•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2016
Any word on the game with the Cleveland Oh team yet. Always heard how good Texas high school football was so good. Been disappointing watching some of them practice down here. Watched two teams that are suppose to be D1 feeder schools. They each only had 3-4 kids that may have started at Belfry. Over rated football here.
DALE Wrote:Personally, I thought they were a Top 5 team last year. This year will be no exception as long as they stay healthy. I was told they started practice today, any rough estimates on numbers? I expect Cameron Catron to have a HUGE year for the Pirates.

We finished 4th in the state rankings last year
samson81 Wrote:Off the top of my head, Male, Trinity, Bowling Green, and maybe Lafayette are the only teams I would favor over Belfry. Belfry and South Warren seem to be on equal footing.

Statewide top 5 is rarified air, especially for a 3A mountain school. If the Pirates can navigate their schedule unbeaten, they'll definitely be breathing that air.

Last years rankings was
1 Male
2 Trinity
3 South Warren
4 Belfry
And we going to be just as good this year I think this mountain school has been breathing that air ol buddy
Well its finally here Christmas on Pond Creek the first day of practice
Marry Christmas Pond Creek Nation
First day of practice glad to see this
I agree. But our coaches and kids always seem to pull it out when know one thinks it's even possible. The coaching staff will always keep us competitive.
Really all I can say is HUGE and FAST and the kids are glad to be back at it
how about Wheeling Central Catholic (Wheeling, WV) for game #10. They recently came up having an open week the same as Belfry. IMO Belfry would win but it'd be a great game, even if WCC is WV class A.
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:how about Wheeling Central Catholic (Wheeling, WV) for game #10. They recently came up having an open week the same as Belfry. IMO Belfry would win but it'd be a great game, even if WCC is WV class A.

If they are open I say jump all over that!

Wheeling Central Catholic is a powerhouse and has won too many titles to count.They typically schedule a ton of quality Ohio opponents or much bigger schools.

4 Hour Drive would be equivalent to some of these Knoxville trips
http://www.wvtailgatecentral.com/forum_t...956.0.html

One of the Ohio opponents folded, they're now open the same week as us.
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:http://www.wvtailgatecentral.com/forum_t...956.0.html

One of the Ohio opponents folded, they're now open the same week as us.

I heard We signed a contract we and sent it back just waiting on the other team but I will show some of the coaches this thanks buddy
Wheeling Central would be a great opponent, and they play at "The Island" in Wheeling,
so a decent place to play a game!

Record since 2004; (117-33)

Class "AA" State Titles;
Class "A" State Titles;
2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011
Belfry Football Twitter Account just posted:

belfry has signed Warrenville Heights, OH to a gamer on 10/14 at Belfry to complete the Pirates 2016 schedule.
According to Twitter, Belfry will play
Warrensville Heights at Belfry, 10/14.
MCMiner247 Wrote:According to Twitter, Belfry will play

Bad timing I guess

Man that Wheeling game would have been a fun one to add.

Maybe Belfry and WCC can get together for the 2017 and 2018 cycle and work something out
DB from Kingsport would be the game if it could be worked out

Might want to ask the Johnson central staff about this bunch I think this is the team that waited a week before the game and cancelled on us I think two years ago , I'm not for sure but seems like it was ,
eagles2011 Wrote:Might want to ask the Johnson central staff about this bunch I think this is the team that waited a week before the game and cancelled on us I think two years ago , I'm not for sure but seems like it was ,

Did a little research and you would be correct

These guys backed out on JC like a week or so before the game
Belfry has a good number out....roughly 65-70. Definitely agree with the previous poster who stated "big and fast". Barring injury...this Belfry team will be fast....real fast. Overall... Maybe the fastest team ever at Belfry. Taveon Hunter has really worked hard....and his speed has increased dramatically. The offensive line measurables would rival many college teams. 6'6 310, 6'5 280, 6'4 270...and so it goes. it's still awfully early....but it doesn't appear this team is resting on it's laurels.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Did a little research and you would be correct

These guys backed out on JC like a week or so before the game

Might should sign wheeling central wouldn't trust Cleveland bunch,
Watched these boy's practice this morning. They seem to have it going on. Working hard, staying after practice to work on feet, hand and speed. I have no doubt this will be the best over all. Shouldn't be every many teams that can play with them. What I'd like to see them filter the younger O-line and D-line in some. They need the extra game time.
Official number was 71 last I heard.
Anyone go to the 7 on 7 with Hazard,,, I watched about 20 minutes from a little after 7 when they were on both sides of the field with each offense going against defenses... Hazards offense looked good as well as defense.. Belfry QB has a good thrown ball and hit some open receivers...
bac2369 Wrote:Anyone go to the 7 on 7 with Hazard,,, I watched about 20 minutes from a little after 7 when they were on both sides of the field with each offense going against defenses... Hazards offense looked good as well as defense.. Belfry QB has a good thrown ball and hit some open receivers...

The last half we looked really good
A Belfry vs Wheeling Central game would have been interesting on paper, but games are not played on paper.

Wheeling Central is good, this Central team might be its best since 2007, but honestly couldn't beat Belfry.
Another Belfry question:

The contract with Cabell Midland in Ona, WV is up after this season.
Midland is looking for a game in 2017, Is Belfry going to renew the contract with Cabell Midland?
Warrenville Heights is Division 5 Region 15 in Ohio

Other Ohio schools that are D5 to compare with:
Wheelersburg
Chillicothe
Ironton

Ohio has 7 divisions D1 being the biggest and D7 being the smallest

Warrensville Heights records since 2007
15 3-7
14 2-8
13 0-10
12 1-9
11 3-7
10 1-9
09 5-5
08 2-8
07 7-3

Not too bad of a distance for fans, Google-wise. Similar to championship distance. Shortest routes:

Belfry - Warrensville Heights 326 miles, 5h 3m
Belfry - Bowling Green 292 miles, 4h 51m

Just 12 more minutes drive time. Again, according to Google Maps.
As someone who visits Cleveland a few times a year and Bowling Green once a year, give me the Cleveland drive every time.
Belfry0304 Wrote:As someone who visits Cleveland a few times a year and Bowling Green once a year, give me the Cleveland drive every time.

Definitely. Once out of town, it's virtually 65 and 70 the whole way. Assuming it will be a home and home series.

But the Bowling Green drive means more. ha.
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next