•  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2016
Bluefield is always a tough Virginia team. Football over in SWVA is something else. GW should be another loaded team this year in 1AA. I'm not familiar with PC. I would hope they could have grabbed Honaker in on this.
jetpilot Wrote:Good as 2 years ago?:biggrin:

Man you all have 1 win in the last 15 or so years and yet you still talk smack.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Saw the team pic today on Twitter. Devin Varney and Derek Wellman both look noticably more muscular.

Must be that Matewan mineral water lol.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Must be that Matewan mineral water lol.

Your a funny guy but if you go down the Tug some of the ol Ky people have there sewer running in the river I guess that might be the Matewan mineral
if you would I could send you a big glass Mr funny man
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Must be that Matewan mineral water lol.

You literally just picked the two kids who are the epitome of home grown and made that joke about them HAHA

Varney and Wellman have been bleeding Red and White since they were in the womb with probably two of the biggest Belfry supporting father's in the community. I am pretty sure their dads were even putting skull and crossbone helmet stickers on their wive's belly during the pregnancy. LOL.
Devin Varney has dreamed of wearing #3 for the Pirates for a long time! He used to take hits from high schoolers when he was in 4th and 5th grade in the front yard just so no one would pick him last in backyard football. All the kid has ever talked about is Doug Howard. I have pictures of him on the turf in 7th grade flipping a tire. They don't grow up anymore "Pond Creek" than Devin Varney. JBC for life!!!
Thanks guys and yes on Dev's trophy case right beside he's Belfry football
pictures is mine you will never find to ol boys with more Ky in them then
these two
[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/AtDqFsgCQAAHD2y.jpg]

Just a few years before he was a starting CB as a freshman!
Went down to practice this morning and it's business as usual Wellman won't get to play
in the scrimmage at Richlands but he will be good to go on Monday after he's practicing
but not going all out right now all the other ones are good to go
Any competition at LB or is it basically set?
Yea but Fields hasn't been practicing ether but they will be ready for the
Pike Co. Bowl
Heard Hall was banged up a little and missed some time but is back

I swear I think every single defensive starter has been hurt this summer in some manner except Ray

I also got a very good report about a question mark with this team. For those worried about punting, don't be!

From what I gather Belfry is going to be just fine punting. Now whether they have someone with the accuracy to pin it inside the ten like Wellman is yet to be determined. With that said, they have the legs to crush the ball and flip the field.
Hear Avery Browning has been getting some WR reps.. Coach wants to get his athleticism on the field.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Heard Hall was banged up a little and missed some time but is back

I swear I think every single defensive starter has been hurt this summer in some manner except Ray

I also got a very good report about a question mark with this team. For those worried about punting, don't be!

From what I gather Belfry is going to be just fine punting. Now whether they have someone with the accuracy to pin it inside the ten like Wellman is yet to be determined. With that said, they have the legs to crush the ball and flip the field.
Yea we had a few injuries but just about all but one was before we even started practicing but we got them all worked out Wellman won't practice all out until next Monday but he's biting at the bullet he can't wait to get back at it
Good to hear Browning may see some time at WR. Nice to be able to work Woolum primarily on defense where he is so good.

From the pictures of Devin Varney I've seen, it looks like it will be hard to keep him off the field on offense.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Good to hear Browning may see some time at WR. Nice to be able to work Woolum primarily on defense where he is so good.

From the pictures of Devin Varney I've seen, it looks like it will be hard to keep him off the field on offense.

He's looking good but they all are getting about the same reps right now but were looking very fast over all the best team speed I can remember about all I can say about this team BIG FAST and STRONG
I would say 3 guys will be playing that HB spot. Not sure who will start and not sure it matters...
^ that spot? Meaning the one left vacant by Willis? Or Catron and two others rotating the two spots? If the former, who? Varney/Hunter/Atkins? Or someone else?
I would think either of the three new guys could rotate if need be on one side, give Catron a break if he needs it, and obviously fullback is pretty concrete. It will be interesting to see if one of those guys gets the lion's share of the carries or produces enough to win the job outright. One good thing is there are at least 6 quality backs just some are more experienced than others.
Did Willis end up signing to play college ball? That kid is a player.
Yes. Three on the open spot. Adkins Varney Hunter.
X signed with UPike
^ Any other young RB's have a chance to contribute? I know those guys mentioned are all underclassmen but what about the RB's from the last couple middle school teams?

I am getting excited fellas!
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ Any other young RB's have a chance to contribute? I know those guys mentioned are all underclassmen but what about the RB's from the last couple middle school teams?

I am getting excited fellas!

Hensley has gotten a lot of varsity reps but don't expect him to be seeing a ton of game action at that HB spot.

I expect him and Bentley to cut their teeth on JV and gain a lot of confidence this year by doing so
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Hensley has gotten a lot of varsity reps but don't expect him to be seeing a ton of game action at that HB spot.

I expect him and Bentley to cut their teeth on JV and gain a lot of confidence this year by doing so

I have watched these kids they have done good we got a lineman or two
that are looking good as well Belfry won't be dropping off anytime soon
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Hensley has gotten a lot of varsity reps but don't expect him to be seeing a ton of game action at that HB spot.

I have watched these kids they have done good we got a lineman or two
that are looking good as well Belfry won't be dropping off anytime soon
lol
I know one lineman that's doing a heck of a job, that Wolford kid! But then again that just may be the dad in me! LOL! My opinion, the entire Pirate football team is looking good.
#51PirateFan Wrote:I know one lineman that's doing a heck of a job, that Wolford kid! But then again that just may be the dad in me! LOL! My opinion, the entire Pirate football team is looking good.

I agree with buddy
As I have done before, it's not just 51PirateFan being an excited dad. Ethan Wolford is a big tough offensive lineman who will be a stud for us... He's really blossomed in his last few seasons. He's not the 6'6 monster we are accustom to (spoiled by) right now but a VERY good lineman.
Belfry0304 Wrote:As I have done before, it's not just 51PirateFan being an excited dad. Ethan Wolford is a big tough offensive lineman who will be a stud for us... He's really blossomed in his last few seasons. He's not the 6'6 monster we are accustom to (spoiled by) right now but a VERY good lineman.

I've been keeping a eye on him he's doing a great job he's been getting some snaps with the boys I'm really proud of him
Really looking forward to this season. I'm hoping to be back in Pike County for at least the game against Cabell Midland.
  •  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next