•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2016
It's about time Bentley received offers, just not sure why no one has mentioned his offer from Florida State last year during their camp
Thrillex Wrote:It's about time Bentley received offers, just not sure why no one has mentioned his offer from Florida State last year during their camp

He now has 9 offers according to 247 and Florida State isn't one of them.
Congrats to Ray Horton!

Ray becomes the third Pirate with a Division 1, FBS Offer already as he was offered by Florida Atlantic today

Jordan Scott is looking more and more like he may be the 4th Pirate to get a D-1 Offer as Tennessee Tech seems to be pursuing him hard. Both he and Austin Dotson visited this past weekend.
Belfry will be hard to beat next year with what they return. Watched them for the first time in the state game, and couldn't have been more impressed.[Image: http://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/picture...tureid=733]
Looks like Austin Dotson was offered by UK
I think he committed to Kentucky too
Committed to Kentucky. Huge congratulations!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Looks like Austin Dotson was offered by UK

Does this affect Cole's UK recruitment? Knowing they have limited schollys for OLine, and him taking a visit to UT during UKs junior day? Just surprised they offered Dotson(Potential?)instead of Cole first.
Thrillex Wrote:Does this affect Cole's UK recruitment? Knowing they have limited schollys for OLine, and him taking a visit to UT during UKs junior day? Just surprised they offered Dotson(Potential?)instead of Cole first.

Yes and no

Dotson is a Tackle and Cole is projected as a Guard. UK has very limited spots and the rumor is they may not even take an interior linemen but had two if not three spots for Tackles. Dotson is one and Willis of Lafayette is another.

An offer still may come to Cole but right now it is a numbers game at Guard and Center
FBfan4life Wrote:How old are these kids?
2016 will be their senior year. That will be 4 yrs. for these kids. You only think they've been around longer because they have WON a STATE CHAPIONSHIP for the past 3 yrs.
pjdoug Wrote:of course it is plausible, and I'm not even being a troll,but we both know better lol.it's legal if you never get caught Smile
You are such a rude person. I just think it's jealousy.
Very exciting news regarding A Dotson. I hope Cole and Ray are able to commit prior to the season so everyone can just focus on Friday nights.

Congrats to all these young men on well deserved attention they are getting.
Congrats to Austin Dotson, love how he stays with his blocks and intense competitor on the field. And congrats to the Belfry football program with two more going on soon, that's an outstanding accomplishment
Has belfry found a replacement game for the Sheldon Clark game
Thrillex Wrote:It's about time Bentley received offers, just not sure why no one has mentioned his offer from Florida State last year during their camp

because it didn't happen?
Football Granny Wrote:You are such a rude person. I just think it's jealousy.

not rude or jealous.nothing to be jealous of Smile
Read on Rivals Cole Bentley is rated number two player ranked in Kentucky TongueirateSho
TigerBlues Wrote:Read on Rivals Cole Bentley is rated number two player ranked in Kentucky TongueirateSho
I saw that as well.

Very significant and deserving honor.

I have no doubt Cole will have a wide array of Power 5 offers to choose from after this Summer.
Cole don't plan on committing before football season starts. Since changing sides of the ball having to start over with the big schools recruiting. He decided to switch sides after seeing how broken down former defensive lineman are.
Good for him. If he gets the kind of offers I think he might, then it will be hard not to commit, but he should take his time and not do that until he is ready. Good luck to #44 in making those choices.
TigerBlues Wrote:Read on Rivals Cole Bentley is rated number two player ranked in Kentucky TongueirateSho

He is a good player,but that shows how weak Kentucky football is Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:He is a good player,but that shows how weak Kentucky football is Confusednicker:

Very sad thing to say.
eagles2011 Wrote:Has belfry found a replacement game for the Sheldon Clark game

No and it would be difficult for anyone, including the other teams in the district to find games as well. I think it is very disappointing that SC was allowed to pull out of the district that late. I have no problem with them pulling out after the season is over. That being said, I have heard several schedule nuggets.
1) Tates Creek again in the Pike County Bowl and Pikeville will play Letcher Central again.
2) No week 0 scrimmage as of now. If I am a bowl organizer, and believe me I know that they all are full by now, I would offer a buyout to one of the teams already scheduled just to get Belfry to play one of my teams in week 0. Great team and great crowd. Just an idea, and definitely would not want to knock someone from playing a bowl game but the Pirates would be a great draw.
3) 2017 home and home begins against Bryan Station with the first game in Lexington.
4) Scott County was a possibility as well for those two years, but they wanted Belfry n Gtown in 17 and go to Belfry in 18 and that was a deal breaker from what I heard.
5) Anyone got connections to ESPN? EKUAlum05 want Belfry and Knox Cath televised lol. I think it could happen!
Belfry0304 Wrote:Very sad thing to say.

a 3 star lineman is 2nd best in Kentucky? is my point. I see a couple other players from Kentucky on this list but he ain't on it http://espn.go.com/college-sports/footba...class/2017
I'll be coming up 119 from Pikeville soon. I hope I dont see any angry pirates Confusednicker:
bucslover68 Wrote:No and it would be difficult for anyone, including the other teams in the district to find games as well. I think it is very disappointing that SC was allowed to pull out of the district that late. I have no problem with them pulling out after the season is over. That being said, I have heard several schedule nuggets.
1) Tates Creek again in the Pike County Bowl and Pikeville will play Letcher Central again.
2) No week 0 scrimmage as of now. If I am a bowl organizer, and believe me I know that they all are full by now, I would offer a buyout to one of the teams already scheduled just to get Belfry to play one of my teams in week 0. Great team and great crowd. Just an idea, and definitely would not want to knock someone from playing a bowl game but the Pirates would be a great draw.
3) 2017 home and home begins against Bryan Station with the first game in Lexington.
4) Scott County was a possibility as well for those two years, but they wanted Belfry n Gtown in 17 and go to Belfry in 18 and that was a deal breaker from what I heard.
5) Anyone got connections to ESPN? EKUAlum05 want Belfry and Knox Cath televised lol. I think it could happen!

I definitely want this to happen.

- Two defending State Champs from different States
- 5 legitimate FBS Prospects including kids already committed to Clemson, Tennessee, and Kentucky.
- A chance for other kids to get exposure like Jordan Scott and the Kuertschen kid from Knox Cath who are getting D-1 looks but do not have offers yet.

I think it would be great for both programs for exposure, I also think it would be a positive for the Belfry community in these tough times and something to take pride in. My hope would be ESPN could even hit on some of those economic struggles and bring attention to it.

I also think the Nation deserves to know Coach Haywood and what he stands for.
bucslover68 Wrote:1) Tates Creek again in the Pike County Bowl and Pikeville will play Letcher Central again.
I can get behind this. Letcher Central has no chance against Belfry in 2016 and neither team will benefit from that game. Tates Creek isn't a dominant team, but as we saw last year they are quality competition and give Belfry some looks and athleticism that you won't find in EKY [/QUOTE]

bucslover68 Wrote:2) No week 0 scrimmage as of now.
Worth noting Belfry only has 3 home games scheduled for the regular season and a LOT of travel expenses in those 6 away games.

Either Belfry needs to fill the schedule with another home game or they have to get paid to travel in Week 0.

I still think playing Paintsville in Week 0 is the logical answer. Both teams were left high and dry by Sheldon Clark and Paintsville will have a quality team.

Selfishly I would like to see Belfry put out some feelers to play in one of these showcase games around the Southeast to kick off the season. South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, etc... Belfry has never had the appeal that the 2016 team will have. Three time State Champs and 3 D-1 recruits. That can help put butts in seats for these showcase events. Part of me wants to see this happen because I want to see just how high Belfry can be ranked Nationally if they were to go undefeated.

bucslover68 Wrote:3) 2017 home and home begins against Bryan Station with the first game in Lexington.
Nice pickup... BS has had a quality team for the past 6 or 7 years. Belfry is going to be green under the gills but talented in 17..seeing this kind of speed will really help.
pjdoug Wrote:a 3 star lineman is 2nd best in Kentucky? is my point. I see a couple other players from Kentucky on this list but he ain't on it http://espn.go.com/college-sports/footba...class/2017

If you're basing your opinion solely on ESPN rankings it shows your lack of knowledge. Bentley is a big time prospect. Should be a 4 star recruit by the end of the process.
Bentley is a 3 star recruit, the #25 overall ranked guard in the nation by rivals, and has never taken an in game snap at that position. By the time he gets more camp reps at it, someone will have gotten a steal... A shame to put down a kid who has absolutely busted his tail for his recognition
If everyone hasn't figured out pjdoug is an absolute joke by now, I suppose they won't. I only see his pathetic posts when people quote him. Literally biggest tool on this site.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next