Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8th Grade Boys Basketball 2015-16
Leonards_loser Wrote:Maybe it says a lot about the quality of ref the home team is willing to put on the floor………but I do understand what you're saying as well. If you have a few extra bucks and computer access then you can become a certified referee. Still doesn't mean you are obligated to have them work the games.

That was my point. You would be surprised how many refs are assigned to games by the assigning secretary. Not saying that's the case here but I do know it is common. With all the games that are being played at various levels, it is getting more and more difficult to find officials. And I didn't say GOOD officials.
Does anyone know who is playing in KBA Dicks Sporting Goods tournament and what session they are in.
Knox is weak to me not as good as last year. Wayne beat them by 20+ in a tourney. I know Wayne played good. Had a bunch in double digits. And Wayne's guard had 30 something so that might have mad a difference.
Lake Cumberland Christmas Classic had some really good games in it this past weekend. Glad to see Clay back to playing at a consistently high level. They finished second in the 8th grade division to Northern Pulaski. Clay led until the final 1:53 of the game and then Fraley took over. Clay defeated Corbin 60-30 and Wayne 55-46 before falling to Northern Pulaski by 5 or 6 points in the finals.
What's the story on Ashland Middle School?
7-0 start, pick up again in 2016. I'm sure we will be as competitive as always at KBA.
How did the tournament at KBA go? Heard Clay looked good and East Bernstadt lost a tough one but that's it so far.
8th grade state should be Northern Pulaski or Clay counties to lose.
Wayne beat Northern Pulaski at Northern by 10 points the other night and had lead by as many as 18-20. Someone said that maybe the Fraley kid didn't play that night though...

Wayne was supposed to get to play Clay at home on Jan 4th but Clay forfeited.

Anyway, I think Wayne can definitely be in the mix and cause some problems.
Fraley did play and had a good game. Wayne came out and made a statement
Good deal. The fellow I talked to wasn't sure if that kid was Fraley or not.
Saw some good eighth grade games in 13th region tournament. East Bernstadt gave Clay a good game. Tie game with 3 minutes left. Clay got a few easy ones at the end but it was an exciting game, both are good teams.
The way I see it...the 8th grade state title is Northern Pulaski's to lose...plain & simple. I'm not saying they can't be beaten, but they have great players and a great coaching staff and a tradition of winning. The Fraley kid is as good of a floor general as you will ever see in middle school anywhere. With that being said, Northern Pulaski, Clay County, Wayne Co., North Marshall, Crosby, and Ashland "should" all rise to the top the second weekend in February at KBA. February 12th can't get here fast enough for me!!! Best of luck to all teams competing in this years tournament.