•  Previous
  • 29(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Gitback Coach Wrote:Ironic that this is such an issue for Coach McPeek when Sir Dudley himself had to forfeit a number of games in '91 for the exact same reason, playing an ineligible athlete.

Not saying either position is the wrong one. Just noting the irony.

Sounds like he would be a perfect fit then. Shady coach, shady administration, shady program.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Ironic that this is such an issue for Coach McPeek when Sir Dudley himself had to forfeit a number of games in '91 for the exact same reason, playing an ineligible athlete.

Not saying either position is the wrong one. Just noting the irony.

The kid that was ineligible for Bell never stepped foot on the field. The school was made aware of the player mid way through the year (after mboro game) and forfeited the games he dressed in. He had been a freshman at mboro and was in a really bad car accident within the first few days of school. Didn't attend school that year and the next year enrolled at Bell. If it was known he probably could have been granted a hardship year and played with no problems. Back then kids that got injured early in the season could be granted another year. (I think 1 of the Lefew boys at Boyle was the last 1 in KY to get that?) Nobody except the people at middlesboro knew. It is similar that they did have an ineligible player but that is the only similarity.
Actually i hope Mcpeek gets the job. That just what this administration deserves. I know their will be some kids jump ship because of the hire. Also i know there is absolutely zero young talent at the middle school level with an exception of a few former coaches sons who i heard would be leaving. I have some family ties to Bell county still so i wanted to see them make the most of this situation but hearing from everyone it seems like the administration is in terrible shape. So go ahead hire Mcpeek with no players or nothing coming up he will have to do some recruiting to have a prayer to turn things around. I truly believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end of Bell county football.
redrocket Wrote:Actually i hope Mcpeek gets the job. That just what this administration deserves. I know their will be some kids jump ship because of the hire. Also i know there is absolutely zero young talent at the middle school level with an exception of a few former coaches sons who i heard would be leaving. I have some family ties to Bell county still so i wanted to see them make the most of this situation but hearing from everyone it seems like the administration is in terrible shape. So go ahead hire Mcpeek with no players or nothing coming up he will have to do some recruiting to have a prayer to turn things around. I truly believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end of Bell county football.

I am afraid you are correct.
What you are witnessing is the begging of the end Bell County type tradition and of this administration. Super, then principal and AD, and Pizza Hut sponsorship. Then another new coach in 3 years.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Sounds like he would be a perfect fit then. Shady coach, shady administration, shady program.

wow
Madness Wrote:What you are witnessing is the begging of the end Bell County type tradition and of this administration. Super, then principal and AD, and Pizza Hut sponsorship. Then another new coach in 3 years.

Im not close enough to the situation to know what will or won't happen...but i do agree with one thing if the admin is in this type of shape changes will have to be made at some point. So that means with changes in leadership plus no talent in the school equals whoever they name as head coach will be a short-timer.
That is exactly correct. Fact.
russellpride Wrote:wow

I said the same thing when I saw all the F's on the on the KHSAA/Riherds Football Scoreboard from the 2012 season for the first time.
redrocket Wrote:Now now don't get angry...Actually i am not ignorant to what happened at fairview. I am actually very knowledgable to what happened. If you are as well like you say you are then you know you are wrong and just blatantly lying. I would not take a shot at someones character if i didn't know. Im not saying people can't change or that people can't make mistakes and bad decisions. There is no doubt that there was cheating at fairview by a few not just one but a few. There was more to it than playing one ineligible player (you know that if you really do know the situation). I am not from Bell county and i have no dog in this fight but there is no way you fire someone for wrong doing and hire someone with the baggage that comes with Mcpeek. Dont want to get into a big back and forth because thats not going to go anywhere. You have your opinions and i have mine but don't act like Mcpeek is some innocent person who got a raw deal.

I agree but he wouldn't be the first person that has cheated at Bell County or the second or the third :biglmao:
panther nation Wrote:And the drama goes on....Confusednicker: what a mess this has turned into. At this point I dont think they'll get a coach bye the time schools out

hopefully they get Russell Confusednicker:
William Muney Wrote:The kid that was ineligible for Bell never stepped foot on the field. The school was made aware of the player mid way through the year (after mboro game) and forfeited the games he dressed in. He had been a freshman at mboro and was in a really bad car accident within the first few days of school. Didn't attend school that year and the next year enrolled at Bell. If it was known he probably could have been granted a hardship year and played with no problems. Back then kids that got injured early in the season could be granted another year. (I think 1 of the Lefew boys at Boyle was the last 1 in KY to get that?) Nobody except the people at middlesboro knew. It is similar that they did have an ineligible player but that is the only similarity.

Confusedtare::dudecomeon:
Wildcat18 Wrote:I said the same thing when I saw all the F's on the on the KHSAA/Riherds Football Scoreboard from the 2012 season for the first time.

Keep on going buddy makes you feel great, can you name all your Utopian qualities as a perfect person and coach?
russellpride Wrote:Keep on going buddy makes you feel great, can you name all your Utopian qualities as a perfect person and coach?

I'm not perfect by any means, but I did have two former players commit to play college football in the last 24 hours. That's kind of a big deal for me. Neither of which played a season as an ineligible player.
pjdoug Wrote:Confusedtare::dudecomeon:

What? Do you think that is not the truth? Ask someone that knows. I had rather not put the guys name on here.
So how close is this to a done deal? Or is most of this still rumors?
William Muney Wrote:What? Do you think that is not the truth? Ask someone that knows. I had rather not put the guys name on here.

I think Dudley did way more than play one little player from Middlesboro lol
I decided to do a little research on McPeek since the ball appears to be in his court for this season coming at least. The records look good until you see the level of competition. Whoever did the scheduling sure liked the cupcakes!!

2008 8-4
The teams they beat had a winning pct of 32% 20-44

Best wins
Bath 7-4
West Carter 7-4
Campbellsville 4-7

2009 8-4
Teams they defeated had a record of 24-51 for 32% winning pct

Best wins
Williamsburg 5-6
West Carter 5-5
Lewis Co. 4-7

2010 11-2
Teams that the defeated 40-80 33%

Best wins
Williamsburg 7-5
Nicholas 6-5
West Carter 7-4

2011 12-1
Teams they defeated 59-72 45%

Best wins
Nicholas 7-5
Powell 8-5

2012 0-15 or 14-1
opponents 111-106 51% win pct

best wins
Hazard 10-3
Pikeville 8-5
A lot of cupcakes out there.

Look at most teams records; they beat people with worse records than them.
coach77 Wrote:your a prime example what is wrong with social media ! your assuming things you are ignorant about! if you want to comment on Bell Football your option but when you make comment on someones character that you are completely clueless about that is not being a man its being a coward!
if you dont want him fine but I do know every aspect of what happened at Fairview and you are totally way off base! have some cuth!

"couth"
Well another week passes and we know nothing more than we do not have a coach. Superintendent made a promise that we would have a coach by Jan. 4 when we went back to school. Our situation is becoming worse with every passing day. Most of you would be amazed at what has happened during this hiring process with this so called committee. I can gather one thing and it all comes down to , the candidates say they can not trust them. Each seems to have an agenda and wants to be in the spot light. Guys , you are and you will be for sometime.
That is a fact, they will be remembered. The cards are stacked against them that the memory will be a good one. What is most worrisome is what if any help will be available. This situation has gone from bad to worse.
As many has said on here the new coach will be for all intensive purposes by themselves coaching. No help is available and none will be hired. Odds are clearly against this turning out well for the committee and in all honesty they deserve all the blame.
McPeek was offered the job on Thursday and has till Monday to let them know if he will be our next Head Coach.
I do worry about staffing! Coach Harbin told him No, Coach Napier doesn't want to coach, but may not have a choice, non tenured. Coach Clark is going to continue doing middle school and he's need there bad..
#headcoachsoon
Just hire . It doesn't matter anymore. I have talked to several parents and kids, several are leaving. It will be a minimum of 4 years rebuilding, if the next guy is the right one. The one after this hire.
I agree just hire someone even if it is Mcpeek. The next coach isn't going to be there long anyway. Ive heard the same a lot of kids leaving and even more may not play for the new coach (esp if its mcpeek). You lose some of the best kids at the middle school because their dads were coaches. This is a mess just hire someone and end this embarrassment. I think this admin and someone with Mcpeeks baggage almost deserve each other let them sink together.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Just hire . It doesn't matter anymore. I have talked to several parents and kids, several are leaving. It will be a minimum of 4 years rebuilding, if the next guy is the right one. The one after this hire.

I'm sure if these kids are leaving they will have a legit change of address as in parents moving homes
All these threats of kids leaving. I would hate for some of these kids to be ruled ineligible for their senior season.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:All these threats of kids leaving. I would hate for some of these kids to be ruled ineligible for their senior season.

This generally prevents the threats of mass exodus in these kind of situations from actually happening
First off, it is very easy to change schools. You guys talk like it is hard. There are several paths they can take. There is a loop hole that many do not take advantage of and if they are serious about it , one rental house and you are eligible. So do not worry about that part of the transition.
  •  Previous
  • 29(current)
  • Next