•  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2016
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I wouldn't imagine Bryn Tucker starting or playing very much. As an incoming freshman the kid has a ton of potential, but as of right now I wouldn't think he is ready.

I am not sure I would rule that out considering how many Freshman have started or played for Belfry that play on this current team

Ray Horton- Started at DT
Cole Bentley- Started at TE, played at DT
Austin Hall- Started at DE
Austin Woolum- Started at K, played at DB and SE
Cameron Catron- Part Time Starter at S
Devin Varney- Started at DB
Justin Adkins- Started at S
Avery Browning- Started two games at QB

*Jordan Scott- Started at Pikeville as a Freshman*

Not to mention Belfry has two more Freshmen that have a very strong chance of starting this season as well.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am not sure I would rule that out considering how many Freshman have started or played for Belfry that play on this current team

Ray Horton- Started at DT
Cole Bentley- Started at TE, played at DT
Austin Hall- Started at DE
Austin Woolum- Started at K, played at DB and SE
Cameron Catron- Part Time Starter at S
Devin Varney- Started at DB
Justin Adkins- Started at S
Avery Browning- Started two games at QB

Not to mention Belfry has two more Freshmen that have a very strong chance of starting this season as well.

I agree completely. He has a ton of upside so I would completely understand if he is starting for them. I guess I should have said if he is starting Belfry Dlinemen will take advantage of him. I've coached against Tucker and the Belfry kids you mentioned while they were at that age. Belfry kids were stronger and more physically mature at that age (they also had a nasty side to them). Bryn has a big frame, but is still maturing. He will be a monster after a couple years in the weight room.
Single biggest issue for Belfry will be staying healthy. The desire for a 4 straight 3A title appears to be stronger than ever. The Upperclassmen are working hard and appear to be setting a good example of work ethic for the freshman and soph's. But....staying healthy is an absolute must. Unfortunately, they're already had a couple of underclassmen go down to knee injuries in non-contact drills.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Single biggest issue for Belfry will be staying healthy. The desire for a 4 straight 3A title appears to be stronger than ever. The Upperclassmen are working hard and appear to be setting a good example of work ethic for the freshman and soph's. But....staying healthy is an absolute must. Unfortunately, they're already had a couple of underclassmen go down to knee injuries in non-contact drills.

From what I also hear a lot of the starters have had a rash of minor injuries as well...but nothing too serious. Helmet and shorts and 7 on 7 has been as dangerous for Belfry as a 15 game season playing full speed it seems HAHA

I totally agree with you though... staying healthy will be key especially when you have guys playing two ways because they are simply so dominant on both sides of the ball. One injury to a two way starter means you lose two players instead of one.

I have joked offline wit folks..but for as valuable as Austin Woolum is to this team I kind of hope Haywood says "When you kickoff you sprint your butt backwards to the 15 and don't even think of tackling someone unless they are about to cross the goal line"
EKUAlum05 Wrote:From what I also hear a lot of the starters have had a rash of minor injuries as well...but nothing too serious. Helmet and shorts and 7 on 7 has been as dangerous for Belfry as a 15 game season playing full speed it seems HAHA

I totally agree with you though... staying healthy will be key especially when you have guys playing two ways because they are simply so dominant on both sides of the ball. One injury to a two way starter means you lose two players instead of one.

I have joked offline wit folks..but for as valuable as Austin Woolum is to this team I kind of hope Haywood says "When you kickoff you sprint your butt backwards to the 15 and don't even think of tackling someone unless they are about to cross the goal line"

I agree on Woolum. He's an X factor that the opposition rarely plans for. His ability to put kickoffs in to the endzone is a powerful weapon. Not to mention his FG and extra point accuracy and range. Not sure what his college plans are...but he definitely has the ability to kick on Saturdays somewhere
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I agree on Woolum. He's an X factor that the opposition rarely plans for. His ability to put kickoffs in to the endzone is a powerful weapon. Not to mention his FG and extra point accuracy and range. Not sure what his college plans are...but he definitely has the ability to kick on Saturdays somewhere

Yes Austin has done a great job for us and I hope he decides to take his kicking skills somewhere so we can watch him on Saturday's he's been taking it easy so far he turned he's ankle a week before practice started so he's not going all out yet but by far the best kicker we have had.
You belfry fans let some of us know how that 7 on 7 goes later on tonight....
bac2369 Wrote:You belfry fans let some of us know how that 7 on 7 goes later on tonight....

The 7 on 7 has been canceled because of the weather
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:The 7 on 7 has been canceled because of the weather

They going to make it up Friday?
bac2369 Wrote:They going to make it up Friday?

I don't know until Devin gets home from practice he text me and said they wasn't going to have it I didn't go to practice it was still raining
bac2369 Wrote:They going to make it up Friday?

I gave in and went on down in the rain and there going to have there 7 on 7
in the morning but I'm glad I went down they looked really fast and it was raining you wouldn't believe how quick and fast they are and it's just two weeks in everything's looking great on Pond Creek
I look for Belfry to run the table this season if they stay focused!
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I gave in and went on down in the rain and there going to have there 7 on 7
in the morning but I'm glad I went down they looked really fast and it was raining you wouldn't believe how quick and fast they are and it's just two weeks in everything's looking great on Pond Creek

If your going back in the morning tell how it goes?? I hear they are starting around 9am....
bac2369 Wrote:If your going back in the morning tell how it goes?? I hear they are starting around 9am....

Yea I'm going I'll post how it goes
Thanks...
Let me know how Ben does 99Piratefan. Headed to Houston this morning.
proud44pirate Wrote:Let me know how Ben does 99Piratefan. Headed to Houston this morning.

10-4 we'll do getting ready to head down in a minute
99PIRATEFAN how's that #51 Wolford kid progressing? Here he's going to be a Stud on that O-Line once the Seniors are gone! LOL! All joking aside, this kid is going to be special. Our entire incoming freshman class is going to be special. Pirates are looking strong for at least the next 4 to 5 years. Can't wait until kickoff!!!
You be safe out there proud44pirate. Don't let those Texas folks talk smack about our mountain football! Lol
twolford29 Wrote:99PIRATEFAN how's that #51 Wolford kid progressing? Here he's going to be a Stud on that O-Line once the Seniors are gone! LOL! All joking aside, this kid is going to be special. Our entire incoming freshman class is going to be special. Pirates are looking strong for at least the next 4 to 5 years. Can't wait until kickoff!!!

In all honesty he's going to be a great one he loves the game and wants to be out there now playing and that's what it takes and yes the whole freshman class is a good bunch we don't rebuild we reload. #3 and #51 that my boys
proud44pirate Wrote:Let me know how Ben does 99Piratefan. Headed to Houston this morning.

Hey buddy he looked good today they mostly had him on defense him and Payton both looked good but the whole team looked really good today
bac2369 Wrote:Thanks...

Both QB's looked good today we did a good job today Woolum and Catron still aren't practicing yet but I watched them today they look like there ready anytime I watched the lineman running and they are looking good as well
Right now it's looking good on Pond Creek
Wolford should be busting his tail from now until next August to try to take the reigns at center in 2017. No doubt in my mind he's capable.
He's worked really hard over the summer. The kid stayed in the gym at the middle school and high school when he wasn't at camp. It's there if he wants it bad enough.
twolford29 Wrote:He's worked really hard over the summer. The kid stayed in the gym at the middle school and high school when he wasn't at camp. It's there if he wants it bad enough.

Trust me, I know! He's a great kid and came down to work out with our middle schoolers on days the HS was off. He's come a LONG way. Hopefully he ain't done growing yet, either.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Both QB's looked good today we did a good job today Woolum and Catron still aren't practicing yet but I watched them today they look like there ready anytime I watched the lineman running and they are looking good as well
Right now it's looking good on Pond Creek

How did each defense fair?
Can anyone offer a little more detailed account of how the 7 v 7 went? Who looked good so on and so forth?
Our db's looked good Wellman didn't practice today Ryan Jessie looked really good at defensive end and wideout I look for Jessie to replace TJ at defensive end
eagles2011 Wrote:Might should sign wheeling central wouldn't trust Cleveland bunch,

I wouldn't be surprised if they backed out. Would be a long trip to be down 40 at half. From the looks of things warrensville heights is way over there heads. I know games ain't played on a computer, but calpreps has belfry winning 58-0. It says belfry would beat shelby valley 62-0 so there is a descent comparison for you.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if they backed out. Would be a long trip to be down 40 at half. From the looks of things warrensville heights is way over there heads. I know games ain't played on a computer, but calpreps has belfry winning 58-0. It says belfry would beat shelby valley 62-0 so there is a descent comparison for you.

They signed a contract we had already sent the contract back to them when we found out Wheeling Central was open trust me Coach would have rather had a team like that but at the time that's all we could find but if they back out it will cost them some money
  •  Previous
  • 14(current)
  • Next