•  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
JB pizza man keeps pushing for McPeek, and continues to delay the hiring process. It is all about the kids, but with the three clowns that's doing the hiring could care less about kids!
AD- is the master video watch his whole career as a teacher.
Superintendent in her second term as super has never won a board race. She is to blame for this mess!!!
Coach Nate McPeek is a class individual, he is a great coach but a better person. Bell County would be lucky to get him. All these bashers on here that make comments dont really know anything about what went on at Fairview, it was a mistake made at registration he had nothing to do with it. if Bell County wants someone to build back the program and treat kids with respect and help them achieve Nate is the man for the job.
What a complete fluster cluck! Why lie tell us your observation of the principal? This entire situation has become the laughing stock of Ky. It is unbelievable. 1.3 million in job cuts coming this year and more down the road. Not a good situation at all!

I really feel sorry for the kids left in the program. Must feel like they are on a life raft in the Bermuda Triangle.
I am at the point , I believe that they are enjoying the power that comes with this hire. It is now all about them and not the kids. The principal, pizza guy and AD, are enjoying the conversation they get where ever they go. My impression of these guys has been the same since day one, they have 0 leadership skills. They just like the feeling of being in charge of something like this, and will miss the attention it will bring when it is over. Trust me when I say this, they will never be forgotten with this hire, it will fall back on them, not the new coach.
WhyLie Wrote:I am at the point , I believe that they are enjoying the power that comes with this hire. It is now all about them and not the kids. The principal, pizza guy and AD, are enjoying the conversation they get where ever they go. My impression of these guys has been the same since day one, they have 0 leadership skills. They just like the feeling of being in charge of something like this, and will miss the attention it will bring when it is over. Trust me when I say this, they will never be forgotten with this hire, it will fall back on them, not the new coach.

We should ask LADYCATS09 what he thinks about this crock of :flush: thats going on? How about it Ladycats09, how do you see this marvelous plan to "GO IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION?" How is it workin out? :Thumbs::igiveup::igiveup::Thumbs:
WhyLie Wrote:. . . enjoying the conversation they get where ever they go, they have 0 leadership skills. They just like the feeling of being in charge of something like this, and will miss the attention it will bring when it is over.

Sounds like a lot of overzealous "football parents" I've known over the years.
If it were football parents they would at least know some football. These guys do not. I would rather have some football parents making this hire than these guys.
The Bell County community is far to football rich in tradition to let it fall off the wayside. Coach Hilton and Coach Mills did an outstanding job building and continuing the tradition of the bobcats. Whomever they decide to hire people will either be part of the problem or part of the solution. Kids will rally behind the coach and some kids may leave because some coaches will leave I'm sure and take their kids. Eastern Kentucky football isn't going to get any better because of the dying coal business so just be happy with your program and support it. All this negative talk just brings down the program that I'm sure many love in the area and state.
russellpride Wrote:The Bell County community is far to football rich in tradition to let it fall off the wayside. Coach Hilton and Coach Mills did an outstanding job building and continuing the tradition of the bobcats. Whomever they decide to hire people will either be part of the problem or part of the solution. Kids will rally behind the coach and some kids may leave because some coaches will leave I'm sure and take their kids. Eastern Kentucky football isn't going to get any better because of the dying coal business so just be happy with your program and support it. All this negative talk just brings down the program that I'm sure many love in the area and state.

Wonderful pep talk. The problems are in Principals office in BCHS and the administration offices at Central office. They created these problem with a political agenda that has now cost them all their jobs! Unfortunately it has also scraficed an entire football program. The majority of the parents and boosters were in full support of the program, that has changed now and will NOT be repaired. The powers that be have made it clear that the past is in the past, well unfortunately so will a winning football program. Contrary to belief Bell Co does not have D-1 talent in the hallways or even a team of NAIA talent. Also a nice turf field does not make a team or for that matter draw in a new coach.
Finis Wrote:Wonderful pep talk. The problems are in Principals office in BCHS and the administration offices at Central office. They created these problem with a political agenda that has now cost them all their jobs! Unfortunately it has also scraficed an entire football program. The majority of the parents and boosters were in full support of the program, that has changed now and will NOT be repaired. The powers that be have made it clear that the past is in the past, well unfortunately so will a winning football program. Contrary to belief Bell Co does not have D-1 talent in the hallways or even a team of NAIA talent. Also a nice turf field does not make a team or for that matter draw in a new coach.

SMH negative negative negative. :igiveup::igiveup:
Lets just be honest. The administration at Bell County has most certainly handled this situation poorly. The truth is Mills was fired because he made some very poor decisions (more than 1). Thats on him no one else. But from hearing everyone talk the leadership is in bad shape to say the least. Truth is it doesn't matter who Bell county hires there are no 9 or 10 win seasons coming anytime soon. The talent just inst there i don't care who you get. As far as Mcpeek goes it seems to me if nothing else his little "slip up" at fairview if nothing else shows he knows the importance of having talent (he used an ineligible player and "maybe" recruited a few) So with the talent pool at Bell and not many to recruit from the area i don't seem him being dumb enough to take on this Mess of a job.
russellpride Wrote:SMH negative negative negative. :igiveup::igiveup:

No crap Sherlock!!! Of course it is negative. If you saw that disappointment in the players at how all this has shook out you would be negative too!!
May be the worst hiring committee I have ever heard of. They should not be allowed back into the building if they are not employees. The others should never be allowed to hire anyone again. If that means demotion so be it. I too think they will be remembered for the hire that destroyed Bell Football. That is nothing towards the new coach, because the teams are going to be way down the next 3-4 years, that is fact. Next year 6-4 tops and gets much worse afterwards. Those three will have a legacy alright.....
PRIDE101 Wrote:May be the worst hiring committee I have ever heard of. They should not be allowed back into the building if they are not employees. The others should never be allowed to hire anyone again. If that means demotion so be it. I too think they will be remembered for the hire that destroyed Bell Football. That is nothing towards the new coach, because the teams are going to be way down the next 3-4 years, that is fact. Next year 6-4 tops and gets much worse afterwards. Those three will have a legacy alright.....

You should give them your coach.
Not a bell fan at all.... But with saying that Humfleet could play D-2 maybe NAIA for sure so don't say there isint ANY talent! At the end of the they have been without a coach for 60+ days Alabama would be lost without ZERO coaches for 60+ days!!
Trashtalker Wrote:Not a bell fan at all.... But with saying that Humfleet could play D-2 maybe NAIA for sure so don't say there isint ANY talent! At the end of the they have been without a coach for 60+ days Alabama would be lost without ZERO coaches for 60+ days!!

Go back and read, I said a team of NAIA talent. Meaning a lot of players going to college. What is the most players bell has sent to college off of 1 team?? How many this year will go to college 3 or 4? I know the big boy is going to Ohio. Who else? My point is they have had some excellent coaching and kids that have bought in year after year for 30 years. That is over.
Trashtalker Wrote:Not a bell fan at all.... But with saying that Humfleet could play D-2 maybe NAIA for sure so don't say there isint ANY talent! At the end of the they have been without a coach for 60+ days Alabama would be lost without ZERO coaches for 60+ days!!

There's no way you are serious. Humfleet is a good high school football player. Not saying he wouldn't get a small offer from a D2 or NAIA school but have you seen any good D2/NAIA backs? He's not anywhere close to that type of player. The davenport kid was 2x the back that Humfleet is and he is an average NAIA back. IMO you are very wrong to say he is a D2/NAIA player "for sure" I don't see it at all.
Whylie I know very few parents who really know anything about football! They know their little baby should get a full ride to Alabama and that is about it. Don't give parents that much credit.
I disagree, in the two games I watched bell county play this year, humfleet was far and away a better player than Davenport. He carried bell county in both games against Corbin. Returning fumbles and breaking big runs. Davenport was a very good football player but speed kills. Very few players come in to a college program ready to start. If humfleet has two years in a college weight program he'll easily be a stud at the d-2 or naia level. With his speed he could possibly compete in a fcs backfield.
Humfleet would be a very solid addition to any D2, D3 or NAIA school (NAIA is across the board just as good as both). Is he built and will he be built to carry it 20+ times a game? Doubtful. I think he'd make a fine slot wr somewhere at the next level.

He's 17 years old....big difference between a Junior in HS and a 21/22 year old R-Jr and Sr.

The kid has tools to play at the next level. When and how much? TBD, but he will have his options...make no mistake about it.
Treyton is 1 of the best RB's and DB's in the state. No denying that. You don't put up the numbers he did by not being a player. I think Davenport was a little more then a decent NAIA back!!!!

Back to the thread that we somehow got away from. What are the "leaders" waiting on now?
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Whylie I know very few parents who really know anything about football! They know their little baby should get a full ride to Alabama and that is about it. Don't give parents that much credit.

Wait, you now understand what type people we have hiring our new coach.
So does Bell have a new coach or do they not have a new coach???? This is all confusing
I think they do, just waiting for school and or weather to break for press conference . That is unless Brock can talk Woolum, McPeek or anyone that will wear a Pizza shirt, back into the mix. I do believe Duncum , will be named soon. Who knows with this group of three stooges.
Hearing meeting with McPeek soon
Pepsi man from Corbin says Greg Duncum is the coach and that Bell isn't still looking at McPeek.
If so I would think Duncum would tell Bell Co to take his name out
Duncum is most definitely out after the final meeting. You can't compare apples to sour oranges. No one will ever agree to the former ones doings
All about which one you talk to. From what I've been told of the meeting Duncum is the choice.
Look up the word decline
So they have screwed around and ran off the 1 candidate willing to take??? You have to be kidding me.
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next