•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Who all has interviewed?
The smartest move they could make is to offer the job to one of Mills' asst. coaches.
Maybe I missed it, but did anyone in Bell Co.'s administration give any reason for the dismissal of Coach Mills? My goodness, the man did win 10 games last season and made it to the region championship game.
You would think someone already in the coaching ranks would be offered the position first.
It has been offered to 4 coaches, all of them turned it down.
Who are the names it has been offered to?

Legit Coaches to get Job Now.
Fred Hoskins
Randy Frazier
Tommy Greer
Andrew Roark
Josh Jaggers
Greg Duncum
Andre Linn Union College Assitant
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:Who are the names it has been offered to?

Fred Hoskins
Randy Frazier
Tommy Greer
Andrew Roark
Josh Jaggers
Greg Duncum

I would add these two names
Nathan McPeek- former Marshall player/Fairview HC/Tucker GA assistant
Brian Landis- Georgetown player/Former EKU assistant
Jerry Heron
Shawn Thompson
Chris Larkey
Mark Woolum
Madness Wrote:Jerry Heron
Shawn Thompson
Chris Larkey
Mark Woolum

No idea why any of these would take it. When looking into the future, seeing what was coming up in each program, all would be a step down from their current situations.
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:Who are the names it has been offered to?

Fred Hoskins
Randy Frazier
Tommy Greer
Andrew Roark
Josh Jaggers
Greg Duncum

To the best of my knowledge, I don't think that Jaggers has applied for the job. I'd also heard that Frazier didn't as well.
Wildcat18 Wrote:No idea why any of these would take it. When looking into the future, seeing what was coming up in each program, all would be a step down from their current situations.

I understand as well, that is why I said they turned it down.

On another note, Greer did not apply.
russellpride Wrote:I would add these two names
Nathan McPeek- former Marshall player/Fairview HC/Tucker GA assistant
Brian Landis- Georgetown player/Former EKU assistant
Someone would have to be crazy to consider Nathan McPeek for a head coaching job
Heard today while I was in Middlesboro that Bert Browne would be the new coach at Bell.
The coaches turning the job down should relay the message to the public of what a negative job and situation this has become with current administration. No help low pay no support at all. Only thing that kept it afloat was hard work and dedication by those close to the program in recent years. Lots of effort by coaches parents boosters and old timers who were dedicated to Bell Co football. Don't think there was support and interest from the top. Nice field came from the nickel tax from taxpayers money. It wasn't sought after because of the love of the football program from those who call the shots believe that. There's always a political motive for everything around here. Those close to the program can assure you of that. I'm afraid the county boys will pay the price for that lack of interest from downtown.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Heard today while I was in Middlesboro that Bert Browne would be the new coach at Bell.

Sounds about right to hire someone like him. Someone that got fired because they can't coach a lick. He would fit right in.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Someone would have to be crazy to consider Nathan McPeek for a head coaching job

Why? He's paid his dues been 2 years almost 3
Can't believe Adam Turner's name hasn't been connected with this job. Did a nice job in his one season at SC. Hometown guy who has coaching experience and a love for THAT program. Don't see Bell Co. getting a big time name coach.
The word is hiring Tony Tegue. Announcing tomorrow.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Sounds about right to hire someone like him. Someone that got fired because they can't coach a lick. He would fit right in.

Didn't that brown guy take a Perry Central team down to Log Mountain and put up about 500 yards on ole dud and the boys? I think that was 03. And if I am not mistaken left around 10 or so players home for discipline reason. I just remember that from listening to that game while I was driving my truck and remember them talking about it. Just saying your boy ole dud couldn't stop them from what I remember. Not sure if Perry won or not but I do remember the boys with Bell radio sure were talking about Perrys offense.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Didn't that brown guy take a Perry Central team down to Log Mountain and put up about 500 yards on ole dud and the boys? I think that was 03. And if I am not mistaken left around 10 or so players home for discipline reason. I just remember that from listening to that game while I was driving my truck and remember them talking about it. Just saying your boy ole dud couldn't stop them from what I remember. Not sure if Perry won or not but I do remember the boys with Bell radio sure were talking about Perrys offense.

Believe me they didn't win. He isn't very good he was fired at Mad Central.
I keep hearing a Corbin D-line and outside LB coach...
Not Greer... But this guy worked for Dudley too....
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Believe me they didn't win. He isn't very good he was fired at Mad Central.

Wayne was fired, Nick Saban was fired, Bill Bilichick was fired, Ritch was fired, on and on and on. Being fired has nothing to do with being a good coach.
The Eagle has landed Wrote:Wayne was fired, Nick Saban was fired, Bill Bilichick was fired, Ritch was fired, on and on and on. Being fired has nothing to do with being a good coach.

You are right but Brown is horrible and Bell all ways beat Brown. We killed him at Mad Central 55-8.
Seen on another board that Bert Browne could be Bell's next head coach...
Strikeout King Wrote:Seen on another board that Bert Browne could be Bell's next head coach...

He did not apply, inquire or communicate with anyone from Bell Co. So, probably not going to be him😄🏈
Bert Browne is a good coach. He takes it seriously too. He's left Perry multiple times and was fired at Mad Central because they wanted the man they have now in there. I think Brown had a winning season the year he was fired there.
footballfever Wrote:He did not apply, inquire or communicate with anyone from Bell Co. So, probably not going to be him😄🏈

You sure on that? I'm hearing otherwise...
bac2369 Wrote:Bert Browne is a good coach. He takes it seriously too. He's left Perry multiple times and was fired at Mad Central because they wanted the man they have now in there. I think Brown had a winning season the year he was fired there.

He was 15-30 in 4 years at Mad Central he was 2-9 the year he wa fired his only winning season was 7-5. Not very good.
Strikeout King Wrote:You sure on that? I'm hearing otherwise...

I think that it isn't true.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next