•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
If there really is a corbin coach looking I doubt it's Greer. He wants to work at the Board. Corbin has a stable of good young coaches, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of them try to cut there teeth soon as a HC. Just don't see any of them going to Bell.
I hear a Corbin assistant (not Greer) and union college assistant will be on log Mtn..... Almost a done deal.........
I have not heard his name mentioned, but he was rumored on every open job in the area last year. Greg Duncan, I'd say Bell would be lucky to get him at this point.
As a hound fan hope it's not him. Would think he is Haddix's right hand man in helping call his offense.
Let me say this, you ALL SHOULD KNOW that today admin have NO CLUE ABOUT ATHLETICS!!!! No longer are admins old coaches who actually know how to handle and staff and motivate people. Today you have English, Math or History teachers whom are Prin and Supers who never once in their lives have run anything much less a school or school system!!! BUT they did go and get a degree to be an admin so there you have it. Hell look at the Athletic Directors in Colleges now, Hell Georgia paid a firm 46,000 to find them a coach. And the guy played at Georgia, WTF!!! It sounds that is what is happening at Bell Co.
You guys just beat Knott. They were ranked number one in the mountains and will probably win the 14th region.
sorry guys didnt realize the post i was on. been a long day
I would be tickled to have coach Greer back at Bell, but there is some one out there.. I don't know who but the power to be best find them.
I work for state Hwy garage not education.. I will tell you this, if Greer coached our team this past year, the nonsense flopping would never happen..
bcpc Wrote:I hear a Corbin assistant (not Greer) and union college assistant will be on log Mtn..... Almost a done deal.........

I have just become an advisor to the hiring committee, no truth to the above. No assistant from Corbin will be at Bell. Sorry.
Bobcat4years Wrote:I would be tickled to have coach Greer back at Bell, but there is some one out there.. I don't know who but the power to be best find them.
I work for state Hwy garage not education.. I will tell you this, if Greer coached our team this past year, the nonsense flopping would never happen..

Greer could not handle the Head Coaching job the first time here. He actually got physically sick and had to go back to assistant. If you really knew him you would know that.

You are a Mills guy, he was responsible for all that happened out there.
Greer doesn't have the power to get you a job.
He handled it pretty good and left to Whitley for more money. He was asst principal, AD and head coach.. No one could do that job.. To me that is 3 full time jobs and would be hard to do..
I had no problem with Greer. I do think he's a stronger help as an assistant. I like Mills. Not in agreement with letting him go. What I'm furious about even more is letting a staff go and having no one to replace. Whoever comes in will have no support from the leadership. They have no clue what is going on and do not care. They don't even ask anyone affiliated with football to be on a committee. They banked on Woolum and he turned them down. Heard he said it was a mess here and not a good job with no help. He's right. What a mess they have turned this into.
Bobcat4years Wrote:He handled it pretty good and left to Whitley for more money. He was asst principal, AD and head coach.. No one could do that job.. To me that is 3 full time jobs and would be hard to do..

How long did that last? I do not want to get into a conversation about someone that will not be here. No Chance at All.

He has told several he is getting them a job in Corbin........that is not happening either. Mark it down. Those higher up than Greer will not go for it.

Tomorrow is another day and let's see who we approach.
Your a lier and he has not told any that.. I would like to do a three way call with you, me and Greer and let's see what a lier you are...
I am now advising the hire of a coach. Everyone is the coach? You can say whatever you want, we will make a good hire. Does that make you mad?
Bobcat4years Wrote:Your a [B]lier [/B]and he has not told any that.. I would like to do a three way call with you, me and Greer and let's see what a lier you are...

Did you go to Arjay Elementary with me? :biglmao:
WhyLie Wrote:I am now advising the hire of a coach. Everyone is the coach? You can say whatever you want, we will make a good hire. Does that make you mad?
Nope, not at all. We need a great hire.. Just need it soon so kids can get in weight room and lift.. No coaches at all is bad
Mills has a class and if he wants to continue teaching he has weightlifting. They will be in weight room .
Their is a coach that said they will do lifting after school. Things are getting back on track soon. Will have coach before school Monday.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Nope, not at all. We need a great hire.. Just need it soon so kids can get in weight room and lift.. No coaches at all is bad

Mills can and will be replaced. We replaced him, Bell will go on. Bobcat4 you seem very bitter at what happened. More to this than just a fan.

I do not see Mills still doing weight lifting. Has to be careful in what happens with this class , could be tricky.
Dudley
I am bitter and mad as hell.. My son will be a 7th grader and I've looked forward to him playing for a top program and worried to death that it's going to hell in a hand basket. I've watched football for 35 years in Bell co. Down at Old Bell high when we couldn't line up. It can get back to that quick.
It is funny, you lost Dudley Hilton and nothing, now this. Trust me , he can be replaced.......unless there is more...... Corbin is a top program ?????
panther nation Wrote:Laurel County has always had a lot of talent in all sports, but the biggest problem has been and will always be logistics. Even when there was just Laurel County and even now with North and South. Some parent's aren't going to drive 40-50 mile round trip to pick Jr up fron practice or take him to practice.

The biggest problem has been lack of coaching and recruiting if the truth is known. The Laurel County schools should be able to compete with most schools in the state on a regular basis.
Bobcat4years Wrote:I am bitter and mad as hell.. My son will be a 7th grader and I've looked forward to him playing for a top program and worried to death that it's going to hell in a hand basket. I've watched football for 35 years in Bell co. Down at Old Bell high when we couldn't line up. It can get back to that quick.

Maybe the best post you have ever made. Yes it can get bad in a hurry! You are not they only parent/fan furious over this entire circuis. Of all the coaching changes I have ever seen this 1 has been handled the worst. It shows the lack of commitment to football and any sports for that matter in Bell Co. Simply put they are not important to the leadership we have. Think about the success we have had in all sports recently, take away girls basketball because we had a once in the lifetime player. Now she is gone look were we are?? The school system does NO sports any favors. I think for the most part we have quality coaches but they are fighting up hill. How many large county schools in the state don't have a dedicated middle school?

Also I would be cautious trying to call people out by name on this message board, the tide can easily be turned.

As far as teaching and having to do the weightlifting that has nothing to do with each other. Much like the teaching and coaching, those are 2 separate jobs. Also Do you think Coach Dawson is still trying to help UK football right now???

I would love to say Bell County football will be fine and will move on but that is simply not going to happen. Sorry for the long post, I have been absent from the site for a while but had to give me 2 cents. I hope everyone has a blessed new year!
Bobcat4years Wrote:I am bitter and mad as hell.. My son will be a 7th grader and I've looked forward to him playing for a top program and worried to death that it's going to hell in a hand basket. I've watched football for 35 years in Bell co. Down at Old Bell high when we couldn't line up. It can get back to that quick.

I agree that even the most successful programs can slide quickly without the right guy in charge. Since you've been following Bell for a long time, can you review/correct the list of Bobcat head coaches below? I think I'm right for the most part, but surely Bruce Thompson wasn't the HC for six years. I think I'm missing someone. Any help appreciated.

1971-74: Tim Sowders
1975-77: Roscoe Perkins
1978-83: Bruce Thompson
1984-96: Dudley Hilton
1997-00: Tommy Greer
2001-10: Dudley Hilton, the sequel
2011-14: Wayne Mills
There was a Dean Cvitkovic or something like that in there!!!
That is correct he was before Dudley, Big guy with a crazy spin on football.
Teaching a weightlifting class during the regular school day with the football players in it , that is what he does, not separate from teaching. My understanding is, this is a part of Mills teaching duties. The principal will make the call if he keeps the class, we will see what happens. They can sell some cars during that time, if they want to.
footballfever Wrote:There was a Dean Cvitkovic or something like that in there!!!

Thanks, I knew I was forgetting someone. Perkins got Bell a little better but left for Somerset after the '77 season. Thompson's time there was a train-wreck, best I recall. I don't remember Bell being much better under Cvitkovic, either, but he couldn't have been there very long.

I do remember, though, that the Bobcats beat Middlesboro in Dudley's very first season, and the tide officially turned that year (1984). Bell County hasn't had a losing season since, I don't think.
We used to love to watch the Bell/Middlesboro game!! It was always so competitive and the atmosphere was great! Snowed sometimes, too! Smile
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next