Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie/s of the Week
Between cable channels, red box, amazon prime, netflix, etc....there's always folks watching movies throughout the week.

What are you watching or did you watch this week that you enjoyed are want to recommend folks don't touch with a 10 ft. pole...?

The wife and I enjoyed watching the 1992 thriller " Basic Instinct. " It had been awhile. Nothing like a lil nudity to spice up a flick.

We watched "No Escape" this past weekend if you are into action adventure this may be right up your alley. Never a dull moment and will keep you on the edge of your couch.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
We watched The Man From UNCLE. I wanted to watch it especially since I vividly remember the TV series from the 60s.

It was okay; not something I would recommend or watch again.
Watched Wayne's World a few times lately. About time to break out the Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation DVD's
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rather than watching the Paintsville-Pikeville game Friday night I got taken against my will by Mrs. Spirit to the last Hunger Games flick.

It was a solid finale. Had a few scenes to get you on the edge of your seat. I'll never look at a sewer system in the same light ever again! Confusednicker: Prepare yourself for a good ending! ( nice plot twist as well )

This is definitely a PG-13 film! Recommend seeing this one in an IMAX theatre if available in your area...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Got sucked into Season 5 of Homeland this week. Have caught a couple episodes after work for the last couple days.

This show continues to impress...

Will be checking out " A Christmas Story " this weekend to get more into the Christmas spirit. Too much politics, shootings news, and refugee talk has dampened this Spirits spirit...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Watched "War Room" this evening. Very solid and I highly recommend it. It may change your life.....?

:Thumbs:

I'll be making a couple "adjustments" as a result of watching it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Went to see Creed Sunday night, very well done for a Rocky movie. Had an extremely good storyline. Going to see Star Wars Christmas night with the kids. The rest of the week will be watching Jenna Jameson movies, though I wouldn't touch her with that 10' pole.....
Stardust Wrote:Went to see Creed Sunday night, very well done for a Rocky movie. Had an extremely good storyline. Going to see Star Wars Christmas night with the kids. The rest of the week will be watching Jenna Jameson movies, though I wouldn't touch her with that 10' pole.....

Confusednicker:

...you're one of many to applaud Creed. Really looking forward to seeing it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Completed a busy last three day movie extravaganza.

Christmas Movie wise we watched:

4 Christmas'
A Christmas Story
Christmas with the Kranks
Christmas Vacation

A family tradition and never gets old.

Also saw the Martian ( with Matt Damon ), pretty intense, long, but a good movie. Followed by Morning Glory with Harrison Ford this was a Mrs. Spirit100 choice ; ). This was a cutsy romantic comedy ( a chic flick ).

The holiday weekend was highlighted by watching the "Force Awakens" in IMAX 3D. This Star Wars fan is back. This film was along the lines of Movies 1 & 2 and what we should expect out of a good Star Wars film. Congrats to Disney on re-igniting the force in many of us! :Thumbs: The table is set for more good films...

How about you all? What did you watch? like / dislike ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Watched 2 good ones yesterday:

"MI-5"...British secret service flic with good plot twists, action, and adventure!

"The Intern" w/Robert De Niro...well done play on old school vs. millenial angles on life!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Breaking Bad is so awesome. You will love this series on Netflix. Another good one is Arrow,netflix also.
Spirit, I binged watched Homeland and got really into it during the first season. The second season was really good too. After that I watched three seasons and it got worse and worse every episode. With no SGT Brody and his hot wife, the show just cant hold a candle with one bi polar crazy nympho.
Concussion great movie. Best Will Smith movie yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Spirit, I binged watched Homeland and got really into it during the first season. The second season was really good too. After that I watched three seasons and it got worse and worse every episode. With no SGT Brody and his hot wife, the show just cant hold a candle with one bi polar crazy nympho.

The wife and I are as caught up on the series as Amazon Prime will allow. I agree there is a decline. Hopefully they can finish strong. Check out MI-5....if you're into Homeland you'll enjoy it! Let me know how it goes for you...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
In line with MI-5 the wife and I watched the latest Bond film "Spectre." It wasn't bad, it wasn't great either. I'd place it in the middle of the road regarding 007 quality in the grand scheme of things.

Watched "The Score" with Ed Norton and Robert DeNiro. Had seen it before about 10 years ago. One of those that age like a fine wine...caught it on Netflix for free!

What have you watched lately?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I liked MI5 too...also like Martian. It was a little long, but kept my attention pretty good.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Spirit, I binged watched Homeland and got really into it during the first season. The second season was really good too. After that I watched three seasons and it got worse and worse every episode. With no SGT Brody and his hot wife, the show just cant hold a candle with one bi polar crazy nympho.
Someone say bi polar crazy nympho? Confusednicker: I've only seen one season of Homeland, i'm hoping it don't get stupid. Also watched Lawless, Tom Hardy is pretty awesome.
Saw Woodlawn this weekend. Very good film whether you are a football fan or not. Provides some key insights into Birmingham AL culture back in the 60s and early 70s.

Really enjoyed John Voight playing Bear Bryant. Check it out if you get a chance, it won't disappoint!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Into mini-series mode this week. Watching a classic series on Prime: The Pacific. One of my favorites!

Check it out if you appreciate WWII history!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Had the time and pleasure of watching "Bridge of Spies" yesterday. Very good film and extremely appropriate considering the current political climate.

Check it out if your a Tom Hanks, or constitution, cold war, or spy film fan.

Here's a trailer to tease:

http://www.bing.com/search?FORM=SK2CDF&P...e+of+spies
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Watched "Dirty Grandpa" on prime yesterday. Very funny, very Rated R....be sure the kids are asleep!

Then watched "Money Monster" at the theatre only because the Mrs. wanted to. Wait for this to come out on prime or netflix. My buttered popcorn and fountain drink brought more pleasure!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Mrs Spirit had me by the hind end and i was forced to have had to watch Hallmark channel movies last week.

I've got a LOT of movie and tv show credit so i was able to catch Christmas Vacation this week and a lot of Yukon People episodes. I've always enjoyed the shows on folks who live in remote areas or on a very minimalist approach or combo of the two! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation
The Equalizer

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Been rewatching Game Of Thrones to get ready for the last season.
4 Christmases - hilarious!
Christmas Vacation - still my all time favorite

The Equalizer 2 - Denzel Washington is one of my all time favorites!!

Bird Box - Really liked this one on Netflix! BUT it was almost identical to Steven King's The Happening.
Granny Bear Wrote:4 Christmases - hilarious!
Christmas Vacation - still my all time favorite

The Equalizer 2 - Denzel Washington is one of my all time favorites!!

Bird Box - Really liked this one on Netflix! BUT it was almost identical to Steven King's The Happening.

Mrs. Spirit made me watch this last night and i wasn't a fan. Have always liked Sandra Bullock. The story line didn't do a whole lot for me and it wasn't scary in the least. Call me disappointed...

We did watch Dirty Grandpa before hand and that movie can make me piss my pants with laughter!!!

:biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Saw Escape Room. Original story, very enjoyable
Went to Richmond last week to watched the movie “ Vice “ Sure glad I’m a democrat Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Went to Richmond last week to watched the movie “ Vice “ Sure glad I’m a democrat Confusednicker:

Fake Movie!
Demarcus ware Wrote:Someone say bi polar crazy nympho? Confusednicker: I've only seen one season of Homeland, i'm hoping it don't get stupid. Also watched Lawless, Tom Hardy is pretty awesome.

The Bondurant's in Lawless are my cousins. Mine moved to Claiborne County,TN from Virginia.