask Woolum again!!!
Trashtalker Wrote:About time to ask Woolum again!!!

Dudley is the one lol
"AS THE WORLD TURNS"
The soap opera continues?????!!!!!
Maybe this time they'll travel to Florida to try to sell him and his family on bell county face to face.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Won't disagree with any of that.

I think it would be unfair to say that BG would be what they have been in the last 10 years with just anybody. A great program as they'd always been, even though up until a few years ago when they only had 1 title under their belt? No doubt.

Would they be what they are right now? Maybe they would be, maybe they wouldn't have, but there is no disputing Kevin Wallace is a top notch coach at any count.

Demographics are more than most want to admit; I can tell you realize their worth. Luckily for Bell, they are having to compete against like people despite some of those factors working against them.

There are many factors for BG's success the past 10 years that you can point to. The biggest (much like Louisville Central) has been the move to 6 classes.

Bell County is one of the few "county schools" that has remained consistent the past 30 years. However, talent always makes a good coach. If the talent remains relatively the same the results will remain the same no matter the coach that is hired.
Thrillex Wrote:One obvious difference... people aren't moving into Bell County, Warren County in general has grown 58% since 1990(36% in BG Alone), Bell has dropped -9%. Bowling Green was due to do be a contender whether or not Wallace was there. Can say the same with Scott Co. whose population has doubled in the same time.

Don't let the other obvious difference confuse you. Warren county now has 5 public high schools and Scott county has 1. Kevin Wallace is winning at an 88% clip for 25 years at a school who had 1 regional title in 80 years before 1987. Kids have 4 other options of where to attend if they are motivated to do so.

I get disgusted by people who want to cut down someone else to make themselves look better.

Just throwing around the word contender and assuming anyone can reach excellence is lazy.
In the last 5 years Wallaces teams have won 4 state championships and lost 3 total games. Kids are graduating from there with more rings than losses. Let that sink in a minute. Thats excellence on a level only maybe 3 other schools have experienced in state history, so no, not just anybody can do it. And don't come back with some garbage about all the good players going to one school. South Warren has a ring of their own ordered from December. Warren East has a kid playing at Kentucky right now and Greenwood had the district player of the year last year who was only a sophomore.
  •  Previous
  • 47(current)
  • Next