•  Previous
  • 43(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Here comes that record talk, again.

Ty Scroggins= losing record at Doss before going to Central.

Kevin Wallace= losing record in 10 years as the HC at Warren East. Zero playoff wins and never had a winning record.

I could go on and throw out other examples, but you all get the point.

If you lose , you get fired, if they care about the program. You or I have no ideal what will happen here. The cards are stacked against us. May be political hire and that is never good for the coach. I hope we win the state championship, but just hiring a coach doesn't fix all these problems we have. Now we have to fix them, or we will be right back here in 3 years.
Hey Money, what the hell do you know about the his job, you need to quit crossing the line and talking about every candidate that has been mentioned, and also being negative with the kids, totally Classless, you need to move on and quit trying to take the program down more than it already is, who ever they hire needs to be supported instead of condemned because of records or where they are from, people that support this program need to step up and be positive for these kids, it's a shame it's got to this but we need to move on
Madness Wrote:If you lose , you get fired, if they care about the program. You or I have no ideal what will happen here. The cards are stacked against us. May be political hire and that is never good for the coach. I hope we win the state championship, but just hiring a coach doesn't fix all these problems we have. Now we have to fix them, or we will be right back here in 3 years.

Absolutely you should....in time.

Here is what I don't understand--

D1 college coaches are paid MILLIONS, usually given 4 years and they get to go PICK their players.

These HS coaches are paid jack squat, and their "recruiting" is the feeder systems. If there is growth from the top down on a consistent basis, that's what matters IMO. The wins will come with what's w/in those classes in terms of talent.

If those college coaches get 4 years, hell, HS coaches should get double that.
8 years no way. 5 tops. This is the problem here. New principal next year and new super the following, this was political hire and is dependent on success and when the new arrive if the new coach is not winning they will not get those 5. Is it fair, no, politics is what it is. So that is why winning is a must. I do not think we can after next year, unless they schedule wins. Lack of talent in 2017 and 2018. Help will be an issue along with talent. Couple that with new leadership is 100% disaster if you do not win. Best of luck to all, I hope we can. Bubby, leave Muney alone.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Absolutely you should....in time.

Here is what I don't understand--

D1 college coaches are paid MILLIONS, usually given 4 years and they get to go PICK their players.

These HS coaches are paid jack squat, and their "recruiting" is the feeder systems. If there is growth from the top down on a consistent basis, that's what matters IMO. The wins will come with what's w/in those classes in terms of talent.

If those college coaches get 4 years, hell, HS coaches should get double that.

Life aint fair lol.if you cant win give somebody else a chance.
It's a sad world that we live in.. People can't stand to see others successful
Not true, people can not stand it when their measure of success is different from others. Or when they tend to stretch it just a bit.
Bobcat4years Wrote:It's a sad world that we live in.. People can't stand to see others successful

Words for you to live by. Look back at some of your posts.
Lots of experts on this board. What makes anyone think Woolum will be successful? He is hamstrung from the jump. No coaches and principal don't care.
pjdoug Wrote:Life aint fair lol.if you cant win give somebody else a chance.

Clever. Never heard that one before.
Finis Wrote:Lots of experts on this board. What makes anyone think Woolum will be successful? He is hamstrung from the jump. No coaches and principal don't care.

Thats what's so funny about this whole thread.

It's all "This is the laughing stock of Kentucky right now." "Talent after next year drops off a ton!" "This is the worst administration in the state" "Can't hire any assistants!" "Coaching pay is terrible!"

Yet...there seems to be a belief of Home Run or bust.

Hilarious.
So I am still confused.....who is going to be the next head coach at Bell?????😳😳😳😳😳😂😂😂
Madness Wrote:If you lose , you get fired, if they care about the program.

Unless you are the head coach at Middlesboro, win the District, etc. and get fired anyway. Just sayin'...
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:All you did was prove my point. You said it...sometimes coaches are at place that have a very hard time winning.

Bell County will win. They are in a position to yearly compete for a region title, or at least an appearance.

No offense to the others, but outside of Corbin....it's as wide open as any region in the state.

With the exception of Corbin...

Parity at its best. All are county schools. All are considered mountain schools with the exception of Casey County. None of the schools are in metropolitan areas. Demographics are roughly a wash across the board as well as socio-economics. The list could go on.

All of the stuff that matters that nobody wants to admit....
Pineville hasn't changed much since Bell County last won a state title. What is your record as a head coach?:pondering:
So when is the press conference?
CatBlue Wrote:Hey Money, what the hell do you know about the his job, you need to quit crossing the line and talking about every candidate that has been mentioned, and also being negative with the kids, totally Classless, you need to move on and quit trying to take the program down more than it already is, who ever they hire needs to be supported instead of condemned because of records or where they are from, people that support this program need to step up and be positive for these kids, it's a shame it's got to this but we need to move on

Sorry I couldn't read your post. It made my head hurt. Where does 1 sentence end and the other begin?

I will be very surprised if Woolum takes it. I would think the search continues.
pjdoug Wrote:Pineville hasn't changed much since Bell County last won a state title. What is your record as a head coach?:pondering:

I'm not sure what your point is with the "Pineville hasn't changed much since Bell County last won a state title?"
I think Mills comes back if they let him bring who he wants. If not, forget about it and this could drag on even further.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I'm not sure what your point is with the "Pineville hasn't changed much since Bell County last won a state title?"

You keep defending coaches and talking about Mountain Schools and Demographics. Things haven't changed much in Bell County.if they could win in the 90's they should be able to win today.
With all this snow, Gambrel may call someone else before we can get to the press conference.
Madness Wrote:With all this snow, Gambrel may call someone else before we can get to the press conference.

a good time to go to Florida looking for a coach Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:You keep defending coaches and talking about Mountain Schools and Demographics. Things haven't changed much in Bell County.if they could win in the 90's they should be able to win today.

Sure I keep defending coaches. Don't hate the facts. Many of them out there have had crappy years and/or sub part (well below) stints at their previous schools.

If what I was saying was false, then it would be one thing. Im on here to making points with factual, concrete information and not a bunch of blow hard, hot air. That's what you and some others don't like.

In the big scheme, Demographics matter....in everything. To dismiss that is just ignorance. With Bell apparently about to be going through a big time dip in talent after this next year, if you don't think them being fortunate enough to be in the district/region they are in won't matter...you are in complete denial.

For the record, population and employment are part of that demographic/socioeconomic umbrella (s). Is it me, or has a good chunk of these 43 pages (or maybe the thread before) not alluded to the hit in both of these departments?

Don't hate the facts.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Sure I keep defending coaches. Don't hate the facts. Many of them out there have had crappy years and/or sub part (well below) stints at their previous schools.

If what I was saying was false, then it would be one thing. Im on here to making points with factual, concrete information and not a bunch of blow hard, hot air. That's what you and some others don't like.

In the big scheme, Demographics matter....in everything. To dismiss that is just ignorance. With Bell apparently about to be going through a big time dip in talent after this next year, if you don't think them being fortunate enough to be in the district/region they are in won't matter...you are in complete denial.

For the record, population and employment are part of that demographic/socioeconomic umbrella (s). Is it me, or has a good chunk of these 43 pages (or maybe the thread before) not alluded to the hit in both of these departments?

Don't hate the facts.

it is you that is in denial and defending mediocre coaches.Bell County was a rural area when they won state championships same as they are today.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Sure I keep defending coaches. Don't hate the facts. Many of them out there have had crappy years and/or sub part (well below) stints at their previous schools.

Don't hate the facts.

What about coaches in areas of growth, like say I-75 or let's say I-65 and Etown where we have growth and they are not getting it done?
Madness Wrote:What about coaches in areas of growth, like say I-75 or let's say I-65 and Etown where we have growth and they are not getting it done?

Fayette County is a mystery.

Jefferson County, you just have to know how things are up there. Which, I don't completely. But it's a big "Have and Have nots"

E-town, John Hardin, Central Hardin are getting things done.

As are Bowling Green, South Warren...Greenwood is solid. Warren East has been to two State Semis in the last 10 years.

Want to talk I 64? Shelby County (a county with growth out the you know what and part of Lville Metro) has had one school that won it all and another make it to the semis in the last three years.

Go look at the past state champions and finalists since 1998. All of the 160 or so teams that have represented the finals, but I bet maybe 20-25 of them have either been:

1) Private schools
2) Independents
3) County Schools in county/communities with over 30K

There are exceptions at both end of that, just as there are outliers in everything.
pjdoug Wrote:it is you that is in denial and defending mediocre coaches.Bell County was a rural area when they won state championships same as they are today.

What coaches have I listed that are mediocre coaches?

Who amongst Sam Harp, Tom Duffy, Ty Scroggins, Kevin Wallace, even Bill Sharp who has ran a very solid program at Russell County over the years is mediocre in that bunch? All are coaches who were either sub par at a previous stop, have been in recent years or somewhere along the way...despite their greatness have had some really crappy years. Note the plural use of that last word...

I also listed some college coaches that fell on hard times out of the gates in both their HS and College coaching days, before doing great things (namely Art Briles and Mack Brown).
So, don't you find it funny that a school that the previous two coaches have an average winning percentage of around .800 in 38 years and they can not hire a home run. I do. Why is this? It has nothing to do with demographics. Hey this is an area that has a lot to offer. Lakes and National Park, short trip to Knoxville. You don't have to live in Pineville. The new coach doesn't have to worry about jobs, he has one. It has more to do with leadership, how this was handled and communication amount coaches. Politics will revisit this situation in 3-4 years, I do not care who takes it.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:What coaches have I listed that are mediocre coaches?

Who amongst Sam Harp, Tom Duffy, Ty Scroggins, Kevin Wallace, even Bill Sharp who has ran a very solid program at Russell County over the years is mediocre in that bunch? All are coaches who were either sub par at a previous stop, have been in recent years or somewhere along the way...despite their greatness have had some really crappy years. Note the plural use of that last word...

I also listed some college coaches that fell on hard times out of the gates in both their HS and College coaching days, before doing great things (namely Art Briles and Mack Brown).

Key word is previous stops. Can I ask what your argument is?
Madness Wrote:Key word is previous stops. Can I ask what your argument is?

Lol. My argument is that many on here are consumed with what a coaches previous record was at places that aren't exactly known as football powers.

Ty Scroggins record at Doss was below .500 with no playoff wins. Kevin Wallace record was some 15-20 games below .500 in 10 years at Warren East. He didn't win a single playoff game and never had a single winning record, either.

But then....these guys, who obviously could coach, but were likely hampered from being successful at those previous schools....go to places with better resources around them and they take corvettes and turn them into Bentley's.

Do I need to explain more? I've covered this now and in previous responses.
Madness Wrote:So, don't you find it funny that a school that the previous two coaches have an average winning percentage of around .800 in 38 years and they can not hire a home run. I do. Why is this? It has nothing to do with demographics. Hey this is an area that has a lot to offer. Lakes and National Park, short trip to Knoxville. You don't have to live in Pineville. The new coach doesn't have to worry about jobs, he has one. It has more to do with leadership, how this was handled and communication amount coaches. Politics will revisit this situation in 3-4 years, I do not care who takes it.

Unfairly, EKY has a stigma...especially places like Bell County that are an hour+ from an interstate and even further from towns like Lou, Lex,Nashville and Knoxville. 45 minutes from anything like an Applebee's? That raises the eyebrows of a lot of wives...let me tell ya.

National parks do nothing for people. Those are "Oh yeah, that's nice."...and, move onto the next subject. Norris Lake is awesome. Problem is, that can only be used about 2 months of the year and sparingly at that with how busy June/July have become as the new preseason of football (one of the reasons you see many getting out by the way. Just that nobody will admit it)

Look. I want Bell County to do great. I, myself love the mountains and I couldnt be further removed from them.
  •  Previous
  • 43(current)
  • Next