Poll: Tubby a Good Coach
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
No
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby is a Great Coach
blackcat_student Wrote:Low RPI teams Florida has played: Northwood, Barry, Samford, North Florida, Jacksonville, Chattanooga, Prarie View, Southern, Stetson, Liberty.

Low RPI teams LSU has played: Nicholls St., UL-Monroe, McNeese St., Tulane, Louisiana Tech, Wright St., Mississippi Valley, Samford.

Yes my friend Everyone else in the Country plays these kinds of teams.
Everyone Else in the Country Kills these Teams
Where Kentucky, We dont suppost to be playing teams like that or have players like we do....
$MoNeY$ Wrote:Everyone Else in the Country Kills these Teams

I tend to agree with you there. UK dosn't always take there weaker opponets serious. But they still win over those teams. Kansas, and other teams have lost or come close to losing to these mid-major schools , but UK still wins. Yes I'd love to see UK win by much more, but a wins a win.
$MoNeY$ Wrote:Where Kentucky, We dont suppost to be playing teams like that or have players like we do....

No, we Kentucky Fans have been SPOILED by UK and Louisville basketball because they always have that shot at winning the National Championship or get to the Final Four each season. Yes we've had major NBA talent in the past but now its not the case that much anymore.
blackcat_student Wrote:No, we Kentucky Fans have been SPOILED by UK and Louisville basketball because they always have that shot at winning the National Championship or get to the Final Four each season. Yes we've had major NBA talent in the past but now its not the case that much anymore.
yea thats true but what is the reason for that
$MoNeY$ Wrote:yea thats true but what is the reason for that

Both teams have won the Final Four. Both teams win over 20 games each season, and both teams have always have Stars on there teams with Highly paid coaches, and last but not least they both have very rich histories. Thats why the state of Kentucky is the best place for college basketball in the USA.
blackcat_student Wrote:Both teams have won the Final Four. Both teams win over 20 games each season, and both teams have always have Stars on there teams with Highly paid coaches, and last but not least they both have very rich histories. Thats why the state of Kentucky is the best place for college basketball in the USA.
It used to be the best place to play basketball but in the last couple years it has not been the best
baseballfan Wrote:It used to be the best place to play basketball but in the last couple years it has not been the best

Maybe not this year or last but, It is when you look in the History books of each program.
when Tubby took over UK was one of the Best colleges to play for and now its gonna turn into a Rebuilding School....We might as well been on Probation...Atleast we would have a reason to be horrible
blackcat_student Wrote:Maybe not this year or last but, It is when you look in the History books of each program.
Yea ik, thats wat i said, back in the day we was the best college to play basketball but since at least 2000 our basketball team has went down hill
$MoNeY$ Wrote:when Tubby took over UK was one of the Best colleges to play for and now its gonna turn into a Rebuilding School....We might as well been on Probation...Atleast we would have a reason to be horrible

It's not that each team is horrible, its the skill level has gotten so much better throughout the world. The only think thats different between D1 and D2 schools are the Fowards and Centers thats it. All guards have almost equal talent these days.
baseballfan Wrote:Yea ik, thats wat i said, back in the day we was the best college to play basketball but since at least 2000 our basketball team has went down hill

Its that talent level is more equal than it was 10 & 20 years ago. Thats why these mid-majors are beating Top 25 teams.
baseballfan Wrote:Yea ik, thats wat i said, back in the day we was the best college to play basketball but since at least 2000 our basketball team has went down hill

Didn't Kentucky win 27 straight in 03' and finish with over 30 wins?
blackcat_student Wrote:Its that talent level is more equal than it was 10 & 20 years ago. Thats why these mid-majors are beating Top 25 teams.

You might as well give up blackcat_student. Ignorance will never be able to see common sense with this subject.
blackcat_student Wrote:Its that talent level is more equal than it was 10 & 20 years ago. Thats why these mid-majors are beating Top 25 teams.
the players have got better to, and if u was a good recuriter then it woulnt matter how better the talent was, thw players would be better, meaning we would still be a top 10 team every year, but he can not recute thats why we are not even in the top 25
I never thought UK Football Team would be better than the Basketball Team
$MoNeY$ Wrote:I never thought UK Football Team would be better than the Basketball Team

I didn't know they were. Going unranked and winning a bowl game doesn't mean their better. Basketball isn't even halfway through the season. How can you tell how the season will end?
yea the players have got better but since they got better they should be better basketball players at UK then we got. If tubby was a good recuiter then we should of had a lot of better players and we should of been back in the top10. But until tubby figures out how to recurit then we will stay out of the top 25.
alfus21 Wrote:I didn't know they were. Going unranked and winning a bowl game doesn't mean their better. Basketball isn't even halfway through the season. How can you tell how the season will end?
Same as the last 8 Seasons
$MoNeY$ Wrote:Same as the last 8 Seasons

That would mean maybe an elite 8, which I would gladly take with this team and their youth, plus the returning seniors.
baseballfan Wrote:yea the players have got better but since they got better they should be better basketball players at UK then we got. If tubby was a good recuiter then we should of had a lot of better players and we should of been back in the top10. But until tubby figures out how to recurit then we will stay out of the top 25.

Somthing I've noticed about Tubby is that he recruits players that play his style of ball. Yes, he let Chris Lofton, Ty Proffit, and others go but he likes to get guys that can play his style of ball. Guys that can finish, and play defense, and get rebounds. No, he hasnt recruited a player that shoots 12 threes a game like Lofton does and not get back and play defense.
alfus21 Wrote:That would mean maybe an elite 8, which I would gladly take with this team and their youth, plus the returning seniors.
Well if your happy wit that then yea u have nuttin to complain about but alot of ppl isnt and im one of em
Tubby Smith is a great coach for somewhere else! He is not Kentucky material. Kentucky has always been a team to be ahead of the game but Tubby coaches 80s style basketball. This is 2007 not 1987. Tubby always gets projects to work on and not in your face players that we Kentucky fans like to see.
Yea I dont understand that...We killed him at Georgia, so why hire him?
$MoNeY$ Wrote:Well if your happy wit that then yea u have nuttin to complain about but alot of ppl isnt and im one of em

If you are not a Kentucky fan then way are you so worried about how they do
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
CAM2006 Wrote:If you are not a Kentucky fan then way are you so worried about how they do
I was a KY fan, not anymore
Bball Wizard Wrote:Tubby Smith is a great coach for somewhere else! He is not Kentucky material. Kentucky has always been a team to be ahead of the game but Tubby coaches 80s style basketball. This is 2007 not 1987. Tubby always gets projects to work on and not in your face players that we Kentucky fans like to see.
:Thumbs:
blackcat_student Wrote:Somthing I've noticed about Tubby is that he recruits players that play his style of ball. Yes, he let Chris Lofton, Ty Proffit, and others go but he likes to get guys that can play his style of ball. Guys that can finish, and play defense, and get rebounds. No, he hasnt recruited a player that shoots 12 threes a game like Lofton does and not get back and play defense.
His 80 style ball aint cuttin it out in the last past year. He either needs to find another place to coach or needs to learn how to play 2007 KY style ball
CAM2006 Wrote:If you are not a Kentucky fan then way are you so worried about how they do
U C wat picture he has his name, hes a Louisville fan
baseballfan Wrote:U C wat picture he has his name, hes a Louisville fan
Im a Louisville football Fan...If it was Baskebtall then I would rather cheer for UK than UL cause there both horrible