•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Duncum maybe 1 of the few hires they could make, that may ease the transition. Of all the names mentioned he is the only 1 that maybe able to hold it together.
Finis Wrote:Duncum maybe 1 of the few hires they could make, that may ease the transition. Of all the names mentioned he is the only 1 that maybe able to hold it together.

Curious to know how an unpaid assistant is more qualified or may be able to hold it together than some of the other names that were mentioned. I feel like a current head coach from another school that may not be in a good situation or even a current bell assistant would make more sense. Not disagreeing but what qualifies Duncum more than the other names?
Duncum has been Head Coach at NL and assistant at Corbin! Good coach. Knows the Game Offense, Defense, and Special Teams.
redrocket Wrote:Curious to know how an unpaid assistant is more qualified or may be able to hold it together than some of the other names that were mentioned. I feel like a current head coach from another school that may not be in a good situation or even a current bell assistant would make more sense. Not disagreeing but what qualifies Duncum more than the other names?

These people in charge of making this hire do not possess that same talent. Nor, do they have any knowledge when it comes to how to accurately grade a real FOOTBALL COACH.

You have Wayne....principal has a wild hair and want rid of him. Goes in to the super and says "I want Wayne GONE".
Then you have Fred Hoskins. Who has sown into that program for the last 16 or 17 yrs. Very Knowledgeable very well liked by any and all players of the program and LOVES Bell County NOT even a invite to apply. GENIUS's

Because the OL WISE PRINICPAL and AD have this grand idea of going to the sunshine state and dipping in to look like they did something grand. Then he turns them down.
Now everyone see's the mess that has been created because of a man's lack of respect for all the hard work and sacrifice that us coaches endure for sake of the kids and school

Now you all are gonna get just exactly what YOU deserve not what the kids deserve.
Trenches07 Wrote:These people in charge of making this hire do not possess that same talent. Nor, do they have any knowledge when it comes to how to accurately grade a real FOOTBALL COACH.

You have Wayne....principal has a wild hair and want rid of him. Goes in to the super and says "I want Wayne GONE".
Then you have Fred Hoskins. Who has sown into that program for the last 16 or 17 yrs. Very Knowledgeable very well liked by any and all players of the program and LOVES Bell County NOT even a invite to apply. GENIUS's

Because the OL WISE PRINICPAL and AD have this grand idea of going to the sunshine state and dipping in to look like they did something grand. Then he turns them down.
Now everyone see's the mess that has been created because of a man's lack of respect for all the hard work and sacrifice that us coaches endure for sake of the kids and school

Now you all are gonna get just exactly what YOU deserve not what the kids deserve.

Any chance that they come back and ask Hoskins to apply? That seems like the smart move to someone like me, who is on the outside looking in.
Not real sure the love affair with Duncum? Did he win when he was a head coach? Just asking never have really heard of him. So not to be a butt BUT what is all the love for him.
R. Gambrel told Coach Woolum that if he took the job, Hoskins and Yankee could not be on staff. I don't understand that at all. Why would principal tell a coach who could be on his staff.
The OL wise principal really knows a lot about winning. I would say his 4-5 years as head girls basketball coach he was right around .500. Not exactly sparkling. I had family playing then, they had talent including Union college's all time leading scorer and all American.
Absolutely false, its the other way around, these two coaches were very vocal on not wanting Woolum or for that matter helping him, get your facts straight, not taking up for this principal or whoever because it's a clown show on what is going on right now, but let's be real, why would any body want to come here when you have nobody that wants to help a new Coach.
I can assure you. This part is very True!!!!! Even if they may have decided later to coach Gambrell was not going to let that happen.

Bobcat4years Wrote:R. Gambrel told Coach Woolum that if he took the job, Hoskins and Yankee could not be on staff. I don't understand that at all. Why would principal tell a coach who could be on his staff.

That is not necessarily the truth all the coaches were told they were fired and the program was going in a different direction. Can you blame those guys??? Sometimes you think you know but do you really??

CatBlue Wrote:Absolutely false, its the other way around, these two coaches were very vocal on not wanting Woolum or for that matter helping him, get your facts straight, not taking up for this principal or whoever because it's a clown show on what is going on right now, but let's be real, why would any body want to come here when you have nobody that wants to help a new Coach.
Don't get on here with your true or false questions. I think they said they would not help anyone. Not just those 2 but any of the asst coaches. Don't just make it seem personal against Woolum because that is not the case.

CatBlue Wrote:Absolutely false, its the other way around, these two coaches were very vocal on not wanting Woolum or for that matter helping him, get your facts straight, not taking up for this principal or whoever because it's a clown show on what is going on right now, but let's be real, why would any body want to come here when you have nobody that wants to help a new Coach.
Super is setting the principle up, principle doesn't like most of the people on the football team, principle wants to be super, but super is grooming asst super for job has since she sent him off to school. Power Grab everyone one wants the check book. People have never considered doing the right thing. It's time to overthrow the powers that be.
Duncum would have been just as successful as Larkey at North had he stayed longer then he did. North was terrible when he took over and after he left but he had a couple of good years in that 4A district where they almost beat Lafayette one year in the first round if I'm not mistaken. If the classes were the same as they are today, I think he would have had a district title or two back then.
With that said I think there is a 0% chance he would take it. Other than wishful thinking I highly doubt there is even any interest from either side.

I think Bell hires someone nobody expects and probably not even from this state.
William Muney Wrote:Don't get on here with your true or false questions. I think they said they would not help anyone. Not just those 2 but any of the asst coaches. Don't just make it seem personal against Woolum because that is not the case.

Sounds to me like the Bell asst coaches have the 5th grade I'm taking my ball and going home mentality. If none of them can't get the head job then were going to be bitter. It's ok that we fired Mills if one of us gets the job, but if someone else gets it then the administration is terrible and were making a stand and not helping. Get over all this, coaching is a business people get fired sometimes for bad reasons so what it happens. don't like it don't coach. Bell seemed to be trending downward anyway no matter if Mills stayed or not may be a blessing in disguise for him.
Duncum is just a name from the outside thats where the love is coming from for him. These genius's just want someone they can manipulate and control. Lets see how that works out for ya in about 24 months from now (2 seasons) Coach Hoskins your 2 State Championship rings, multiple State Semi's and Regional Championship Coaching EXPERIENCE ya that's not NEEDED. And as for you Coach Frazier your NFL EXPERIENCE your Head coaching experience and State Experience, ya it's not needed either we want to go in a different direction. SMH
And as for you WAYNE MILLS this one is best of all. You have only one State Championship, several State Semi's, several Regional Championship and ONE COMPLETE PROGRAM REBUILD from ground up that is still thriving after your departure COACHING EXPERIENCE to your credit. OH WAIT WE WANT TO GO IN A DIFFERENT DIRECTION.
Wow, go in a different direction you shall.....
Reading comprehension must be hard for you Redrocket. The Supt fired all of them and the Principal has told all the candidates he can't hire them back. Moving in a new direction, no ties to the last 30 years of Bell County football. Even changing the logo on the helmets. Is that easy enough for you since you like the 5th grade examples?
TopCat Wrote:Reading comprehension must be hard for you Redrocket. The Supt fired all of them and the Principal has told all the candidates he can't hire them back. Moving in a new direction, no ties to the last 30 years of Bell County football. Even changing the logo on the helmets. Is that easy enough for you since you like the 5th grade examples?

Haha no, reading comprehension isn't difficult at all. I was commenting on the fact that bells assistants have said they would not help whoever the next hire was. I have heard that myself, as well as reading it numerous times on this very forum. so "TOMCAT" if i upset you i offer my most sincere apologies. At the end of the day i have no dog in this fight i guess i share a commonality with the administration at bell when i say i could care less what happens to Bell county football. It just really amazes me that the fighting dudleys have fallen this far. The program literally seems to be from the outside looking in to the point to where they can't hire anyone they want or even anyone they think they might want, but i know all this talk will go away when this new guy is hired the fine people of bell county will be praising him as the second coming of coach Hilton, even if his previous qualifications was pee wee position coach.
They were told they couldn't help by Principal. Also 3 of them have boys playing in the football program so it is pretty important to them for reasons besides the obvious. The rest of your points are very fair. The last sentence I am not sure that will happen. Too many hard feelings not just from the former Coaches but all involved. The Bell Co. football community is not near as big as people think, maybe 50 people total that are in it for reason besides of having children play. The majority of them are not happy. Of course you have a few could have been #1 draft pick parents and players that are glad the coaches are gone but they are mad their kids future NFL career was ruined. Confusednicker:

redrocket Wrote:Haha no, reading comprehension isn't difficult at all. I was commenting on the fact that bells assistants have said they would not help whoever the next hire was. I have heard that myself, as well as reading it numerous times on this very forum. so "TOMCAT" if i upset you i offer my most sincere apologies. At the end of the day i have no dog in this fight i guess i share a commonality with the administration at bell when i say i could care less what happens to Bell county football. It just really amazes me that the fighting dudleys have fallen this far. The program literally seems to be from the outside looking in to the point to where they can't hire anyone they want or even anyone they think they might want, but i know all this talk will go away when this new guy is hired the fine people of bell county will be praising him as the second coming of coach Hilton, even if his previous qualifications was pee wee position coach.
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:DUNCUM would be a Great Choice!

mediocre at best.
What's the latest news on the search?
Heard they talked with McPeek again and it just wasn't going to work out with staff, and money. Not sure about Duncum and other assistants currently on staff they have talked with.
Does anyone know if there is a timeline on the hire? Or who some of the real candidates are this late in the game?
don't know who they'll hire but they better hurry and get it done football seasons not that far off
Coach from Louisville Iroquois is a no go as well.
Maybe now everyone will believe this job is as bad as everyone is saying? I can assure you it is.
Any chance Coach Jones from Estill gets a look? If I'm not mistaken he has family down that way.
I would say after his experience with his new super in Estill, their is no chance he would want to fool with this 1.
This position does pay somewhere around 917 a month plus the teacher salary
In the south something like this gets the prin and the super fired! But that is in the south where football is the only sport they give a @$%^ about!!!!
4ThePlayerz Wrote:This position does pay somewhere around 917 a month plus the teacher salary

What position pays 917 dollars a month?
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next