•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2016
I like the schedule even minus the one game. The stretch of NCC, Pikeville, Knox Catholic, and Midland is great IMO, and JC to close it out is always a good test. If you are gonna play a couple of teams down in class, you might as well play two of the best in Pikeville and NCC and each of those teams will be ranked from 1-3 or 4 in their respective classes in their states with JC a top team also. Mental focus and the timing of injuries wlll be the key for Belfry.
kids03 Wrote:Do not ever remember Rockastle in a State Championship Game. Doubt if they ever made it to State Semi's. They were mostly a a Regional contender at best

http://khsaa.org/records/football/fbcham...scores.pdf

2001 and 2002 State Runner-Up to Boyle
EKUAlum05 Wrote:http://khsaa.org/records/football/fbcham...scores.pdf

2001 and 2002 State Runner-Up to Boyle
Has RC been anywhere near there in recent years?
Might want to get in touch with south warren looking like warren central might not be fielding a team
John Hardin
Bowling green
South warren
Anderson county
Warren east is on the 16 Oct might be able work something out if warren central having trouble fielding team
So glad to see the excitement around the high for football season to get started. Go Pirates
I guess it's going to be a 9 game regular season but I can't wait for some football come on August
Did any kids follow Jones to Phelps. Has any left for Mingo Central
Belfry4life Wrote:Did any kids follow Jones to Phelps. Has any left for Mingo Central

I did hear that an OL did/has planned on transferring to Phelps. Don't want to put his name out here in case the info is inaccurate. However, that's the only one I've heard of .
I'm assuming it's one that is originally from Phelps.?.?
I'm sure it's somebody that didn't get to play I know one kid that's going to Mingo but he didn't get to play over here
Congratulations to Cole Bentley on selection of his final 6 schools. Cole plans to commit before season so he can focus on Belfry! His final 6 are Cincinnati, Georgia Tech, Purdue, Wake Forrest, Virginia, and Memphis.
Glad to see Cole's list. It was interesting that WVU was not included on the list. He is definitely his own man.......:Thumbs:
If it were me I'd eliminate Memphis and UC, then go from there.

From an academic viewpoint UVA, Purdue, and GaTech are head and shoulders above the rest.
Leonidas Wrote:If it were me I'd eliminate Memphis and UC, then go from there.

From an academic viewpoint UVA, Purdue, and GaTech are head and shoulders above the rest.

I agree

All three also would seem to be excellent fits for Cole

Virginia is a top notch school and not overly far from home

I am not sure if Cole has interest in being an Engineer, but if he does then both Purdue and GA Tech are top notch schools.

With Georgia Tech he also has the chance to play in an Offense not drastically too different from what he already knows. Georgia Tech is also just a season removed from winning a BCS Bowl Game.
needs to go to Memphis so I can see him,lol Memphis and Arkansas State signed new 4 yr deal starting in 2020..
Hard to imagine a school the size of Belfry can produce 3 linemen the quality that they have in one class
E's Army Wrote:Hard to imagine a school the size of Belfry can produce 3 linemen the quality that they have in one class

... and also G Jordan Scott who I predict will wind up signing to play at the FCS Level before it is all said and done.

DE Austin Hall will sign to play College Ball as well. Might not be the FBS/FCS Level but IMHO he is a lock for NAIA Ball at the minimum.
A big congrats to Jordan Scott who became the third Belfry O-Linemen with a Division 1 offer after being offered by Tennessee Tech yesterday!

Also Cole Bentley picked up a huge offer yesterday from Louisville!
Post #253-
Glad to see Cole's list. It was interesting that WVU was not included on the list. He is definitely his own man.......

Why would WVU be interested in a kid from Kentucky? Or why would a Kentucky kid be interested in WVUSmile
Belfry's Cole Bentley just received an offer from Illinois.......He has multiple Big 10 offers at this point...and close to 30 overall.
The boys are in the weight room there hungry I can't wait until August
Videos from morning work outs on the Belfry Football Twitter page looks like a VERY good turn out. I saw Joe Hunt, Taveon Hunter, Dagen Rash, Josh Keathley... Several kids that could be key step ups for us. Of course I was thrilled to see an 8th grader to be there Wink
The more I watch the more kids I notice. Avery Browning is one... I can't really tell. I'm getting pumped.
Been hearing really good things about Taveon Hunter's off-season work.

If he can step in at HB in the spot vacated by Willis then Belfry will really benefit.

Playing kids both ways on this team scares me to death because they are so valuable at their respective spots. Would hate to see Belfry lose an All-State caliber Defensive player because of a downfield block block on Offense when they only tote the rock 6 or 7 times a game.

I don't think anyone in 3A will be able to stop Belfry if the Pirates are at full strength, so limiting injury chances should be one of the primary orders of business in 2016.
Belfry is the most heavily favored to win there class in my opinion. With most of the team back from last year i dont see them losing a game. I was very impressed with what i seen in bowling green. Do they play Cabell Midland again this year? If so i hope they can get some payback.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Belfry is the most heavily favored to win there class in my opinion. With most of the team back from last year i dont see them losing a game. I was very impressed with what i seen in bowling green. Do they play Cabell Midland again this year? If so i hope they can get some payback.

They do... game will be at Belfry

Cabell Midland was a very Senior Heavy team last year. Want to say they had close to 23 Seniors and a good portion of those were starters. Three players signed D-1 off last years team (WVU, Army, and EKU), and one went to the University of Kansas as a preferred Walk-On. They had three or four other guys who signed to play college ball at a lower level as well. Can't think of a KY school who had a Senior Class last year that compared.

With that said, CM would be one of the 5 largest High Schools in Kentucky and had over a 90 man roster. Even though they lose a lot, the cupboard will be far from bare.

Don't really know what to expect from CM this year. I do know they will once again be huge up front, have very few guys playing both ways, and will be well conditioned.

Knoxville Catholic will be a super stiff test as well. They won the Tennessee 4A State Title in rather convincing fashion and return I think 7 starters each way including a pair of 4* players, one of which being WR Amari Rodgers (Clemson Commit) who is one of the best receivers I have ever seen play against Belfry. The other 4* is Cade Mays (Tennessee Commit) who was invited to the Rivals 5* Challenge as a Junior. They have another WR/DB who has over 10 D-1 offers as well in Chase Kuerschen. Belfry beat them going away last year but I expect them to be one of the Top 7 or 8 overall teams in the entire State of TN with what they return. That game will be all the way down in TN.

When those teams meet there will be 7 players with D-1 Offers on the field. Not sure any other KY team will be playing in a game with that many D-1 prospects on the field...even Male and Trinity.
Belfry's Cole Bentley committed to Louisville yesterday. Congrats!
Belfry now has two Division 1 power 5 commits and now all eyes go to Ray Horton. Apparently, the D1 recruiters are the ONLY ones who question if this kid can play. Cole has said to the interviewers that he plans to try to get Ray to U of L... if Louisville lands both kids then Stoops can kick himself in the ass for years. Rayquan Horton is a STUD and I hope he takes every bit of his aggression of being shafted in the recruiting circuit out on whoever lines in front of him this fall.

Also - Legend Brumbaugh posted on Twitter that he got an offer from Texas A&M yesterday. If LexCath's backup QB can go to the SEC, Ray can go straight on and start for the Packers!
Belfry0304 Wrote:Belfry now has two Division 1 power 5 commits and now all eyes go to Ray Horton. Apparently, the D1 recruiters are the ONLY ones who question if this kid can play. Cole has said to the interviewers that he plans to try to get Ray to U of L... if Louisville lands both kids then Stoops can kick himself in the ass for years. Rayquan Horton is a STUD and I hope he takes every bit of his aggression of being shafted in the recruiting circuit out on whoever lines in front of him this fall.

Also - Legend Brumbaugh posted on Twitter that he got an offer from Texas A&M yesterday. If LexCath's backup QB can go to the SEC, Ray can go straight on and start for the Packers!

It's truly the oddest thing I have seen that schools aren't begging for Ray, particularly Kentucky.

Kentucky has struggled to recruit DT's for 3 decades. Then one of the best In-State DT's in KY History comes along and they pass over him because he "Isn't tall enough"
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next