Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AHSAA Bans player because of $800 USA Basketball Check
What’s your guys thoughts ?

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article...-statement
Stupid, ludicrous, ignorant. Those words describe this situation

The young lady returned the money and the USA basketball president even tried apologizing for her to the athletic commission to no success.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I really don't understand the nonsensical, completely disconnected from reality type of decisions that some of these administrative organizations make. All they've managed to do is ruin a young ladies high school basketball career over a simple mistake. Brilliance.
The longer this situtation goes, AHSAA looks worse. USA baksetball admits it was a clerical error. The young lady refunded the money. She should be eligible to play her senior year.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I really don't understand the nonsensical, completely disconnected from reality type of decisions that some of these administrative organizations make. All they've managed to do is ruin a young ladies high school basketball career over a simple mistake. Brilliance.

The decision was easy based on the rule, and its the correct one. The issue is the rule, which (just like in Kentucky with the KHSAA) it is up to the membership to have the rule changed. (which Kentucky did 2 years ago or so).
plantmanky Wrote:The decision was easy based on the rule, and its the correct one. The issue is the rule, which (just like in Kentucky with the KHSAA) it is up to the membership to have the rule changed. (which Kentucky did 2 years ago or so).

I mean I get that, procedure must be followed and all of that, but, the rule should be changed. Hopefully they can avoid situations like this in the future.
The court overruled the association and they have set the young lady free to play the rest of the season!

Justice served!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL