• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2016
How will the Hounds be in 2016?
I am sure they will be in the Weight Room and getting better by next week!
The future is bright for the Hounds. I fully expect to see them hosting the Semis next year.
Offensively they return everything but the left guard. Defensively they lose Almost the entire d-line. Also lose the kicker and punter. Two of the three best seniors were out for the season before the Danville game. All three of those losses will hurt but I think the 2016 hounds could be as good as the 2014 team.
Biggest shoes to fill will be Harley Lambert. No disrespect to the other teams in Corbin's region, but I don't see anyone standing between them and a semifinal rematch with Belfry.
Should have a fine football team!

Really like the combo of French and Jewell. If Moore and Sizemore can work on their chemistry and the Hounds can find a second receiving option to compliment Moore their Offense should hum along nicely.

Defensively they have got to fill some holes on the DL and really kill it in the weight room. The thought that has to stick in their heads is Belfry isn't going anywhere on Offense and will return essentially that entire massive Oline.

Predict a Semi-Finals appearance again and a much, much closer game against Belfry once they get there.
Corbin is getting better and better
I think the carter kid would do really well in the slot too. His quickness and hands would be a nightmare for a nickel or linebacker to cover. Plus he is awesome in space. I think that would really put defenses in a bind.
Corbin returns a bunch of kids who can play. They have got to find someone who can catch the ball consistently. Lambert is not replaceable. They will have to improve at other positions to make up for his loss. Sizemore is the real deal. Every other position on offense they will be a year older and better.
How does the railroad layoff affect the football program?
I am truly sorry for that layoff.
I predict the hounds will have one of the best qb's in their schools history next year.
Bobcat4years Wrote:How does the railroad layoff affect the football program?

I don't think it will affect them too much as far as current players leaving. There are some players whose dads lost their jobs. I think most of those fathers are working out of town while the families are staying in Corbin. Down the road however it has to affect the team. Blue collar jobs bring blue collar fathers and they bring blue collar sons. IMHO I think that's what Has killed some programs, especially in the mountains.
Bobcat4years Wrote:How does the railroad layoff affect the football program?

They may lose an asst. coach, and a good one in my opinion, in Shane Creekmore.
SEKYFAN Wrote:They may lose an asst. coach, and a good one in my opinion, in Shane Creekmore.

He's a great coach and motivator.
SEKYFAN Wrote:They may lose an asst. coach, and a good one in my opinion, in Shane Creekmore.

I hadn't thought about coach creekmore. You're absolutely right though. I played for him and he was a GREAT coach. Someone whom I still look up too, and consider a friend.
Corbin is on the rise for sure. Solid coaching and a talent pool that is increasing. Also- a very strong youth and middle school program. 2016 should be a solid year. Belfry will be a tall drink of water for a long time to come though. Figuring a way to stop that offense with a young d-line will be another matter.
Any truth to the rumor that 1 of the freshmen quarterbacks may be looking to transfer. I've heard 3 possible schools involved.
I'm sure that they are not better than this year QB, this year QB is a horse!! He beat us single handed..
I'd doubt it. Both not only have family ties that run deep to the program but both also started some games this season. Whether at wide receiver, tight end, or linebacker. Crazier things have happened though. Knox central is currently benefitting from a qb that came up through the Corbin system.
I have heard that the Hounds maybe be benifiting from the troubles in the Bell Co on the middle school and high school level. I guess the strong gets stronger.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I'd doubt it. Both not only have family ties that run deep to the in program but both also started some games this season. Whether at wide receiver, tight end, or linebacker. Crazier things have happened though. Knox central is currently benefitting from a qb that came up through the Corbin system.

He may have come up through the system but should have been at Knox all a long. Born and raised in Knox County.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:He may have come up through the system but should have been at Knox all a long. Born and raised in Knox County.

That's the thing with reciprocal agreements. He lives in Knox county so he could choose where went. I currently live in Knox county but also in the Corbin school district. He was at Corbin because Corbin provided the best opportunities at the time. He left because of baseball, I wish him and Knox central the best except for one game of the year. Looking forward to the rematch next year.
Heard that Louisville Trinity may be after Coach Haddix. Guys stock rose awful fast.
^
Source?
seems to me, instead of worrying as much about skill positions, Corbin better be looking for some Hogs to fill some gaps lost from this years team.
:hilarious:
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Heard that Louisville Trinity may be after Coach Haddix. Guys stock rose awful fast.

Would love to know where you came up with that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Don't know about the possibility of other schools wanting HAddix. But, I think his will be a handful for all teams on the schedule next year.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Heard that Louisville Trinity may be after Coach Haddix. Guys stock rose awful fast.

seems like a joke.
I don't think Haddix is going anywhere, he is the type of guy, to finish what he started. As far as next year goes, I look for Corbin to possibly be the second best team in 3A, behind Belfry. If everything goes as planned, the Redhounds would have Belfry at home in the state semifinals, where anything could happen. With Sizemore gaining another year of experience, I look for him to be a much better passer and decision maker in 2016. Defensively, I look for the Redhounds to once again be very physical and disciplined. The key for the Redhounds will be finding a play maker with break away speed. They have some good athletes, but they need a guy who can take it to the house, someone similar to the Willis kid at Belfry. Although, Belfry's line play was very good in the Corbin game, the difference maker was Willis. If Corbin can find some athletes, they have a very good chance to compete for a state championship. Good luck to Coach Haddix and the Hounds in 2016!!
Cat Daddy Wrote:I don't think Haddix is going anywhere, he is the type of guy, to finish what he started. As far as next year goes, I look for Corbin to possibly be the second best team in 3A, behind Belfry. If everything goes as planned, the Redhounds would have Belfry at home in the state semifinals, where anything could happen. With Sizemore gaining another year of experience, I look for him to be a much better passer and decision maker in 2016. Defensively, I look for the Redhounds to once again be very physical and disciplined. The key for the Redhounds will be finding a play maker with break away speed. They have some good athletes, but they need a guy who can take it to the house, someone similar to the Willis kid at Belfry. Although, Belfry's line play was very good in the Corbin game, the difference maker was Willis. If Corbin can find some athletes, they have a very good chance to compete for a state championship. Good luck to Coach Haddix and the Hounds in 2016!!

I agree 100% with what you said. The exciting part is that even though there are many other 3A teams, Corbin's biggest year 2017 will be Belfry's rebuilding year. Could Corbin get a playmaker from Bell County? Someone in the Wayne Mills thread talked about it.
HAROLD Wrote:I agree 100% with what you said. The exciting part is that even though there are many other 3A teams, Corbin's biggest year 2017 will be Belfry's rebuilding year. Could Corbin get a playmaker from Bell County? Someone in the Wayne Mills thread talked about it.

If they hire an asst Coach I would say it is a great possibility.
  • 1(current)
  • Next