Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Matt Jones from Kentucky Sports Radio so disliked?
Matt Jones from Kentucky Sports Radio.... a Bell County native and founder of Kentucky Sports Radio.
His radio show has the best ratings of any college based athletics in the Country. Some media outlets call him 'The Voice of the Big Blue Nation'

People either love him or hate him.

I listen to his radio show everyday, follow his website and listen the KSR Pre-Game & Post-Game shows.

But some people despise him.....

So, I have to ask.... why is Matt Jones so disliked by UK fans?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
He is a Duke Law School graduate...Seriuosly before he got this gig he tried to file a bogus law suit against a friend of mine over in Bell Co...Can't stand the scum bag...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Three reasons.

1. Because hes a douche bag. I don't care where hes from. He's a douche bag in every zip code.

2. He took a good thing, a good Kentucky sports media outlet, built that thing up, only to start sharing his liberal views non sense as if his love for Obama is okay in some fashion. In doing so, he pretty much put all other radio networks and talk shows out of business or have no chance of starting up, and in the process knows he can speak his non sense that has nothing to do with sports and people have no option but to listen to it. He has no business being affiliated with UK in any shape or form. I haven't visited the site in years, don't listen to him on the radio, and wish someone, hell anyone, would start a strictly sports site and radio show up that I could view and watch.

3. Hes a douche bag.
OldJacket Wrote:He is a Duke Law School graduate...Seriuosly before he got this gig he tried to file a bogus law suit against a friend of mine over in Bell Co...Can't stand the scum bag...

And a failure at that.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Three reasons.

1. Because hes a douche bag. I don't care where hes from. He's a douche bag in every zip code.

2. He took a good thing, a good Kentucky sports media outlet, built that thing up, only to start sharing his liberal views non sense as if his love for Obama is okay in some fashion. In doing so, he pretty much put all other radio networks and talk shows out of business or have no chance of starting up, and in the process knows he can speak his non sense that has nothing to do with sports and people have no option but to listen to it. He has no business being affiliated with UK in any shape or form. I haven't visited the site in years, don't listen to him on the radio, and wish someone, hell anyone, would start a strictly sports site and radio show up that I could view and watch.

3. Hes a douche bag.
1 and 3 are right on.

3. Hes a douche bag.
I second all of these.
He's so obnoxious
I put Matt Jones on the Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan or Paul Heyman level....

Matt Jones would be a great professional wrestling manager because he is so loud and obnoxious.
The thing that bugs me the most about him right now, among many things, is he is using his radio show just to increase his name recognition as long as he can before he gives it up to run for office against Andy Barr. Be a man, announce you are running now and leave the show instead of soaking up all the free publicity you can get before you run. Oh, and quit being such a jerk to callers who don't share your views. And give it a little rest on the Louisville hatred stuff, you've almost made me feel sorry for them. Almost.
He is a tad arrogant.
OldJacket Wrote:He is a Duke Law School graduate...Seriuosly before he got this gig he tried to file a bogus law suit against a friend of mine over in Bell Co...Can't stand the scum bag...

And he got this job how?

Not a fan and hope he's replaced by an objective University of Kentucky student or recent grad. Guaranteed there's got to be a current communications (radio/tv) major or recent grad that could best Matt Jones.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I love him because he is a douche bag! He puts it the BEST UK information, bar none! He is NOT a homer. I don't need someone "sucking the teet", I want someone who will CHALLENGE, and he does that in spades. I could give a rats ass what he does in his personal life, he can sue your wife and kids, I don't care. All I care about is getting the information right, and he does that. If I only wanted someone with unquestionable character, then I would also site the head-coach as a "Douche bag"....
Stardust Wrote:I love him because he is a douche bag! He puts it the BEST UK information, bar none! He is NOT a homer. I don't need someone "sucking the teet", I want someone who will CHALLENGE, and he does that in spades. I could give a rats ass what he does in his personal life, he can sue your wife and kids, I don't care. All I care about is getting the information right, and he does that. If I only wanted someone with unquestionable character, then I would also site the head-coach as a "Douche bag"....
To say he gets the info right, i can understand that, but he and the rest of the KSR staff has "sucked the teet" of Stoops and Towles all season until the last game or two. He's a huge homer, just luckily he doesn't know anything about football (his words not mine).
What Dusty said about "He puts it the BEST UK information, bar none" ..... I really believe that is why so many people listen to his radio shows and follow his website.

I'll be honest, I mainly listen for the entertainment value.
How many other people can pull off having Courtney Cox, Josh Hopkins, Ted Cruz, Mitch McConnell, ALG, Katina Powell's attorney, host two gubernatorial debates, Goldberg, have all of the guest host (and all of these, KSR can relate to UK athletics) & have major crowds at all of their Summer Tour stops?

As far as the information goes with all things UK athletics, he is the best.
KSR is 99% of the time the fastest out and accurate.

They broke that Matt Roark would start QB in 2011 vs. Tennessee.
Spirit100 Wrote:And he got this job how?

Not a fan and hope he's replaced by an objective University of Kentucky student or recent grad. Guaranteed there's got to be a current communications (radio/tv) major or recent grad that could best Matt Jones.

Matt Jones started KSR. He stopped practicing law to start KSR.

From what I can gather, KSR started as a blog and a podcast around 2005. The Billy Clyde Gillespie era, The Pitino/Sypher trial & the hiring of John Calipari is what blew KSR up.... or in professional wrestling terms "that is what got KSR Over"

From there, the KSR machine started growing..... to Football & Basketball Pre-Game and Post-Game shows became regular as did their daily 10am-12pm radio show.

So KSR is Matt Jones's baby.

And to be honest, KSR WILL NOT last if Matt Jones gets elected to congress.
Ryan Lemond, Drew Franklin, Shannon The Dude and all of the other KSR staff WILL NOT keep KSR afloat without Matt Jones.
And one more thing while I'm on it....

Ryan Lemond covered UK sports in Lexington for years and years. He is deeply connected to UK athletics.

Drew Franklin lives the night life of a King. He knows more dirt and stories on UK coaches and players than anybody. If I'm not mistaken, he found about Matt Roark starting at QB vs. Tennessee in a Gentlemen's Club.

Matt Jones is from Bell County. But is also a Duke Law graduate that is very diplomatic. His education as a lawyer and upbringing in the Mountains relates to a lot of UK fans. His Lawyer background makes the show better than any on the market because of his 'legal' point of view.

KSR has the ability to get any former UK player on their show when their schedule allows.

I'm not a KSR 'Mark'..... but I do love UK athletics. So for me, I get entertainment and solid UK information.
The reason he puts out the best info is because he's the ONLY one putting out info.
Sorry but I despise the guy and can't wait to see the douchebag gone from all things UK.
My stance will never change on this.
Hope he's gone asap.
He is kind of like the good looking girl who knows she is good looking. Arrogant!
Imagine that.

He has decided as a "personal decision" not to run for office.

It could be because he would lose so badly that its impossible to show his face again being a democrat in a state where democrats are going to be a rare commodity.

Even heard he didn't allow people to comment on his little announcement on his site because he knew the response he would get.

3. Hes a douche bag.

Exactly!
E's Army Wrote:He is kind of like the good looking girl who knows she is good looking. Arrogant!

This analogy sums it up for me.

I check the site each and everyday because it's reader friendly, funny, and always quick with their information on UK. So I am a fan of what he has done at KSR.

But I just can not make myself like him and this is why I don't listen to his shows. He's just too full of himself for my liking and he's not afraid to broadcast it.