•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
bac2369 Wrote:Bert Browne is a good coach. He takes it seriously too. He's left Perry multiple times and was fired at Mad Central because they wanted the man they have now in there. I think Brown had a winning season the year he was fired there.

I think he was fired because the administration had Boyle Co ties and wanted Chuck Smith who took the job only to leave them for Boyle when French was fired so they could try to get Chuck Smith. The coach at Mad Cent was not the guy who was supposed to take over.
Bert Brown is a good coach never the less.
former Wrote:I think he was fired because the administration had Boyle Co ties and wanted Chuck Smith who took the job only to leave them for Boyle when French was fired so they could try to get Chuck Smith. The coach at Mad Cent was not the guy who was supposed to take over.

Exactly!
former Wrote:I think he was fired because the administration had Boyle Co ties and wanted Chuck Smith who took the job only to leave them for Boyle when French was fired so they could try to get Chuck Smith. The coach at Mad Cent was not the guy who was supposed to take over.
mediocre at best.
Which Asst. comes back for bell! Has to leave a bad taste in Hoskins mouth being a bell county boy and not getting a shot. Harbin,Yankee And Fraizer do they all return now that the dust has settled! Or do some stay and teach and the others going to greener pastures? Bell maybe in more trouble then most realize if ZERO help is coming back as well and ZERO jobs besides the HC comes open!
Trashtalker Wrote:Which Asst. comes back for bell! Has to leave a bad taste in Hoskins mouth being a bell county boy and not getting a shot. Harbin,Yankee And Fraizer do they all return now that the dust has settled! Or do some stay and teach and the others going to greener pastures? Bell maybe in more trouble then most realize if ZERO help is coming back as well and ZERO jobs besides the HC comes open!

I don't think any of them return.
Have you guys ever coached football at Perry County Central? Not exactly the easiest place to win at football. Just ask Tom Larkey who is a Hall of Fame coach. Bert always had competitive teams there. Just lacking the players and support. Also when the guy took over at Madison Central, the program there was at rock bottom. He was playing teams like Trinity and St. X. Whose gonna beat those teams especially at a basketball school like Madison Central? NOBODY. Bell County could only be so lucky to get a coach like him. The guy is an excellent coach. Especially at the High School level. The shape Bell is in, they better hope they can get him. Im sure Haddix hopes and prays Browne don't go to Bell.
Hard to win in football without quality assistants.
Brown took over a team at Madison Central that did not win a game the year before he got there, in his first season they won 1 game. In his second year they went undefeated in the district winning it for the first time in 7 or 8 years! In his 3rd year they won a playoff game for the first time in 5 years losing in the second round to the #1 Team in the nation Trinity(you ever heard of them, with all due respect that aint some team Bell plays) in his 4th year after losing 19 or 20 starters playing the schedule they play (look it up cause I did) he won 2 games and was in several. They fired him after he had 3 head Principles, 3 AD's and 2 Supers in 4 years. Oh and had 1 full time asst coach in the building, just saying did he do a great job or a poor one look above and see what anyone could do under those circumstances. All this is from a good friend of mine who is friends with the guy. I know this cause I said the same thing you are saying about him getting fired until my friend said "wait up man you don't know what you are talking about"!
And I talk with my friend last night when I heard he was going to Bell, he said brown hasn't talk with Bell
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Brown took over a team at Madison Central that did not win a game the year before he got there, in his first season they won 1 game. In his second year they went undefeated in the district winning it for the first time in 7 or 8 years! In his 3rd year they won a playoff game for the first time in 5 years losing in the second round to the #1 Team in the nation Trinity(you ever heard of them, with all due respect that aint some team Bell plays) in his 4th year after losing 19 or 20 starters playing the schedule they play (look it up cause I did) he won 2 games and was in several. They fired him after he had 3 head Principles, 3 AD's and 2 Supers in 4 years. Oh and had 1 full time asst coach in the building, just saying did he do a great job or a poor one look above and see what anyone could do under those circumstances. All this is from a good friend of mine who is friends with the guy. I know this cause I said the same thing you are saying about him getting fired until my friend said "wait up man you don't know what you are talking about"!

Bell only has 1 assistant in the HS bldg and has been that way for years.
Trashtalker Wrote:Which Asst. comes back for bell! Has to leave a bad taste in Hoskins mouth being a bell county boy and not getting a shot. Harbin,Yankee And Fraizer do they all return now that the dust has settled! Or do some stay and teach and the others going to greener pastures? Bell maybe in more trouble then most realize if ZERO help is coming back as well and ZERO jobs besides the HC comes open!

Nobody will be back. Why would anyone want to get involved in this mess. It is a rudderless ship headed toward a giant iceberg. When the superintendent fires all coaches in December leaving nobody to be in weight room, handle college recruiting for the seniors, banquets and then says wins and loses are not important??? I say everyone will run as far away as possible.
Brown is a good coach, might be a drastic change in the offense though if he gets hired.
The Outsider Wrote:Brown is a good coach, might be a drastic change in the offense though if he gets hired.

It will be a drastic change in wins too.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:It will be a drastic change in wins too.

I think it will be a decline in wins no matter who gets the job.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Brown took over a team at Madison Central that did not win a game the year before he got there, in his first season they won 1 game. In his second year they went undefeated in the district winning it for the first time in 7 or 8 years! In his 3rd year they won a playoff game for the first time in 5 years losing in the second round to the #1 Team in the nation Trinity(you ever heard of them, with all due respect that aint some team Bell plays) in his 4th year after losing 19 or 20 starters playing the schedule they play (look it up cause I did) he won 2 games and was in several. They fired him after he had 3 head Principles, 3 AD's and 2 Supers in 4 years. Oh and had 1 full time asst coach in the building, just saying did he do a great job or a poor one look above and see what anyone could do under those circumstances. All this is from a good friend of mine who is friends with the guy. I know this cause I said the same thing you are saying about him getting fired until my friend said "wait up man you don't know what you are talking about"!

After being in that situation at Madison Central why would he want to walk into a hornets nest at Bell?
pjdoug Wrote:mediocre at best.

seems a lot of others on here disagree with that
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Have you guys ever coached football at Perry County Central? Not exactly the easiest place to win at football. Just ask Tom Larkey who is a Hall of Fame coach. Bert always had competitive teams there. Just lacking the players and support. Also when the guy took over at Madison Central, the program there was at rock bottom. He was playing teams like Trinity and St. X. Whose gonna beat those teams especially at a basketball school like Madison Central? NOBODY. Bell County could only be so lucky to get a coach like him. The guy is an excellent coach. Especially at the High School level. The shape Bell is in, they better hope they can get him. Im sure Haddix hopes and prays Browne don't go to Bell.

Smile you are right!! I'd say Haddix at Corbin is hoping and praying Browne don't come to Bell.... I'd say he would try to even move down to 2a or up to 4a... Might even step down.
I would say Coach Haddix is hoping he doesn't come. The district is not that hard as is and if he comes it will get even easier.

Someone said he had 500 yards against Bell that may have been true but Bell probably had 1,000 themselves. If I remember correctly he had 2 D-1 athletes in Willis and Holland.
TopCat Wrote:I would say Coach Haddix is hoping he doesn't come. The district is not that hard as is and if he comes it will get even easier.

Someone said he had 500 yards against Bell that may have been true but Bell probably had 1,000 themselves. If I remember correctly he had 2 D-1 athletes in Willis and Holland.

:hilarious:
It's funny how the Bell fans are laughing at all of these potential coaches, but what they don't know is that all of those coaches are sitting back and laughing at Bell right now. They'd be lucky to get a Bert Browne right now, very lucky.
[quote=Bobcats 9108]:hilarious:[/QUO

Dang Bobcats 9108 brown must have taken your girlfriend at one time or something. how many games you seen him coach. and for all the D1 athletes you are talking about the guy before him at Perry had those same guys and didn't win!
The Eagle has landed Wrote:[quote=Bobcats 9108]:hilarious:[/QUO

Dang Bobcats 9108 brown must have taken your girlfriend at one time or something. how many games you seen him coach. and for all the D1 athletes you are talking about the guy before him at Perry had those same guys and didn't win!

Watched him a few times they used to be in Bells district. It is a shame if our administration is looking for someone like Bert Brown to be the head coach at Bell County it just show how much they know about football. That is what is so funny.
Redwolf Wrote:It's funny how the Bell fans are laughing at all of these potential coaches, but what they don't know is that all of those coaches are sitting back and laughing at Bell right now. They'd be lucky to get a Bert Browne right now, very lucky.

Everyone should be laughing at us. This county program has been turned into a laughing stock. It's a shame.
This is more just a general question for all the Bell fans on here: What is going to be the reaction if they hire someone who has a complete and total break in football philosophy that Bell has known, seemingly forever? What if they make a hire, and this is a guy who just wants to chuck it all night?

I know the fans on Log Mountain are very vocal about their football, but would they be willing to change for a new guy?

And for what it's worth from me, I think the Bell job could have a lot of potential, if given the right hire. Not a state ring every year, but I think they could always be in the top tier of teams in the state. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
E's Army Wrote:Hard to win in football without quality assistants.

I was under the impression McCreary Central was the only place those in charge felt this way. Bell should look at anyone who would be interested in the Job. It's far from a perfect situation now.:dontthink
Wining is the key. Going to be tough to do. Everyone wants to throw the ball but it is hard to take a mountain team and be successful throwing the football. It just doesn't work on a high level. The good mountain teams that have had great success all run the FOOTBALL. The best QB this state has ever seen didn't have a lot of success outside of this area. It is hard to take our Athlete's and beat teams from NKY and Central Ky who typically have more athletes than we do. I know someone will say Pulaski is an exception but are they really a mountain team?? Did they really throw it that much anyway?

The "football people" of Bell County, who by the way have nothing to do with this new hiring process, Knows what it takes to win football games. Throwing it all over that yard is not that.
Speaking of Pulaski (I do consider Pulaski in the mountains.) I think they and Corbin have done a good job of still playing Mountain football but out of spread formations. Tricking everyone into thinking they are throwing it everywhere. Whoever takes the Bell job has been set up to fail IMO. Talent is down b/c of some decisions made downtown with lower levels and of course the movement of population from our area. Bell is 1 of the few County schools left that don't have a Middle school. That is a problem also!!! It is just a bad situation.
Guys. A spread opens running lanes. Haddix will run till you stop it. Any good spread coach will It's not a pass happy free for all as you know. A good zone running back will kill it in the spread if the athletic o line is there. It just puts your athletes in space As for Bert Brown he does know how to run a program and win games. Not sure who you guys will hire but Brown is no slouch in my humble opinion. As for his record at Perry, well it's not an easy place to win (understatement). No disrespect meant to anyone or any program.
redstone1127 Wrote:Guys. A spread opens running lanes. Haddix will run till you stop it. Any good spread coach will It's not a pass happy free for all as you know. A good zone running back will kill it in the spread if the athletic o line is there. It just puts your athletes in space As for Bert Brown he does know how to run a program and win games. Not sure who you guys will hire but Brown is no slouch in my humble opinion. As for his record at Perry, well it's not an easy place to win (understatement). No disrespect meant to anyone or any program.

Great post.

There are two misconceptions.

1) Spread teams can't run the ball.
-When you watch the Texas Techs, Hawai'i, Washington State's (even OK St when playing other powet 5 conferences), there is much validity to that. But, when you look at Baylor, Georgia Southern, TCU, and many othes; that theory is shot. Charleston Southern and New Mexico both have superior rushing attacks.

2) You can't throw the ball out of old school/under center attacks.
-Most choose NOT to do this. P.A.P is a given out of things like the flexbone, wishbone, wing t, etc., but all of those present the same 3 step, 5 step and screen (screen game is so underrated in these) can be every bit as effective and deadly out of these offenses.

-you can also go "spread" in these schemed from a Gun standpoint and/or even under center.

-Ever seen Wishbone and/or Wing-T teams align properly with their splits? Im talking 2 feet (center to guard), 3 feet (guard to tackle), 4 feet (tackle to te) and in some cases, 3, 4 and 5 feet? Then back down to 1ft or less across the board when called for? It can and should be done like that if taught properly. These offenses shouldn't mean "bunched up like sardines w/no passing game".

Old school/"conventional" (which is actually unconventional these days) can be every much of a legitimate passing game+spread concepts (in particular with alignment) just like "Spread" teams can be power rushing attacks.

People on both ends of those pectrums look through the world with blinders on.
former Wrote:seems a lot of others on here disagree with that
That's just Douggie being clueless.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next