•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mills fired at Bell County
NextGeneration Wrote:Coaching has turned into a bad business. As far as Frazier he should still be here beating Bell , but he got the shaft. I hear he will be in Whitley Co. Next year with Chappell. Bell you never miss what you had till its gone. Trust us we miss Frazier and Chappell. You will miss Mills. Hate that we treat Coaches like this .

I don't know anything about the situation in Bell with Mills, but I'm replying to this post because the description of coaching today is so true.

Coaching has become such a horrible job nowadays that finding quality people will continue to get more difficult. The pay has actually decreased, the job has become much tougher, and the stress level is astronomical.

It's a shame that the people who sacrifice so much of their time to spen with our youth are often cast aside without the blink of an eye. For the most part, our teachers, coaches, and administrators in KY public schools are honest, hard working people. The expectations when it comes to athletics and test scores is ridiculously unfair on so many levels that it sickens me.
I am really shocked at how many people are in support of mills. That can only lead me to believe that they either had no child playing for him or if they did then their son was one of the chosen few he actually had time for. I once had a very knowledgeable coach tell me when I began coaching that being a successful coach wasn't in how you coached the kids that knew how to play, but in how you trained the little "Bobbies and Joes" that didn't know anything and turned them into players. Wayne spent his time on a select few and then decided it would be better to sit in the office with his cronies making fun of the lesser talanted kids and their parents than actually teaching them about football. Karma has a way of biting you and in my opinion the only thing Bell did wrong was in waiting this long to do it. And as far as TG goes I am in 100% agreement with this decision and hope he makes more like it.
And as far as those saying that Bell will never get another coach like Mills, then I would say that would be in the best interest of the program.
NextGeneration Wrote:Coaching has turned into a bad business. As far as Frazier he should still be here beating Bell , but he got the shaft. I hear he will be in Whitley Co. Next year with Chappell. Bell you never miss what you had till its gone. Trust us we miss Frazier and Chappell. You will miss Mills. Hate that we treat Coaches like this .

Will Mills be at Whitley County too?
I have not been a Mills fan since the lies, something has happened to him, he did not do theses things when he was here. A combination of at least five off field issues has lead to this. It has nothing to do with wins and losses. Will he be teaching there is the big question?
PRIDE101 Wrote:I have not been a Mills fan since the lies, something has happened to him, he did not do theses things when he was here. A combination of at least five off field issues has lead to this. It has nothing to do with wins and losses. Will he be teaching there is the big question?
Teaching isn't a year to year contract like coaching is, so unless he leaves on his own terms, or they have a legible reason to fire him then yes he will be teaching.
Any chance Hilton makes his way back to log mountain?
Strikeout King Wrote:Any chance Hilton makes his way back to log mountain?

I may be wrong but I believe Dudley will not come back to log mountain. I think he is happy in Taylor County. Don't have any pressure on him there to win a title. He just coach teach kids to be men and have fun doing what he loves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
How can he have 77 games in 5 years???? Something about the numbers is wrong
pjdoug Wrote:Will Mills be at Whitley County too?

Let me be very clear when I say this. (And for the record, it would take a miracle and voodoo for the stars to align) BUT, if Chappell could get Frazier at Whitley, which is a little rumor floating, AND Mills (which I haven't heard from anyone period), I would go out on a limb and say that may be the best coaching staff in the area.
For someone who doesn't know, give me a brief rundown of the 'off the field issues' at BCHS. Mooning incident sounds pretty interesting... lol.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Let me be very clear when I say this. (And for the record, it would take a miracle and voodoo for the stars to align) BUT, if Chappell could get Frazier at Whitley, which is a little rumor floating, AND Mills (which I haven't heard from anyone period), I would go out on a limb and say that may be the best coaching staff in the area.
Soooo. You are sayin you would rather have Mills and Frazier..... They couldn't get it done at bell.... Why would they be the best in the area? Explain that please. Chappell isn't even near the coach as Jody Mouser. I'll take Haddix, Greer, Mouser and still continue to beat Bell and Whitley with the combination of all the coaches left..... Corbin and Knox have a lot to say about the area too. Lol. You will fall off that limb if you go on out! Mills teaches mooning and flopping. Chappell had a great team "this" year and couldn't get it done. His offense had possibly the best Athletes in the area you speak of. Nothing stands out on Frazier like the other two. Seems like a dandy coach, but still rather have Greer callin my d.
It's all about the facts and production. Mills coaches a dirty game.... Can't win the district with better overall athletes... Chappell team passes the eye test. Has explosive QB and Rec, huge line, and are far and away more athletic than Corbin, or bell. No production from the hosses. How many open teaching positions does Whitley have anyways?!
And Before you say anything about the 3 coaches I mentioned and the belfry game.... By get back is they were still playing and the other coaches were outside the fence watching. 17 returning starters.

Dudley is then guy y'all need... Not Mills. I wouldn't doubt by the time the '16 season starts that he won't be at either Bell or Whitley. Count his championships and wins guys. That's why he decides his future now.
bcpc Wrote:Soooo. You are sayin you would rather have Mills and Frazier..... They couldn't get it done at bell.... Why would they be the best in the area? Explain that please. Chappell isn't even near the coach as Jody Mouser. I'll take Haddix, Greer, Mouser and still continue to beat Bell and Whitley with the combination of all the coaches left..... Corbin and Knox have a lot to say about the area too. Lol. You will fall off that limb if you go on out! Mills teaches mooning and flopping. Chappell had a great team "this" year and couldn't get it done. His offense had possibly the best Athletes in the area you speak of. Nothing stands out on Frazier like the other two. Seems like a dandy coach, but still rather have Greer callin my d.

talking out your a$$. We all know Whitley County didn't have a very good team.they lost their top running back two years in a row.That Greer Defense has been awesome in the playoffs the last couple years :biglmao:
bcpc Wrote:It's all about the facts and production. Mills coaches a dirty game.... Can't win the district with better overall athletes... Chappell team passes the eye test. Has explosive QB and Rec, huge line, and are far and away more athletic than Corbin, or bell. No production from the hosses. How many open teaching positions does Whitley have anyways?!

Whitley County has some big boys on the line but young and weak overall.need to hit the weight room hard.
10-3 and fired. I've been around Bell Co football since way before Coach Mills time here. I've watched him and his whole staff from close range on and off the field. Many of the stories I've read on here the past few weeks are fabricated and added to. From someone whose been a watcher he is an A-1 individual. I was very pleased with situations I saw and I was around to see many. Wins and losses will be in the books for all coaches. Everyone is an expert when you loose a game. With the material he had on the field the past few years a few were great football players but most were mediocre at best. Most went both O and D all the time. With what was there to choose from he and his staff were productive. Dudley was a great coach but he also knew what was graduating when he left. This isn't the most booming economic area. Pickings are slim. The character of Mills is top notch. Anything can be said or facts can be fabricated on social media for those that are not witnessing the whole picture and has been. We are losing a great coach and an even better man. It is someone's gain. Mills was the same every time would you see him. Genuine. Politics of a school system by a small few got rid of a fine person and only they or a couple grumbling parents who couldn't accept their son's lack of playing time or role on the field would stand different. Be sure you know there are some higher positions who claim one thing up front but work another way behind closed doors. I'm sure there are a handful beating their chests this morning for this feat that they have accomplished. This has been in the works. Politics are alive and well.
pjdoug Wrote:whitley county has some big boys on the line but young and weak overall.need to hit the weight room hard.

stay on topic!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Trashtalker Wrote:How can he have 77 games in 5 years???? Something about the numbers is wrong

47-17 something like that is what the paper had today. Again it is not about wins and loses. Hard for most on here to understand.
Running Back Wrote:10-3 and fired. I've been around Bell Co football since way before Coach Mills time here. I've watched him and his whole staff from close range on and off the field. Many of the stories I've read on here the past few weeks are fabricated and added to. From someone whose been a watcher he is an A-1 individual. I was very pleased with situations I saw and I was around to see many. Wins and losses will be in the books for all coaches. Everyone is an expert when you loose a game. With the material he had on the field the past few years a few were great football players but most were mediocre at best. Most went both O and D all the time. With what was there to choose from he and his staff were productive. Dudley was a great coach but he also knew what was graduating when he left. This isn't the most booming economic area. Pickings are slim. The character of Mills is top notch. Anything can be said or facts can be fabricated on social media for those that are not witnessing the whole picture and has been. We are losing a great coach and an even better man. It is someone's gain. Mills was the same every time would you see him. Genuine. Politics of a school system by a small few got rid of a fine person and only they or a couple grumbling parents who couldn't accept their son's lack of playing time or role on the field would stand different. Be sure you know there are some higher positions who claim one thing up front but work another way behind closed doors. I'm sure there are a handful beating their chests this morning for this feat that they have accomplished. This has been in the works. Politics are alive and well.

Well said!!!

As reported in the MDN a few weeks ago Bell BOE is going to have to cut 600k in spending this upcoming year due to loss of student population. How can they justify bringing in a new HC and have any jobs for asst coaches? Bottom line is they don't care. Look at the other sports and academics in the county. Not a pretty picture.
It's laughable to here all you people talking smack that you know nothing about. Our program will hit the bottom. One thing people either don't know or have forgotten is when Dudley was here he had a great middle school coach (Chaney) feeding him kids every year that were ready to play when they hit high school and there has been ALOT of talent come through in the past. Wayne ain't had that. The job he has done with what he has had is exceptional. There was a lot of things that went on before Wayne got here off the field too. What it amounts to is that some parents think there kids are all-americans when they're not that good and they complained until they got him ran off. That's the bottom line.
I love seeing pjdoug post, he never has anything good to say about any coach. His team can't beat us or Corbin, but loves to bad mouth others.. You need to learn to take notes from RIUTG and focus on Cominel land.. Who's program is headed in the wrong direction if they don't hire some great coaches.. Or good coaches.. pjdoug, your not getting Dudley or Phillop Haywood at Whitley..
A good coach that has paid his dues, hire Fred Hoskins and keep the Bell County program on track.
He is on wrong side of the fence.. TG will not have that or principal will be against that.. He is a good coach
If I was Bell I would give Mike Jackson a call and guage his interest. He has local ties in the area, played at Corbin. I was told by several people he was the first coach contacted when Coach Jewell stepped down at Corbin.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/mike-jackson...ards-coach
Good luck and God Bless to all schools and kids..
Bobcat4years Wrote:Good luck and God Bless to all schools and kids..
Agree.
It amuses me to see how people are saying this is a bad decision and defending that by stating how many games he won, then in the next sentence saying how it should be about the well being of the children. If he was let go even if he won, shouldn't that give you a clue that something else was involved? Yes politics are involved in any school system, but if people knew half of the whole story they would understand completely why this was the right decision even if it means the program has a losing season or two, because at the end of the day it is about all of the kids and what kind of example is being set for them.
The whole story is we are ticked. This program will decine in wins and stability. We wanted to stay as was because it is about the kids. Take a straw poll and you can't have 100% happy but the majority wanted no change in the staff. Good men and good for the program. I'm talking about opinions of most people close to the program who worked and took pride in it for many years. You are in the minority and I know more than you think. Grasping at straws to make your small group of aquaintances sleep better at night. I would have no reservations with Coach Mills coaching my son. It's a shame that leadership has no clue what really goes on in a program except for the handful of gossipers stirring the pot who take the word to the desk of the leader who never darts the door of any student or athletic activity. It's a shame leadership has led us to this point. You would think the Middlesboro fiasco of last year would have been an eye opening preview.
I have been around the program since the colors were Maroon and white and state nothing based in just a rumor or hearsay. I would not say anything negative about a person without knowing the facts for myself. With that said I stand by my statement that it was a good decision and am glad that the administration that everyone is bad-mouthing has finally took a stand on a unpopular subject. They don't get them all right, but this is one of the best ones they have made. As far as the program declining, anyone with football knowledge could tell that this has been happening for the last few years. District runner-up and having running clocks put on you is not the hallmark of a top caliber squad.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next