Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Marks Stoops by Monday!
If I was the AD at UK I would do the BBN a huge favor and put the "Mark Stoops Era" of UK football out of it's misery! I would do it by Monday! It needs to be done quick so some of these younger players can be developed into SEC football players! The trademark of a Mark Stoops coached UK football team is a lack of heart and discipline! Mark Stoop's teams never improve during the season they can't make fundamental football plays at key times. I have been a UK football fan since the early days of Jerry Claiborne and I honestly think that Mark Stoop's teams are by far the worst coached UK teams I ever saw! Billy Curry's teams made lots of mistakes but each and every Bill Curry team I saw play would HIT YOU! Hal Mumme's teams could catch the Ball. Rich Brook's teams had some of the best coached special teams units I ever saw. Derrick Lock, David Jones, Keenna Burton, Randel Cobb and Abney all had kick/punt returns for TDs for Rich Brook. No Stoop's team has even been close to scoring a TD on special teams and he has the nerve to not hire a special teams coach! FIRE STOOPS MONDAY!
Joker 2.0

Say what you will say what you may, I wouldn't wait till Monday. I would have told him on the flight back home.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Joker 2.0

Say what you will say what you may, I wouldn't wait till Monday. I would have told him on the flight back home.

that play should have been facemask and it may have been(idk I didn't watch it) they wont beat vandy either because they have good defense..:Thumbs:
Guys just give him one more year. When he got here, he was left with Joker's mess, he's upgraded good but not where we want it to be and us as a fan base is way too impatient. He's got commonwealth full, he's got Mitch Barnhart to actually put money into Commonwealth Stadium and upgraded it, he's getting good recruits. He still likes a year to completely get out of Joker's mess that he left. Unless something drastically happens, Kentucky WILL go to a Bowl game this season which is all we wanted.
Strikeout King Wrote:Guys just give him one more year. When he got here, he was left with Joker's mess, he's upgraded good but not where we want it to be and us as a fan base is way too impatient. He's got commonwealth full, he's got Mitch Barnhart to actually put money into Commonwealth Stadium and upgraded it, he's getting good recruits. He still likes a year to completely get out of Joker's mess that he left. Unless something drastically happens, Kentucky WILL go to a Bowl game this season which is all we wanted.
I'm curious what two games do you think we can win this year to get to a bowl game? Vandy and Louisville's defense is as good or better than what we seen at UGA, Vandy's may even be better. Charlotte should be a win but then I think back to EKU.
I think that Kentucky knows that they need 2 of the last 3 games to make a bowl game. I think they wikn 2 of the next 3 games.
Got this off Justin Rowland about how bad special teams play has been this year...
Kentucky is dead last nationally in starting field position. 128th out of 128.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Got this off Justin Rowland about how bad special teams play has been this year...
Yeah not hiring a special teams coach was a brilliant idea. I haven't looked but i just wonder how many D1 teams don't have a coach for that. I would like to chalk that up to Stoops being a new head coach and just got bad advice, but i can't even sell that to myself. LOL
It's hard to imagine in the most competitive conference in America you wouldn't want a full time special teams coach? In regards to the condition of this program right now, the wheels have come completely off. At this point of the season this team is doing nothing well to put it mildly. The defense looked completely over matched by a Ga team that has MAJOR offensive issues and the offense without Boom Williams along with special teams was a complete disaster Saturday. I understand that Towles is playing poorly, but I have a feeling that if Barker starts next Saturday it could be a disaster? this program is NOT in any better shape than it was in Joker's 3rd year!!! Plain and simple.........
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:It's hard to imagine in the most competitive conference in America you wouldn't want a full time special teams coach? In regards to the condition of this program right now, the wheels have come completely off. At this point of the season this team is doing nothing well to put it mildly. The defense looked completely over matched by a Ga team that has MAJOR offensive issues and the offense without Boom Williams along with special teams was a complete disaster Saturday. I understand that Towles is playing poorly, but I have a feeling that if Barker starts next Saturday it could be a disaster? this program is NOT in any better shape than it was in Joker's 3rd year!!! Plain and simple.........

Kentucky went 2-10 in Joker's 3rd and final year. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

We have a lot of problems right now, but not enough to warrant starting over again. Let his recruits take their hits while they're young, and we'll see what they can do in the next year or so.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cuppett777 Wrote:that play should have been facemask and it may have been(idk I didn't watch it) they wont beat vandy either because they have good defense..:Thumbs:

That play should have been the death of that UK player but somehow he got back up. I'd never show my face again.
Joker did go 2 and 10 in his last year.
However if mizzou and scar wasn't fielding there worst team in 20 years then we'd be one OT win away against EKU from being 2-10 again.

We cannot look at records here. Stoops SOS is so easy this year it's unbelievable.
alfus21 Wrote:Kentucky went 2-10 in Joker's 3rd and final year. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

We have a lot of problems right now, but not enough to warrant starting over again. Let his recruits take their hits while they're young, and we'll see what they can do in the next year or so.

This year is "so" for a few folks me included. His recruits are juniors now. It's his job to have his staff and players on the same page, well prepared, and bought into "winning" week in week out. Three years is plenty of time to establish a winning culture. Even if there are seniors who are cancers on this squad....this team needs to win 6 this season.

And yes I'm anticipating 7-8 wins next year where I think he plateaus give or take a couple games based on SOS for the duration and I'm OK with that. It's UK football and it is what it is. If he loses 2 out of these last three he deserves to have his feet held close to the fire and fan scrutiny.

Trust me...he can handle it, most of us could handle a lot more and would have our team better prepared if we were paid as much as he is as HC!!!

Go Cats...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
UK Lost a commitment today, WR from Fla. Hope this doesn't start a trend.
Demarcus ware Wrote:UK Lost a commitment today, WR from Fla. Hope this doesn't start a trend.

It was a 5 star too, I believe.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:It was a 5 star too, I believe.
Yep
He was a class of 2019....

No matter if 'committed' or not, UK was not going to keep this guy. He is from Florida. No way we was gonna get him over the schools in Florida.

I would say for us to even have a 5 Star player to 'commit' speaks volumes on where our program is in recruiting.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:He was a class of 2019....

No matter if 'committed' or not, UK was not going to keep this guy. He is from Florida. No way we was gonna get him over the schools in Florida.

I would say for us to even have a 5 Star player to 'commit' speaks volumes on where our program is in recruiting.
While i never for a second thought he would come here, it's the appearance of this happening considering the last 4 weeks that we've had. Losing a recruit isn't a big deal, it happens to every team, but the timing of it couldn't have come at a worse time.
It's definitely a bad look for the program to have recruits de-committing right now. Vandy is a literal must-win for this program right now, or the last wheel on the wagon is going to come off.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:He was a class of 2019....

What do you mean he was "never" going to come here.
Your right, he was a 5 star recruit for 2019, but are you seriously telling me, as a Stoops supporter, that you don't EXPECT him to be keeping 5 stars by 2019? I thought that was the whole reason for "building" a program and yahtzee and why not and all that other bull shat.
OldJacket Wrote:Got this off Justin Rowland about how bad special teams play has been this year...

I remember when they made the decision to just "wing it" on special teams and I laughed so hard at the sheer stupidity of the ideal.
Ive watched them keep Timmons back there this entire year while he muffs balls and fair catches inside the 10 and sometimes 5 yard line.

This has been a complete disaster to watch.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I remember when they made the decision to just "wing it" on special teams and I laughed so hard at the sheer stupidity of the ideal.
Ive watched them keep Timmons back there this entire year while he muffs balls and fair catches inside the 10 and sometimes 5 yard line.

This has been a complete disaster to watch.

Timmons has had trouble catching passes for two years, why did they think he could catch punts....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Looks like they are either going to go with Towles saturday or play both. My guess would be play both the first half and then which ever one can produce will take it the 2nd half. Either that, or Stoops just said all the bull after the UGA beatdown to keep the fans happy.