•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2016
These names will be called a lot this upcoming year as well! Lol
The Wheeling Central game would have been a good one.
There was some people asking about the Rockcastle scrimmage the boys schedule says
It's on Thursday the 18th at Hazard I guess Hazard has got a game or scrimmage on
Friday
Does anybody have a completed schedule made up that they can post
Aug 26, 16 Tates Creek at Belfry-Pikeville-Shelby Valley 8:30 PM Pike County Bowl
Sep 2, 16 Harlan County home 7:30 PM
Sep 9, 16 Newport Central Catholic away 7:30 PM
Sep 16, 16 Pikeville away 7:30 PM
Sep 23, 16 Knoxville Catholic, TN away 7:30 PM
Sep 30, 16 Cabell Midland, WV home 7:30 PM
Oct 7, 16 Lawrence County away 7:30 PM
Oct 21, 16 Pike County Central home 7:30 PM
Oct 28, 16 Johnson Central away 7:30 PM
Don't know about the Cleveland team game.
I'm thinking the Pikeville/Belfry game will be a dandy. What say the Belfry faithful?
jetpilot Wrote:I'm thinking the Pikeville/Belfry game will be a dandy. What say the Belfry faithful?

I think the grandeur of the rivalry is back
jetpilot Wrote:I'm thinking the Pikeville/Belfry game will be a dandy. What say the Belfry faithful?

Anytime two state championship teams from the same county play each other, it should be a dandy!
^^Historic!
Pikeville has a great 1A team but I think it's going to be about like last year
but I think they great chance of winning 1A again this year
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I think the grandeur of the rivalry is back

Don't think it was ever gone. Both sides have had great success over the years, and given and taken lumps against each other.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Pikeville has a great 1A team but I think it's going to be about like last year
but I think they great chance of winning 1A again this year

I hear what you are saying but you said that 2 years ago.
Belfry would be a pretty good favorite, but that game is pretty far off. Pikeville's lack of depth up front could be worrisome for the Panthers. It will be historic in the fact that this is the first meeting as defending champs and that is pretty cool.
bucslover68 Wrote:Belfry would be a pretty good favorite, but that game is pretty far off. Pikeville's lack of depth up front could be worrisome for the Panthers. It will be historic in the fact that this is the first meeting as defending champs and that is pretty cool.

Like last time at Pikeville..
jetpilot Wrote:Like last time at Pikeville..

Believe me this is not the same Belfry team as two years ago. Battaile is the type of QB that can give Belfry trouble for awhile, but the biggest difference ultimately will be you do not have a PUGH, the battering ram who was the big difference in picking up just about every big first down and breaking a long run late. This Belfry team would pound that Pikeville team and will be a favorite this year. In no way saying that PHS will not have a good team, because they should, but barring major injuries, Belfry is as good as ever.
bucslover68 Wrote:Believe me this is not the same Belfry team as two years ago. Battaile is the type of QB that can give Belfry trouble for awhile, but the biggest difference ultimately will be you do not have a PUGH, the battering ram who was the big difference in picking up just about every big first down and breaking a long run late. This Belfry team would pound that Pikeville team and will be a favorite this year. In no way saying that PHS will not have a good team, because they should, but barring major injuries, Belfry is as good as ever.

Good as 2 years ago?:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:Good as 2 years ago?:biggrin:

Pikeville has a good team but we're as good or better then we was last year that's not saying we can't lay a egg but if we play up to our potential I don't
see them hanging with us a whole game
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Pikeville has a good team but we're as good or better then we was last year that's not saying we can't lay a egg but if we play up to our potential I don't
see them hanging with us a whole game

Heard this 2 years ago.:devilflam
jetpilot Wrote:Heard this 2 years ago.:devilflam

I say we wait until Sep. 16 and see what happens
So some quick info about the Richlands scrimmage... should be the best group of teams since Belfry has started going down there

Richlands is the Pre-Season #2 team in Virginia's 2A (would be 3A in KY).
They return 6 or 7 starters from a Quarterfinals team who lost in OT to the State Champions including their very good QB and two of his top WR's. Appommattox County, the team that beat them in OT, won their next two games by a combined score of 99-12

George Wythe will be there again. They are the Pre-Season #1 team in Virginia 1A. They finished 12-2 last year and reached the State Semi's.They return 7 starters on Offense including a very good 6'2 200 QB and his top WR.

The third team that will be there is Pulaski County, VA. Pulaski is a 4A team (similar to a 5A KY School). They were 9-1 in the regular season last year with their only loss coming to eventual 4A State Champs Salem. Pulaski was upset in the First Round of the playoffs. Their final Maxpreps rank last year was 2909. That puts them similar to Newport Catholic last year.

Belfry should really get tested down there...especially the LB's and secondary against a couple very good spread Offenses and QB's
^ good info man.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Kind of surreal... nothing official yet but this is where Calpreps/Maxpreps has Belfry ranked opening the season

#2 Overall in Kentucky behind only Triniity

#131 in the Nation

http://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2016/preview...Belfry_(KY)

Obviously this means absolutely nothing...but nonetheless that is unreal to think that tiny Belfry High School is considered that highly by the computers.

Also worth noting that Knoxville Catholic is ranked #133 in the country currently, Johnson Central is at #915

Once again these rankings don't mean a lot... but Calpreps has updated Belfry's national ranking now that they know how many starters are back and have received information about other teams.

The BELFRY PIRATES from tiny Belfry, KY are the Pre-Season #85 team in AMERICA!

[Image: https://s32.postimg.org/fnpcv62vp/Capture.png]
Early season rankings are a joke. Lexington is ranked 10th in state. I put any other school in Pike Co above them. The thing that hurts Belfry in the rankings is Coach Haywood shows class and won't run up the score on teams plus the running clock keeps most games within 40 points.
So who is getting the most reps in the backfield?
PaytoPlay Wrote:So who is getting the most reps in the backfield?
Right now everybody's getting about the same I'd say it will be like that until
after the first scrimmage that's the way it usually goes he just letting them all
get reps in right now
Saw the team pic today on Twitter. Devin Varney and Derek Wellman both look noticably more muscular.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Saw the team pic today on Twitter. Devin Varney and Derek Wellman both look noticably more muscular.

Yes they are bigger faster and stronger this will be a fun year
jetpilot Wrote:Heard this 2 years ago.:devilflam

The Panthers will be lucky if they don't have a running clock on them by the 3rd. This will not be the usual Pirate team and they are hungry. I anticipate many wood-shed :ChairHit: for this team.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Yes they are bigger faster and stronger this will be a fun year

Yeah, they been on the soup bean and tater's diet all summer. Wouldn't want to mess we these two unless you want to tap-out!
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next