Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Football 2016
The really sad thing is the way the SEC looked this weekend, other than Bama, it looks ripe for someone new to make a move up in the pecking order. For about a half, I thought it might be us. I should have known better than that.
We can't beat Louisville, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia,Alabama doubt we beat Vanda or Missy St. Only sec wins that maybe and I mean maybe is Missouri and South Carolina. Just don't see how we can get enough wins to make a bowl.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
UK won't be within 50 of Louisville. As a matter of fact, they should make sure the scoreboard at Papa Johns stadium will go to three digits. I'm afraid Petrino may actually hit 100 Confusednicker:
But but but let's not hire petrino because of his baggage even tho he can give you a top 20 team. Instead let's hire reject after reject after reject.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:But but but let's not hire petrino because of his baggage even tho he can give you a top 20 team. Instead let's hire reject after reject after reject.
Exactly.
Van Hagar Wrote:I lay a lot of this one at the feet of our supposedly great secondary. Ok we picked off three passes, but how in the world do you get scorched deep at the end of the first half when that should be your primary focus? That touchdown gave them hope. Then on the first series of the second half McClain drops an interception that any peewee player would have caught, right to him. Of course if you've ever seen a UK football game you knew what was coming after that. They were gonna go on and score and then win the game. Which they did. Seen this movie before, already know how it ends.

You must have not watched the game. the secondary were the only defenders that showed up. Our front seven is the worst in the sec and one of the worst in the country probably. Belfrys front seven is probably better. If Southern Miss can run for that much on us, imagine what Bama, Georgia, Tennessee and Louisville will do.
IMO Mark Stoops knew that he could never succeed at Kentucky but saw a chance to make some big money and jumped on it! I have no clue why a Coach of a SEC team would start a walk- on at Left tackle? Why have a walk-on returning punts? Stoops needs to burn his copy of the DVD "Rudy" and play his 5 Star Left tackle, then put his best Athlete back there to return punts! Another observation I made is the fact that Matt Elam couldn't Start at Belfry right now let alone a SEC team! Belfry has the best inside D-linemen I have saw in long time but Stoops has failed to offer him a chance to play at UK!
panther nation Wrote:We can't beat Louisville, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia,Alabama doubt we beat Vanda or Missy St. Only sec wins that maybe and I mean maybe is Missouri and South Carolina. Just don't see how we can get enough wins to make a bowl.

South Carolina beat Vandy this weekend. So idk how you can say we cant beat Vandy but can beat S. Carolina.
dore20 Wrote:You must have not watched the game. the secondary were the only defenders that showed up. Our front seven is the worst in the sec and one of the worst in the country probably. Belfrys front seven is probably better. If Southern Miss can run for that much on us, imagine what Bama, Georgia, Tennessee and Louisville will do.

Uh, yeah I watched the game, sadly I was there. My point is we knew we were in trouble with our front seven, not a surprise they got gashed. But our secondary was supposed to bail us out, and I think the two biggest plays of the game were plays they completely botched.
What baffles me is the continued use of a 3-4 defense when our discussion lineman suck horribly. Our one supposed strength is our defensive secondary so use a 4-3 and let the backs do there job. Instead we rely on fat both elam and a couple of no names who get ran on like toilet paper. How elliott was allowed to walk out of the stadium with his job is beyond me.
Not to mention the fact that we have a 5 star offensive lineman we refuse to use and instead redshirt and use a walk on garbage tackle instead.
I hope Florida breaks every ncaa record in the book saturday. The fact that we could of had petrino and settled for this garbage makes me sick.
We even had some on here that didn't want him. It baffles me. Winning is all that matters. Nothing else.
honestjchsfan Wrote:IMO Mark Stoops knew that he could never succeed at Kentucky but saw a chance to make some big money and jumped on it! I have no clue why a Coach of a SEC team would start a walk- on at Left tackle? Why have a walk-on returning punts? Stoops needs to burn his copy of the DVD "Rudy" and play his 5 Star Left tackle, then put his best Athlete back there to return punts! Another observation I made is the fact that Matt Elam couldn't Start at Belfry right now let alone a SEC team! Belfry has the best inside D-linemen I have saw in long time but Stoops has failed to offer him a chance to play at UK!

:dontthink
To me, the only way Stoops keeps his job after this season if he doesn't make a bowl game is to end the streak against Florida. I believe Wildcat fans will give him one more season even if he doesn't make a bowl game if they beat Florida and end the streak. Joker got as many years as he did because he ended the Tennessee streak and the Spurrier streak. If Stoops ends the UF streak then he gets one more season if he wins at least 5 games. Win 4 and you are done no matter what.
Also, I believe the extension was to help with recruiting. The extension gave a show of confidence to Mark Stoops and recruits so that he can go into recruits home and more easily sell them on long-term sustainability. I don't think that was an extension because of the belief in wins and losses.
Sorry guys but the buyout to fire Stoops is beyond ridiculous. If they fired him today they wouldn't be able to hire anyone to replace him with. We are stuck with him till after next season when the buyout drops by about half. Just hang it up for UK football. Now Elliot on the other hand hasn't shown me one reason he should have a job still.
Cats were terrible. Got manhandled up front.
Losing to Southern Miss in that way... Still has me sick today. Watching Louisville from the Stands... turn around this year first game and LOSE in the exactly the SAME WAY. I couldn't believe it had happened, I left my buddies house at half time going ohhh man this is GREAT! Best Saturday Ever!..... Then... well you know the rest of the story. Makes me sick, makes me want to just give up on UK football ever having a decent team ever.

Is there anyone or anything that someone could say to restore faith?
Admin of Kentuckynerd.com
Please come listen to the podcast and read some articles.
It's going to be another long year if we can't start finishing games and the season for that matter. We started off the season last year great and it just seemed like they laid down towards the end. Same as last weekend against Southern Miss. Came out in the first half on fire and completely laid down after halftime. We have a good team with great players but if you don't play a whole 4 quarters, you're not going to beat anyone. We have to start keeping our foot on the pedal. Not letting up. They let Southern Miss get a last second touchdown before half time to make it 35 17. Should have been 35 10 but they got caught sleeping. That can't happen!