•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2016
Iron Horse Wrote:The Allen kid from JC was the backup quarterback last year I thought. I remember watching him play at Porter Elementary. I thought he even went to some QB camps? Surely they did not replace him. If he is not the QB I would say the young Phelps kid will be.

Actually he is from Floyd Co.
Eagle84 Wrote:I slow it down for you some, K What % of kids playing for JC comes from other schools. I would guess max 10% in Paintsville Case you up around 60%. Do I need to S P E L L it out for you.

I helped coach at Paintsville in 2010. We had just as many kids who started out in a county school. Nobody gave a shit about it then, so why all the crying about it now. I can tell ya exactly why, because we are winning and JC is no longer the only school in Johnson County in the spotlight. It kills some of yalls souls that Paintsville got all of the attention that they did last year. Its pathetic that grown adults are the ones whining and crying about all of this. What's more pathetic is grown adults getting on social media accusing Paintsville's coaches of recruiting the kids from JC.
Iron Horse Wrote:The Allen kid from JC was the backup quarterback last year I thought. I remember watching him play at Porter Elementary. I thought he even went to some QB camps? Surely they did not replace him. If he is not the QB I would say the young Phelps kid will be.

Let me get this straight. You are a LC guy, just started supporting JC a few years ago because you know a few of the guys on the coaching staff, but yet you remember watching Allen play at Porter Elem?

:dudecomeon:
Redneck Wrote:I helped coach at Paintsville in 2010. We had just as many kids who started out in a county school. Nobody gave a shit about it then, so why all the crying about it now. I can tell ya exactly why, because we are winning and JC is no longer the only school in Johnson County in the spotlight. It kills some of yalls souls that Paintsville got all of the attention that they did last year. Its pathetic that grown adults are the ones whining and crying about all of this. What's more pathetic is grown adults getting on social media accusing Paintsville's coaches of recruiting the kids from JC.

both schools along with a large list of other schools in the state recruit. don't lie and say they dont:biggrin:
Something that I haven't seen brought up in this thread or the JC thread......

Before I was in school, during school and now being out of school, I've heard parents and kids on both sides say they are transferring for one reason or another. Mainly because they have gotten upset or mad at somebody associated with the team or school or something didn't go according to their plans..... and they are wanting somebody to beg them to stay and tell them how valuable they are to the team.

It's like transferring from one to the other is the ultimate 'Up Yours' to their former school.
Most of the time, if a player transfers to a school in the same city, their heart & head wasn't in the right place anyways. Wish them well, but at least you aren't playing with kids who don't want to be out their giving their 110%. I've heard this from just about every coach I know..... 'If you don't want to run out to your spot on the field, somebody will."

Belfry & Pikeville are proof that two 15th region teams from the same county can have success in the same sport. Not sure how many players from Pikeville started at Belfry and Vise Versa. but it can be done. Transfers, recruits.... whatever term you want to use.... when a player does leave a team, it just means the current players have to step their game up to take up the slack.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Redneck Wrote:Let me get this straight. You are a LC guy, just started supporting JC a few years ago because you know a few of the guys on the coaching staff, but yet you remember watching Allen play at Porter Elem?

:dudecomeon:

If you will check into my history a little more Genius (Creeper) you will read that I have always enjoyed watching the Johnson County youth league because LC does not really have a great youth program. Plus I had a nephew that went to W.R.
I never really had a lot against Paintsville but I guess you know you are a Paintsville fan when you start calling out other people and start thinking everyone is wrong but you.
Johnson is really the only team in this area that reminds me of what LC used to be.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Something that I haven't seen brought up in this thread or the JC thread......

Before I was in school, during school and now being out of school, I've heard parents and kids on both sides say they are transferring for one reason or another. Mainly because they have gotten upset or mad at somebody associated with the team or school or something didn't go according to their plans..... and they are wanting somebody to beg them to stay and tell them how valuable they are to the team.

It's like transferring from one to the other is the ultimate 'Up Yours' to their former school.
Most of the time, if a player transfers to a school in the same city, their heart & head wasn't in the right place anyways. Wish them well, but at least you aren't playing with kids who don't want to be out their giving their 110%. I've heard this from just about every coach I know..... 'If you don't want to run out to your spot on the field, somebody will."

Belfry & Pikeville are proof that two 15th region teams from the same county can have success in the same sport. Not sure how many players from Pikeville started at Belfry and Vise Versa. but it can be done. Transfers, recruits.... whatever term you want to use.... when a player does leave a team, it just means the current players have to step their game up to take up the slack.
I actually did say that maybe some should look at their own coach as to why some of these boys transferred, and I was told I was stupid, lol. But this is a good post Pulp.
Iron Horse Wrote:If you will check into my history a little more Genius (Creeper) you will read that I have always enjoyed watching the Johnson County youth league because LC does not really have a great youth program. Plus I had a nephew that went to W.R.
I never really had a lot against Paintsville but I guess you know you are a Paintsville fan when you start calling out other people and start thinking everyone is wrong but you.
Johnson is really the only team in this area that reminds me of what LC used to be.

Aint nobody creeping. You said earlier in this thread that you just started supporting JC the last few years because you knew some of the coaching staff and that they were stand up guys. As far as calling people out, yes I'll call em out when they get on here accusing our coaches of recruiting and all that BS, cause that's exactly what it is, BS. I support JC, always have unless they are playing Paintsville. Anybody that knows me knows that, even the JC faithful.
I leave for a week and the place goes to hell
TigerBlues Wrote:I leave for a week and the place goes to hell
1st rule of BGR Fight Club: Vacation during dead period. Lol
PHSForever Wrote:1st rule of BGR Fight Club: Vacation during dead period. Lol

I need to remember that PHS :ChairHit:
Redneck Wrote:I helped coach at Paintsville in 2010. We had just as many kids who started out in a county school. Nobody gave a shit about it then, so why all the crying about it now. I can tell ya exactly why, because we are winning and JC is no longer the only school in Johnson County in the spotlight. It kills some of yalls souls that Paintsville got all of the attention that they did last year. Its pathetic that grown adults are the ones whining and crying about all of this. What's more pathetic is grown adults getting on social media accusing Paintsville's coaches of recruiting the kids from JC.

I call BS get and old roster and prove it.
[quote=Redneck]I helped coach at Paintsville in 2010. We had just as many kids who started out in a county school. Nobody gave a shit about it then, so why all the crying about it now. I can tell ya exactly why, because we are winning and JC is no longer the only school in Johnson County in the spotlight. It kills some of yalls souls that Paintsville got all of the attention that they did last year. Its pathetic that grown adults are the ones whining and crying about all of this. What's more pathetic is grown adults getting on social media accusing Paintsville's coaches of recruiting the kids from JC.[/QUOTES

What would you call when a coach at Paintsville gives a business card / recruiting card with his name and number on it?
Eagle84 Wrote:What would you call when a coach at Paintsville gives a business card / recruiting card with his name and number on it?

I tried telling yall in that stupid thread yall started about the "making of a D1 factory" that the card was nothing like what yall were trying to imply. It was his own cousin, his own cousin that was already going to send her kids to Paintsville. One of these days you people are gonna start listening to me.
Eagle84 Wrote:I call BS get and old roster and prove it.

Here ya go bub, pick out your county kids. And on a side note, there's a few from other counties on here as well, but go ahead and pick out our JC boys.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k.../?id=32515
People need to quit getting their panties in a wad. Chirico isn't recruiting anymore than Haywood. The truth is, when you are a GREAT coach and you are WINNING, people find you. You don't have to find them. I guess to satisfy the jealous ones, coach Chirico and Haywood, needs to tell these kids "no you can't play for me" "because other kids parents don't like it". Grow Up Guys.
Eagle84 Wrote:[quote=Redneck]I helped coach at Paintsville in 2010. We had just as many kids who started out in a county school. Nobody gave a shit about it then, so why all the crying about it now. I can tell ya exactly why, because we are winning and JC is no longer the only school in Johnson County in the spotlight. It kills some of yalls souls that Paintsville got all of the attention that they did last year. Its pathetic that grown adults are the ones whining and crying about all of this. What's more pathetic is grown adults getting on social media accusing Paintsville's coaches of recruiting the kids from JC.[/QUOTES

What would you call when a coach at Paintsville gives a business card / recruiting card with his name and number on it?

I didn't want to have to do this but I have to let the Tiger out the bag. The reason for the business cards have been a well kept secret that I must reveal. The cards being handed out are because we are recruiting the kids from the Governors Cup team at JC. There I've said it and feel ashamed that my former school would stoop so low on academic levels such as this. We are grabbing all the D1 Governors Cup kids we can :flame:
Redneck Wrote:I tried telling yall in that stupid thread yall started about the "making of a D1 factory" that the card was nothing like what yall were trying to imply. It was his own cousin, his own cousin that was already going to send her kids to Paintsville. One of these days you people are gonna start listening to me.

First, I was not trying to "imply" anything the facts speak for themselves. You give an 8th Grader a business and tell him you make him D-1 kid seems to me to be clear cut.
The incident you refer to above has nothing to do with the incident I was referring about. The incident that I was referring about the kid is attending JCHS.
Can anyone tell me of another incident where a high school football program coach was given out business cards to middle schoolers? What would you call that Redneck?
Eagle84 Wrote:First, I was not trying to "imply" anything the facts speak for themselves. You give an 8th Grader a business and tell him you make him D-1 kid seems to me to be clear cut.
The incident you refer to above has nothing to do with the incident I was referring about. The incident that I was referring about the kid is attending JCHS.
Can anyone tell me of another incident where a high school football program coach was given out business cards to middle schoolers? What would you call that Redneck?

84 I respect you're passion in this but unless Matlock is on retainer just let this go away and enjoy the JC football season and best to them
UpYours Wrote:People need to quit getting their panties in a wad. Chirico isn't recruiting anymore than Haywood. The truth is, when you are a GREAT coach and you are WINNING, people find you. You don't have to find them. I guess to satisfy the jealous ones, coach Chirico and Haywood, needs to tell these kids "no you can't play for me" "because other kids parents don't like it". Grow Up Guys.

You are 100 % correct is stating that winning attracts kids. But it very difficult to explain a coach on Paintsville team passing out Business Cards to 8th Grades from other school systems other than recruiting.
TigerBlues Wrote:[quote=Eagle84]

I didn't want to have to do this but I have to let the Tiger out the bag. The reason for the business cards have been a well kept secret that I must reveal. The cards being handed out are because we are recruiting the kids from the Governors Cup team at JC. There I've said it and feel ashamed that my former school would stoop so low on academic levels such as this. We are grabbing all the D1 Governors Cup kids we can :flame:

Just curious, the “recruiting cards” sorry, business cards for Governors Cup kids any better quality then the football ones? The football cards look cheap; they had no color and only on one side. (Budget issues)
Eagle84 Wrote:[quote=TigerBlues]

Just curious, the “recruiting cards” sorry, business cards for Governors Cup kids any better quality then the football ones? The football cards look cheap; they had no color and only on one side. (Budget issues)

I like it 84, good one Confusednicker:
TigerBlues Wrote:[quote=Eagle84]

I like it 84, good one Confusednicker:

Just having some fun. I do wish some good football to be played on both side of the creek. Like to see KP run for a 1 mile or more.
Eagle84 Wrote:[quote=TigerBlues]

Just having some fun. I do wish some good football to be played on both side of the creek. Like to see KP run for a 1 mile or more.

You mean run across the creek?TongueirateSho
Actually.... JC's and Paintsville's football fields ARE ON THE SAME SIDE of 'The Creek.' You don't go across 'The Creek' if you take a left out of JC and take Rt. 321 to Paintsville's football field.

The actual school buildings are on opposite sides in Paint Creek.

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1470950713]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Actually.... JC's and Paintsville's football fields ARE ON THE SAME SIDE of 'The Creek.' You don't go across 'The Creek' if you take a left out of JC and take Rt. 321 to Paintsville's football field.

The actual school buildings are on opposite sides in Paint Creek.

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1470950713]

So unless you are allowed to play for the other team without switching schools you have to cross the creek?
Eagle84 Wrote:First, I was not trying to "imply" anything the facts speak for themselves. You give an 8th Grader a business and tell him you make him D-1 kid seems to me to be clear cut.

So the incident I'm speaking about isn't the same incident that started the D1 factory thread? Funny that now all of a sudden there are other instances of this happening. But before you blab on anymore about this garbage , why don't you enlighten everyone and tell how many transfers are on that 2010 roster I posted for ya, since ya didn't believe me.
What did Matney's card look like back in 2007?
Johnson Central Alumni maybe need to stop worrying about a 1A school and sports. Education is more important [attachment=o3388]
Redneck Wrote:So the incident I'm speaking about isn't the same incident that started the D1 factory thread? Funny that now all of a sudden there are other instances of this happening. But before you blab on anymore about this garbage , why don't you enlighten everyone and tell how many transfers are on that 2010 roster I posted for ya, since ya didn't believe me.

Hell, I believe the 1967 Paintsville team had 3 from Meade, 4 Flat Gap, 3 Oil Springs on the team, if that help you out support in your case.

Second, how do I know how many business cards (ConfusednickerSmile Paintsville coaches have passed out? The tacts are that a coach on Paintsville staff made(poorly) business cards and passed them out to kids from other school systems.

Last, seem like to me that would be call recruitment, not sure if you can fully understand that or not.
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next