•  Previous
  • 21(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
You all should go back to the foundation. I am sure all you have to do is ask. Ask that is. I think Dudley would consider it again
Finis Wrote:JB glad to see you made a re-appearance. McPeek is not the answer at Bell county on many fronts. 1. Too many problems with KHSAA (of course he knew don't kid yourself) 2. He will have ZERO help, he knows nobody in this area and nobody will be beating down the doors to help coach with a guy that has been down this path. 3. The people that are bringing him in are short timers.

I got it.....JB
You will not be back in the school making any decisions, when it happens.
Why is it in professional and college sports we're seeing an abundance of young, energetic, high IQ coaches given a chance to lead these new generation of athletes, however at the high school level fans and administration can't get away from wanting a coach with 20+ years of experience no matter the track record? I bet there are some great young coaches that would excel, but won't be given an opportunity.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Why is it in professional and college sports we're seeing an abundance of young, energetic, high IQ coaches given a chance to lead these new generation of athletes, however at the high school level fans and administration can't get away from wanting a coach with 20+ years of experience no matter the track record? I bet there are some great young coaches that would excel, but won't be given an opportunity.

So. With that statement. Recommend a good young coach. Maybe your recommendation will be a hit in Bell Co
4ThePlayerz Wrote:So. With that statement. Recommend a good young coach. Maybe your recommendation will be a hit in Bell Co

Is the hiring committee searching BGR forums for possible candidates?
I love it......

Where else would these three get their information?
lol. If you think I am one of the 4. Shame on you. Maybe you just can't think out of the box
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Why is it in professional and college sports we're seeing an abundance of young, energetic, high IQ coaches given a chance to lead these new generation of athletes, however at the high school level fans and administration can't get away from wanting a coach with 20+ years of experience no matter the track record? I bet there are some great young coaches that would excel, but won't be given an opportunity.

I'm not so sure how true that is. Personally, I think it's just the opposite. In college, you see a ton of guys in their 50's and 60's who are at the top of their game and the collegiate game as a whole.

Saban, Miles, Briles, Meyer, Kelly, Petrino, McElwain, Fisher, Richt, Strong, Patterson, Leach, Bob Stoops, Malzahn, Chris Peterson (Washington), Paul Johnson (Georgia Tech), Kirk Ferentz at Iowa, MacIntyre at Colorado, Dantonio, Bill Snyder and Spurrier (up until this year, and I'm not so sure he should have hung it up) are all 50 or above (many in their mid 50's, into their 60's and even 70's) that are doing VERY well and thats just to name some of them & only in the D1 Power 5 Conferences at that.

In Kentucky guys that age are considered "old and outdated" in the eyes of many.

How many guys in the state will be coaching next year over the age of 50?

Larry French (Southwestern), Phillip Haywood (Belfry), Chuck Smith (Boyle), Kevin Wallace (Bowling Green), Mark Brown (Elizabethtown), Bill Sharp (Russell County), David Barnes (Caldwell County), Dudley Hilton (Taylor County), Beatty (T) and Sam Simpson (Henry Clay) are the only ones I can think of that are 50+ (David Morris @ Mayfield maybe?) in the entire state. The college coaches I named above are just those that are D1 Power 5 and I'm sure I left some out that are 50+.

.....whole lot of RINGS in that group, too. Matter of fact, there are only three in the names above who don't have one as a HC (Simpson, Barnes and Sharp), but they've been in the mix quite a few times and/or gotten there.

11 guys 50+ out of the 220 football playing schools in the state doesn't scream a lot. Right at 5% and less if more than 220, which it might be...something around that number.
At this point if they bring in Stoops you have to figure they behind.... Lot of teams will be licking there chops to play I would think

I would argue it is the complete opposite of this in Kentucky. Too many young coaches that are not prepared to be a head coach. They get a Head coaching job too young, get eaten alive by fans, parents, and even administrations. They get fired, get bitter, leave the profession, and a once promising young coach that is desperately needed in the state of Kentucky never comes back to the $5,000 stipend.

There are not enough coaches to fill staffs out in Kentucky and there are way too many young coaches getting head coaching jobs they aren't prepared for them.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I'm not so sure how true that is. Personally, I think it's just the opposite. In college, you see a ton of guys in their 50's and 60's who are at the top of their game and the collegiate game as a whole.

Saban, Miles, Briles, Meyer, Kelly, Petrino, McElwain, Fisher, Richt, Strong, Patterson, Leach, Bob Stoops, Malzahn, Chris Peterson (Washington), Paul Johnson (Georgia Tech), Kirk Ferentz at Iowa, MacIntyre at Colorado, Dantonio, Bill Snyder and Spurrier (up until this year, and I'm not so sure he should have hung it up) are all 50 or above (many in their mid 50's, into their 60's and even 70's) that are doing VERY well and thats just to name some of them & only in the D1 Power 5 Conferences at that.

In Kentucky guys that age are considered "old and outdated" in the eyes of many.

How many guys in the state will be coaching next year over the age of 50?

Larry French (Southwestern), Phillip Haywood (Belfry), Chuck Smith (Boyle), Kevin Wallace (Bowling Green), Mark Brown (Elizabethtown), Bill Sharp (Russell County), David Barnes (Caldwell County), Dudley Hilton (Taylor County), Beatty (T) and Sam Simpson (Henry Clay) are the only ones I can think of that are 50+ (David Morris @ Mayfield maybe?) in the entire state. The college coaches I named above are just those that are D1 Power 5 and I'm sure I left some out that are 50+.

.....whole lot of RINGS in that group, too. Matter of fact, there are only three in the names above who don't have one as a HC (Simpson, Barnes and Sharp), but they've been in the mix quite a few times and/or gotten there.

11 guys 50+ out of the 220 football playing schools in the state doesn't scream a lot. Right at 5% and less if more than 220, which it might be...something around that number.

I can agree with all of this. I didn't intend the statement to only refer to football.
I think it is funny that Russellpride keeps mentioning he coaches D-1 talent. Who cares!!!! That don't make you a good coach. None of the former asst coaches will be back helping. You can write that in stone. This entire ordeal has been an example of how NOT to do things by all the people in control.

Of all the jobs open this is the worst of them. Expectations are too high, you will have no help coaching and financial cutbacks will make it impossible to hire in help next year. With the BOE changing in the next election it is possible for someone to have a job this spring and be out next year.
TopCat Wrote:I think it is funny that Russellpride keeps mentioning he coaches D-1 talent. Who cares!!!! That don't make you a good coach. None of the former asst coaches will be back helping. You can write that in stone. This entire ordeal has been an example of how NOT to do things by all the people in control.

Of all the jobs open this is the worst of them. Expectations are too high, you will have no help coaching and financial cutbacks will make it impossible to hire in help next year. With the BOE changing in the next election it is possible for someone to have a job this spring and be out next year.

Name your qualities as a good coach? Great coach? Please I'm curious if your great insight. Of course being around d1 talent doesn't make you good coach didn't say it did but life is about experiences and relationships which he is rich in as a young football coach.
TopCat Wrote:I think it is funny that Russellpride keeps mentioning he coaches D-1 talent. Who cares!!!! That don't make you a good coach. None of the former asst coaches will be back helping. You can write that in stone. This entire ordeal has been an example of how NOT to do things by all the people in control.

Also no way they hire a coach now and be looking again next fall don't see that
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Laugh all you want.

I love your insight. You speak a lot of truth. But, I can promise you that the head coaches don't know all.

Did you play college ball?

No I didn't play college ball but have friends that did and I did play high school and our head coach was in charge and knew what was going on. And at the college level the head coach is in charge and if asst do something he doesn't like he doesn't have to ask admin if he can fire them he does it!!! And these guys that try and say that the head coach didn't know what was going on. Come guys what has our world come to when there is no accountability anymore, the guy knew that there was kids out there that were playing dirty and there were kids out there that some how found there way to Fairview from other school districts.All I know is I have never seen the khsaa hammer a program like this. Have any of you seen it happen? And I think we can all take a look up towards the ville at a few programs that somehow just seem to get kids from 4 or 5 counties and another state! BUT of course they didn't recruit them.Confusedhh:
The Eagle has landed Wrote:No I didn't play college ball but have friends that did and I did play high school and our head coach was in charge and knew what was going on. And at the college level the head coach is in charge and if asst do something he doesn't like he doesn't have to ask admin if he can fire them he does it!!! And these guys that try and say that the head coach didn't know what was going on. Come guys what has our world come to when there is no accountability anymore, the guy knew that there was kids out there that were playing dirty and there were kids out there that some how found there way to Fairview from other school districts.All I know is I have never seen the khsaa hammer a program like this. Have any of you seen it happen? And I think we can all take a look up towards the ville at a few programs that somehow just seem to get kids from 4 or 5 counties and another state! BUT of course they didn't recruit them.Confusedhh:

Again you are incorrect with your information. Fairview did self imposed penalty and in all my discussions with Nate he stated that was right thing to offer with the error. No evidence found of recruiting and its gets old people talking about it. Again EVERYTHING with khsaa is about ONE ineligible kid. Your entitled to your opinion but we live in a country of facts and facts are stated by very educated people no evidence of your claims. #barkupwrongtree
OK you win the khsaa takes a title away for 1 little kid. I got you.
I just hope Bell Co. gets their act together for the sake of the kids.
is Duncum out? He , at this point would be the best choice.
Madness Wrote:is Duncum out? He , at this point would be the best choice.

I would be if I were him. Craziness
russellpride Wrote:Also no way they hire a coach now and be looking again next fall don't see that

With all due respect, you do not know what you are dealing with here. Politics at its worst. Whoever takes this will be out after the third year. That is a given. Mark this down.
Madness Wrote:With all due respect, you do not know what you are dealing with here. Politics at its worst. Whoever takes this will be out after the third year. That is a given. Mark this down.

It could be before that.
russellpride Wrote:Also no way they hire a coach now and be looking again next fall don't see that

Son you have no clue!! This place is crazy and people are upset over a lot more than football. Their will be a ton of changes coming. After a 4/5 win season they will be lighting torches and carrying pitch forks. Trust me it is coming.

Let's look at the season ahead. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Offense
OL you lose all 5 starters. 4 of which have started for 3 years.

RB Another 3 year starter 2nd leading rusher, 2nd leading receiver and back-up QB. May also lose the leading rusher due to economic displacement.

QB 4 year starter and as stated above the back-up

Rerurning starters TE, WR and FB

Defense
DL 2 starters lost
LB 2 starters lost
DB 2 starters lost

Schedule ( I am not exactly sure)

Mboro will be much improved toss up
Mercer L
Wayne co L
Whitley toss up
Pike cent Toss up not sur enough what they return
Campbell co L
Corbin L
Casey toss up
Jackson win
Harlan Co L
Madness Wrote:With all due respect, you do not know what you are dealing with here. Politics at its worst. Whoever takes this will be out after the third year. That is a given. Mark this down.

Well then drop football if you guys feel that way pitiful attitude
I agrre to an extent, that if the leading rusher stays...6-4 best, 4-6 worst.

Lets not give Middlesboro a toss up. They will be terrible again. could go 0-11
Casey iis a win as well
My toss-up will be Whitley and Harlan County...that is where Humfleet comes in. If he stays and is healthy win, otherwise,.... well you know.
Pike central Win
This brings us to 5-5 and I will take one win ,from toss up. So my guess is 6-4, after playoffs 7-5. Fans will be on edge with that, but ok. The next two years is where the wheels fall off.
russellpride Wrote:Well then drop football if you guys feel that way pitiful attitude

Son that is a reality. Just be prepared when you arrive.
I think Duncum can keep Humfleet, otherwise he may be gone and that is a big problem.
WhyLie Wrote:Hoskins will not be hired, Frazier is off to Whitley, and Yankey will not coach anymore.

Welcome to Colonel Stadium Mr. Frazier.
former Wrote:Let me explain it good for you sense you don't understand this.

Pepsi Cola from Corbin, you know, the factory that is there that distributes all over the area, you know from Corbin.

Well Greg Duncum works and lives in Corbin, you know the place where Pepsi Cola is.

Are you following so far.

Well the Pepsi guy who delivers pop to my work told me about Duncum.

You know since both are from Corbin and since Pepsi people are pretty influential in Corbin and usually know a lot.

So know do you understand.

Oh wait, it has to do with Bell Co too since the Pepsi guy said a guy from Corbin, you know the Duncum guy took the job.

diarrhea of the mouth like i said. Where do you get fountain Pepsi? taco bell?
  •  Previous
  • 21(current)
  • Next