Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does UK like midget Running Backs?
While watching the post game of the SEC title game, I noticed what a huge guy Derrick Henry the Alabama star Running Back is. I have to wonder why UK recruits these "midget" Running Back's ? The only advantage a small RB's can offer is quickness in space. A RB Henry's size is better in short yardage, better in pass protection, they are also a bigger target with a much greater catch radius in the passing game. When is comes to top end speed a taller, bigger RB will usually best the short little Midget. In my mind the greatest RB's of all time, guys like Walker, Jackson, Dickerson, and Campbell were bigger RBs! Even some of the Shorter RBs like Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith were over 200lbs. Someone please explain the 5' 8" 175lbs RBs?
Henry is a freak of nature. That's why he is at Alabama, they get the best players because they're simply the best. But to compare Kentucky recruits at RB to Alabama recruits is absurd. We are division two compared to Alabama.
Spud6 Wrote:Henry is a freak of nature. That's why he is at Alabama, they get the best players because they're simply the best. But to compare Kentucky recruits at RB to Alabama recruits is absurd. We are division two compared to Alabama.

Le'Veon Bell RB for the Steelers who played at Michigan State University was a 2 Star recruit. Bell is 6' 1" 240lbs. There is plenty of Big RB prospects out there. IMO it's ABSURD to recruit a 175lb RB and expect him to block SEC LBs and DEs!
^^^ Confusednicker:
honestjchsfan Wrote:Le'Veon Bell RB for the Steelers who played at Michigan State University was a 2 Star recruit. Bell is 6' 1" 240lbs. There is plenty of Big RB prospects out there. IMO it's ABSURD to recruit a 175lb RB and expect him to block SEC LBs and DEs!
Especially one that goes down every other play with an injury..
This is something ive.noticed but never really thought about.
Theres a reason kids like Harris are wanted so badly.night think the hardest thing is finding a big kid who can still run a 4.4
When you recruit guys like Boom, he's really fast and electric but he also misses half the season because he can't take the hits.
I prefer UK to have a bigger back but those kids are hard to find or as Gut said the Alabama's of the world always get them...UK had Mark Higgs who was a little guy and was pretty durable, he had a nice run in the NFL...I thought Horton was going to be that big back and he has had flashes where he ran well...He's got to learn to hang on to the ball, maybe next year he's the guy...As a UK fan how often do we say maybe next year lol...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think one of the reasons is we have convince ourselves that only chance we have against the SEC is some gimmick offense.
UK not getting the cream of the crop.
Its not how big you are that's most important my friends, it's how Good are ya!
Stardust Wrote:[Image: http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20120...met001.JPG]

Is that Eric Hopkins in his Williamsburg Orange?