•  Previous
  • 42(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Call Fraizer before he goes to Whitley!!!!
That ship has already sailed. Off to calmer and more profitable waters.
WhyLie Wrote:We are back to the top of list, it is his if hts it. I guess we will wait a couple days for his third official answer after being ask unofficially 6 times now. Papa ask the others on his own.

If he has been ask this many times. What makes them think he will take it this time?

Then on another note what makes this papa guy think he can hire the new coach? Who does he have dirt on to get this close to the program? Just curious how this happpens.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Goingdeep Wrote:After Bell shells out the money for a sub par AD/Head Coach think about how much worse it's going to be to get his replacement in 3 years? It just keeps getting worse.

As long as good players are rolling through, they'll be fine. "Sub Par" are the only ones you can get right.

Coaches aren't packing up and moving their families all over the state for this gig ("this gig"= HSFB coaching in general in KY) anymore, if anything they are staying put or getting out- because every place out there (minus a few and even those aren't w/out) has their own share of issues- which result in the same head aches.

No offense, but they dang sure aren't moving to Bell County if they don't have any ties to the area.

The first willing, able, reputable, knowledgeable person that wants it who also has a rock star personality/communication skills (to save the damage done, build up morale, etc- this might be the #1 quality needed right now)...you better let them have it.

Get behind their back or get the hell out of the way (not saying you wouldn't, just a general statement).
This administration/hiring committee is the laughing stock of the entire state. Nobody in their right mind would move to Bell Co. for this job, given how this hiring process has transpired.
Trashtalker Wrote:Call Fraizer before he goes to Whitley!!!!

Too late for that.
I heard he starts with Whitley very soon.

Whitley may be picking up another as well. Wont say who till confirmed.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Too late for that.

Highly sensitive
I hope that yall get a good coach, the people of Bell deserve it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Too late for that.

:pondering: enquiring minds want to know.
The word is Woolum is on his way to take the job. Throwing money with the AD job and promise of a new principal must have done the trick.

PJ if what I am hearing is true you guys will be happy.
Do we need to revive the classic thread about Whitley's new coach??

Confusednicker:
Finis Wrote:The word is Woolum is on his way to take the job. Throwing money with the AD job and promise of a new principal must have done the trick.

PJ if what I am hearing is true you guys will be happy.

I hope you are right in both cases Smile. What is Woolum's record as a head coach?
Granny Bear Wrote:Do we need to revive the classic thread about Whitley's new coach??

Confusednicker:

Yes,we do. would you like to join the staff or get on the bandwagon? Smile
pjdoug Wrote::pondering: enquiring minds want to know.

Could it be a new DC? ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:Could it be a new DC? ?

maybe its Scotty Russell.
pjdoug Wrote:What is Woolum's record as a head coach?

Not good. 3-7 last year if I remember correctly? 4 years in right around .500 I think. Only made playoffs 2 times. But atleast it seems like it is done. Wish him the best of luck.
PJ ,Frazier will be there Monday and we wish him the very best, except when we play them, haha. The other coach is Fred Hoskins, for some reason his relationship with the administration went wrong in a hurry. If he does go we wish him the best as well. I do look for him to go somewhere.
I am very glad to hear the rumors about cleaning house. Usually , there are some truth to them. This has shown everyone we need a change in this administration.
I am sure Woolum will take this job, it is time to move on and get behind these kids. Best of luck. Go Bobcats.
Here comes that record talk, again.

Ty Scroggins= losing record at Doss before going to Central.

Kevin Wallace= losing record in 10 years as the HC at Warren East. Zero playoff wins and never had a winning record.

I could go on and throw out other examples, but you all get the point.
That is usually how we define success. Winning. Sometime good coaches are at places that can not win. This place is not one of them. Hilton and Mills won here. With that said his record here will matter.
Good job Duck! Stick to something else. Sam Harp won a ton at Danvile what has he done in TN? So what's your point? Good jobs bad jobs. What do you know about the job he is leaving in fla? It was a pretty dang good job before he took over.

Who would ever thought we would look to pineville for our next coach.
All you did was prove my point. You said it...sometimes coaches are at place that have a very hard time winning.

Bell County will win. They are in a position to yearly compete for a region title, or at least an appearance.

No offense to the others, but outside of Corbin....it's as wide open as any region in the state.

With the exception of Corbin...

Parity at its best. All are county schools. All are considered mountain schools with the exception of Casey County. None of the schools are in metropolitan areas. Demographics are roughly a wash across the board as well as socio-economics. The list could go on.

All of the stuff that matters that nobody wants to admit....
William Muney Wrote:Good job Duck! Stick to something else. Sam Harp won a ton at Danvile what has he done in TN? So what's your point? Good jobs bad jobs. What do you know about the job he is leaving in fla? It was a pretty dang good job before he took over.

Who would ever thought we would look to pineville for our next coach.

I don't know a thing about the job in FLA.

I'll keep sticking to this......
All that matters is winning, he has not done that there, but I have no clue what kind of job it was. We will see what he can do here. Winning and doing the right things is all that matters.
He or whomever, b/c of the factors I listed, will do well. Now, their non district schedule could provide some big time road blocks...but, if you have a shot to play on Region Final Friday and are doing that on a somewhat regular basis then it's all you can realistically ask for IMO.

Fellas...guys aren't moving around anymore for this gig. I know I sound like a broken record, but go back and look at all of these coaching openings this year and in the past.

Financially there are very seldom any incentives, some even take pay cuts and Bell would likely be that for whoever takes it. All schools have their own set of problems, yet the same head aches.

Why should somebody take a job that by all accounts seems like a dumpster fire? It's one thing to take a job that's a dumpster fire....it's another thing to take a job that's a dumpster fire in a place that isn't an ideal place to live for many...and, it's another thing to take a job that's a dumpster fire+not an ideal location, that also has a massive amount of pressure to win, that ALSO is a paycut.

My grandpa used to tell me in my younger days that I had "Champagne taste with beer money"....that unfortunately sounds fitting for this right now.
They will for a better job.
There is only about 15-20 of those out there (if that many) that are truly better jobs. Then you have about 15-20 who are bottom dwellers, always have and always will....then you have everybody else.

90% of the jobs in this state, when you factor in everything are roughly the same. Unless there are family ties or some sort of underlying draw....most of these jobs when you factor in things like location, talent, administration support, pay, chance to really be successful, etc are all the same.
Bottom line boys is players win, if you aint got em you aint winning many games!!!!! Put Saban at Vandy and see how many SEC titles he wins. And please no one get on here and say he would win them at Vandy. If Bell has players they will win, if not they will lose. Now I think great coaches can win with less talent but you cant win the big ones without players.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Bottom line boys is players win, if you aint got em you aint winning many games!!!!! Put Saban at Vandy and see how many SEC titles he wins. And please no one get on here and say he would win them at Vandy. If Bell has players they will win, if not they will lose. Now I think great coaches can win with less talent but you cant win the big ones without players.

You said it Eagle and even the great/good ones struggle with bad talent.

Staying healthy is another factor that's always key, but it's even moreso a key when you suck to begin with.

Bill Sharp at Russell County won 30+ games in three years. The last two years? He/they have won one.

Tom Duffy won multiple state titles at Danville and Highlands. He then goes to Henderson and builds that job into what many always thought it could be; with that said he even had two years (post success) where he went 1-19 over a two year span.

Muney already pointed out the struggles Sam Harp,in all of his greatness, has had in TN (5 wins in 3 years, 2-18 his first two years).

Players and all of these underlying factors that coaches can't control (what I named above in another post) is all that matters when you get down to the brass taxes of it all.

There are some bad coaches out there, let's not get it twisted. However, I firmly believe there are many more good coaches at bad programs in our state than the other way around.
Mediocre hire was exactly what we got. Probably as good as we could get with this administration. I to hope this administration is gone, best of luck to all the kids. We will see what kind of coach we got very soon.
WhyLie Wrote:PJ ,Frazier will be there Monday and we wish him the very best, except when we play them, haha. The other coach is Fred Hoskins, for some reason his relationship with the administration went wrong in a hurry. If he does go we wish him the best as well. I do look for him to go somewhere.
I am very glad to hear the rumors about cleaning house. Usually , there are some truth to them. This has shown everyone we need a change in this administration.
I am sure Woolum will take this job, it is time to move on and get behind these kids. Best of luck. Go Bobcats.

I'm always glad to see the Colonels get some help,I get tired of seeing my team lose to them but wish Bell County the best lol.sounds like Woolum is close to being a done deal.
  •  Previous
  • 42(current)
  • Next