Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coleman from PC
By any chance... Has anyone heard anything about Abby Coleman's sholder injury? Do you think it has effected PC's playing? How long is she out for? Anyone?
i heard it was a sever strain...she will be back playing in a few weeks or rather is suppost to she still has not went to a doctor for it but has been taking it easy and spending alot of time icing and heating it...I do not think it has effected the Hawks to much except for depth on the bench...they beat a pretty good East Carter team today...if im not mistaking they are playing with 2 solid guards and 3 big girls (Pennington, SLone and Lowe) which i think will work out very well for them...
Ohh... Thanks SlamaBamma.
I hope Coleman gets better soon though. I know that PC is set for now, but it's still good to have fresh legs to put out on the court to give people a break.
shes going to therophy(sorry i no that isnt how its spelled but you get the gist)
Well that really bites for pc....o well i guess slone is getting some playing time now....atleast they have somebody they can go to during a time like this one...hopefully she'll get better quick and be back out on the court soon.....good luck PC....
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:shes going to therophy(sorry i no that isnt how its spelled but you get the gist)

thanks for that update any idea on a time frame as to how long she will be out
Just an update... Coleman went to threaphy today and is doing great. She'll be back in basketball action for the hawks in 2 weeks, says my sources.

...Just for those of you who wanted to know...
ight thanx for the update
She went to the doctor the other day but they said that they do not think that it is a fracture and just a bad sprain. She told me she is in a sling and is in Physical Therapy. But she didn't say how long she will be out.
as long as she gets back a few weeks b-4 tourny we will be fine she is to good on defence to lose for the season...and is a threat around the perimeter do u all think she will come of the bench in the tourny is this 2 guard looks works
She is in a sling but very upbeat and can't wait to get back into the action. She will be back in a couple of weeks she says.
She said she is out for 2 weeks at least... She has to get an MRI done to see if it is torn and if it is torn then she will have to have surgery.
She got a letter from Dayton University in Ohio Division 1 looking at her the other day!!!! I got that from a very reliable source.
thats great to hear now lets just hope that she can get ready for tourny time she has plenty of time to worry about college lol
Indeed... Shes only a sophomore, right?
Yea... just a sophmore and getting a letter from Dayton
if she continues to improve she could go furture it great to see kids from the mountains getting this type of exposure...
Well... She's only a sophomore... Give her time to grow and more people that just Dayton will want her. But... She should be proud. Thats quite an accomplishment.
wish her a very speedy recovery!
The doctor has just cleared her to play... That is is she can stand it. She said she will have to stretch it a whole lor and still has to go to therapy since it is still seperated.
She played tonight and said her shoulder is really sore
how much time did she get tonight...and how did she look??? good to hear shes back now haley needs to get better
coleman hustled her butt off she was back but you could tell that shoulder was hurting....ratliff could have played tonight and wanted to but coach butcher said NO... i tihnk this had to do with she couldnt run without BAD PAIN..she will be back SOON
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:coleman hustled her butt off she was back but you could tell that shoulder was hurting....ratliff could have played tonight and wanted to but coach butcher said NO... i tihnk this had to do with she couldnt run without BAD PAIN..she will be back SOON

i heard haley has an appointment at UK this week
Abby played a great game defensively but you could tell that her shot is still being affected by the injury cause normally she is a real good shooter and tonight she didn't hit anything.
Hawksfan Wrote:Abby played a great game defensively but you could tell that her shot is still being affected by the injury cause normally she is a real good shooter and tonight she didn't hit anything.

You are correct, she played awesome defense tonight on JC's guards. You can tell her sholder is still hurting and her shot isn't near where it needs to be. It almost looks as if she is shooting with a different hand than normal.
eaglehoops Wrote:You are correct, she played awesome defense tonight on JC's guards. You can tell her sholder is still hurting and her shot isn't near where it needs to be. It almost looks as if she is shooting with a different hand than normal.

nah thats how she always shots lol that is if it looked like she was shooting w/ her left hand...idk her shot has always looked a little funky but until she got hurt normaly went in
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:nah thats how she always shots lol that is if it looked like she was shooting w/ her left hand...idk her shot has always looked a little funky but until she got hurt normaly went in

you're absolutely right. Smile
Yulp she will get the shot back ,but her forms always been a little funky